collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What should I do now? Ebay pacakge undeliverable Resolved  (Read 4775 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
What should I do now? Ebay pacakge undeliverable Resolved
« on: July 08, 2017, 04:04:48 PM »
Hi,

I was tracking an item I bought on Ebay that was supposed to arrive today. The tracking was working and showed the item was on the mail truck to be delivered today. My mail came but there was no package in the mailbox or on the porch. My mailman sometimes misplaces pacakges in the truck that are supposed to be delivered and will bring them back later. I waited and still no package arrived. I checked the tracking several times throughout the day and the tracking still said "Out for Delivery" The last time I checked though the tracking changed to this message:

USPS was unable to deliver your item. The address may be incorrect, incomplete, or illegible/Undeliverable as Addressed

Does this mean something happened to the package and the address wasn't readable?  I will be checking with the post office on Monday morning but if they are unable to locate the package should I contact the seller?

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:08:30 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
Re: What should I do now? Ebay pacakge undeliverable
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 05:12:15 PM »
I am sure it will come Monday.  I have had that happen to me several times, and it always came the next business day.  I would call your local post office just the same to give them a heads up
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 05:40:12 PM »
I would suggest contacting your local post office (the one where your mail comes from--probably it will be the closest one) and telling them about the "undeliverable" status.  Describe as much about the package as you can . . . It weighs this much, this is the address it SHOULD have, this is the return address, etc.  They may be able to match the description with the package.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 06:12:29 PM »
I am sure it will come Monday.  I have had that happen to me several times, and it always came the next business day.  I would call your local post office just the same to give them a heads up

This happened to me once as well when another mailman was filling in for my regular guy.  I think he just didn't get everything delivered on time or something and marked it wrong.  It was delivered the next day.  Good luck! :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 08:40:29 AM »
I wouldn't worry yet.  It will probably arrive next week and was mis-marked.  I have gone through this. 1 or 2 business days later it arrived.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 09:29:25 AM »
Just give your local post office a call first thing tomorrow morning :)  Hopefully it's still on the truck and will be delivered to you soon.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
Re: What should I do now? Ebay pacakge undeliverable Resolved
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 10:14:28 AM »
I went down to the post office today and they called my mail carrier and he said the package was on the truck. I have no idea why it wasn't delivered on time as the package is not torn or damaged in anyway. Someone said it might have gotten on the wrong truck 

Should I mark "Yes" on Ebay for the question that says Did this item arrive on or before the estimated delivery date? I don't want the seller to lose stars for the post office's mistake.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:29:31 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 01:51:21 PM »
I went down to the post office today and they called my mail carrier and he said the package was on the truck. I have no idea why it wasn't delivered on time as the package is not torn or damaged in anyway. Someone said it might have gotten on the wrong truck 

Should I mark "Yes" on Ebay for the question that says Did this item arrive on or before the estimated delivery date? I don't want the seller to lose stars for the post office's mistake.

Ponyfan

Personally, I would mark "yes". I'd only mark "no" if the issue was something that was the seller's fault since that's who you're rating.

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 02:49:30 PM »

Ponyfan

Personally, I would mark "yes". I'd only mark "no" if the issue was something that was the seller's fault since that's who you're rating.

This exactly.  If the seller shipped quickly and addressed/packed the package properly, then the late arrival was not due to any fault of theirs.  I would give 5 stars.  Glad your package arrived! :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal