collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do with a Paradise Estate box?  (Read 568 times)

Offline MusicCat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
What to do with a Paradise Estate box?
« on: July 04, 2017, 01:56:32 PM »
Hi, everyone. I'm not active on the Arena too much anymore but I just got the majority of my collection back after 3 years or so (long story!) and I'm in the process of cleaning and sorting everything.

When I won an auction for a Paradise Estate a few years ago, it came with the original box much to my surprise! But I don't know what to do with it, but I also don't want to throw it out. Here's the box as it is right now:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I kept it like this in the room I used to have my collection in, up against the wall like that. All the flaps and such are there, but ripped in places. I thought about taping it up but I don't think I have the space right now. I can keep it as-is for now and tape it back into a box when I have more space, but I'm wondering what the community thinks, especially because I have no idea about the possible rarity or value of it. I'm open to all ideas, from not doing a thing to it to making it a piece of wall art!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 01:59:14 PM by MusicCat »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with a Paradise Estate box?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 03:31:45 PM »
Don't tape it. 
Tape is horrible stuff from a conservation perspective; I keep my boxes stored behind shelves so they're out of the light, but wall mounting isn't a bad idea either as long as you're okay with it fading or keeping the box somewhere it doesn't get much light exposure.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 08:09:11 AM »
As Baby Sugarberry said tape is a bad idea. The artwork on your box looks fantastic so I think it's a great piece to have still. I have multiple PE sets but still no box XP If it was me, I would probably keep it in a safe place flat as shown with protective acid free tissue paper in front (like a preserved art piece) or display it proudly flat somewhere in my room, maybe in a poster frame that doesn't crush it too much.

Congrats on refinding your collection again. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline MusicCat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 10:32:39 AM »
Thank you both for the advice  :lovey:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 09:16:45 AM »
Use it to store accessories?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 11:15:02 AM »
I have the box for the Waterfall, but the Waterfall is on display. I use the box to store the things that just can't be displayed right now- some extra ponies, some of the accessories, some of the MIP G4's that are waiting to be shown off--- but it would be really cool art, too! I also have lots of inserts framed and hanging in the hall, but I pretty much have the whole upstairs to do with as I please, so my husband doesn't complain about the enormous amount of pony art. Downstairs, you might not even know a collector lives in the house.

It's a beautiful piece- no matter what you do with it, it's nice to know it's with someone who cares about it!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal