collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Baby Lucky

have him
29 (76.3%)
want him
5 (13.2%)
army
0 (0%)
I'll pass
4 (10.5%)
new to me
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: July 12, 2017, 09:20:34 AM

Author Topic: POTD 7/7/2017 Baby Lucky  (Read 2516 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
POTD 7/7/2017 Baby Lucky
« on: July 07, 2017, 09:20:34 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

mylittlewiki.org

Do you have him? What do you think of him? Share some more pics!

I just love this guy. Blue is my favorite color on a pony. That bowtie  :hearts:

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: POTD 7/7/2017 Baby Lucky
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 09:53:41 AM »
He is a childhood pony for me. One of the only MO ponies in the UK that wasn't sold in stores as well. I had to beg and beg to get him, because he was out around the time my Dad had just lost his job in the middle of the recession, but in the end I did get him. I think family helped out. I remember he had a white moon comb and came in a white box. Mine still has his bowtie, but it's long since lost its elastic-ness.

He was in the comics a lot and was always getting up to mischief, like finding the Mountain Boys and accidentally bringing drawings of newborn twin ponies to life.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 10:00:25 AM »
I didn't have Baby Lucky as a kid, but I did have the pamphlet advertising him.  When I started collecting years later, I found blue baby Ember and thought it was Lucky with his symbol scraped off, lol.

I still think he'd look better in Ember's pose, to be honest.  That particular boy pose looks kind of weird IMO.   But he's still cute.

Also!  The pamphlet he was advertised in made a big deal about him being "the very first BOY pony!".  But, the pamphlet was also advertising Satin 'n Lace and her wedding!  (Tux 'n Tails / Coat 'n Tails had not been invented yet.)  Being raised in a heteronormative environment, it didn't occur to me that she might be marrying another girl, so it just seemed odd.

Also, Baby Lucky was described as Satin 'n Lace's cousin.  If he's the very first boy pony, how . . . how did that happen?

Follow-up:  If Majesty magically created Baby Lucky, and Satin 'n Lace is Baby Lucky's cousin, does that mean Majesty also magically created Satin 'n Lace?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 10:04:05 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 10:00:54 AM »
One of my very few birthday presents!  :) Still have him, he's been with me for 29 years!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 10:32:41 AM »
Also!  The pamphlet he was advertised in made a big deal about him being "the very first BOY pony!".  But, the pamphlet was also advertising Satin 'n Lace and her wedding!  (Tux 'n Tails / Coat 'n Tails had not been invented yet.)  Being raised in a heteronormative environment, it didn't occur to me that she might be marrying another girl, so it just seemed odd.

Hasbro did the same with Confetti here though the comics explained the wedding outfit away as a gift from fairies she got from a party...her box suggests she;s getting married, though to whom, nobody knows o.O. No boy ponies in 86, except Lucky, who had no connection to weddings here.

I still have this somehow from my childhood where so many other things got lost, which may be explained by the fact he was super special to me as a mail order pony. This is the letter that came with him - which weirdly is from the mostly peripheral Megan rather than Majesty.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 11:21:54 AM »
I traded off my spare to someone not on the boards however, I am glad he got a good home. I love my newer one better. I think he is a cute one. I dont understand him being a relative of satin in lace. I guess it doesnt make very much sense. Though I think it really is a far fetched story. This sounds like its like one of those random unfinished stories.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 11:54:28 AM »
It's so cool that you still have that piece of your childhood!  I still have my Satin 'n Lace pamphlet, although this scan is from Ponyland Press:

The text is kind of small.  It says, "It's almost time for the wedding. And look who's here!  It's Lucky, the very first boy Pony! He's Satin 'n Lace's little stallion cousin and he's going to be the ring bearer.  Won't he look adorable in the bridal procession? Because Lucky is such a special pony, you can't buy him at any store.  He's only available to Pony friends through this exclusive offer."

Also some text about Satin 'n Lace inviting the Collector ponies to the wedding.  Those who bought the Collector pony retro sets from 2007 may recognize the art of them . . . Hasbro used it for the back of the retro set. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 02:01:22 PM »
DD has him. I don't. He's a cute lil guy, but not my cup of tea.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 03:31:20 PM »
I have him, but mine has regrind on one leg that looks like hot pink graffiti, and is snake like. Still love them to pieces though.

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 04:34:43 PM »
Finally, one I actually have! Lucky was one of my childhood favorites, and one of only two ponies that survived my childhood herd. I remember ordering him from one of the brochures and it seemed like aaaaages I had to wait for him to finally arrive... I'd ask my mom every few days when he was going to get here. LOL.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 04:44:01 PM »
I have him, but mine has regrind on one leg that looks like hot pink graffiti, and is snake like. Still love them to pieces though.

Well he is old enough to get a tattoo.

Offline SkyCakes

• View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 05:00:17 PM »

Though I know he is called an stallion I always thought of him as a colt.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 06:56:50 PM »

Though I know he is called an stallion I always thought of him as a colt.

As far as I'm concerned, he is a colt. But you know, this is Hasbro land where baby ponies wear diapers and show off their one toof.

Offline SkyCakes

• View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 07:03:38 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, he is a colt. But you know, this is Hasbro land where baby ponies wear diapers and show off their one toof.

I agree with that anything goes in the land of Hasbro. They gave the pony friends hair.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 12:01:03 AM »
In a world where baby ponies can be born via a magic mirror or brought to life from paper when Baby Lucky accidentally uses his magic (UK comic) and where Megan is older than ponies that have baby ponies (US Picnic at PE tape), anything goes. Seriously.

Baby Lucky I remember now had magic words. I think he had to do a dorothy-esque click of his hooves and say Happy go lucky or something for weird stuff to happen, and somehow he managed to do that accidentally from time to time.

I think I have that wedding brochure somewhere in my folder of inserts. I also have a copy of the mail in thingy for the UK for lucky, which is just a white paper document with blue (?) text. Nothing as glossy or fancy xD. I don't have that scanned, though. Or if I do I can't find the scan currently.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal