collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The wrong job  (Read 1872 times)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The wrong job
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 09:47:29 AM »
Hooray! I am so happy it is working out!! Personally I have no problem being known as The Pony Nut if it means getting more ponies  ;) That is really great news

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 10:01:33 AM »
Awww that is nice of the store to make an exception :) 

Too bad you live so far away or I would give you my DD's rocking horse.  I hate to yard-sale it but she can't even sit down on it, she is so tall now.  But it's so CUTE and FLUFFY! 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 01:06:12 AM »
I have never heard of any store telling employees they can't buy stuff whenever they wanted. Even Disney world - which sells all the lost and found stuff - has no restriction on when and how much an employee can buy. The only thing was you can't use your hotel discounts during the holiday season as its the biggest money maker for them. 

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 01:31:02 AM »
It's a thrift store thing:  if they let the employees buy all the good stuff, the customers wouldn't be getting first pick.  Not sure if it's a real or perceived problem but at any rate, it's a job.  A tough one too, not sure how the full-timers manage to keep it up every day.  I guess I'm doing good though.  For now.

I had to pull weeds all day today on my one "day off" under threat of an inspection on Monday and being charged for the slumlords to do it according to a letter I just got yesterday that says it's been an "ongoing battle" to get tenants to clear their weeds (what a crock, I clear mine every few weeks they just grow like mad) and then go around buying parts for my bird cages and scrub down my new filing cabinet in preparations for getting things together in the trailer.  Tomorrow (actually today now considering it's 1am) it's back to the thrift store job where I will get ground down to a nub.  The cold I had a week or more ago never went away and a few days ago seems to have been replaced by a brand new bug, so it's endless joy.  With no days of "rest" I've been taking cold meds constantly to be work-ready and they seem to suppress the immune response along with the symptoms so colds last forever.  After being a bum for a decade I'm getting a good reminder of what working all the time was like in the decades before.

On the upside thanks to being proletariat again I had a little extra cash to buy a couple of baby brother ponies on eBay this week, and finally a few minutes ago paid off a 74-pony deal that's been hanging around for a long time so, I'm in the ponies now Yay!!  What's another day pretending to like hard work right? and then another day after that, and then a nice deep hole lined with ponies to be thrown into at the end of it all.

Well, thanks to anyone still reading my little thread here.  Happy pony to you.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2017, 01:53:00 PM »
I used to volunteer at thrift, we just had to pay full price, as checked by the manager, no shopping restrictions, just no dumpster diving, anything we wanted had to be paid for even if it had no value, and would be thrown out otherwise. I'm tempted to volunteer again since I can't find real work, I need to get out of the house!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal