collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this show for real?  (Read 825 times)

invinible

• Trade Count: (0)
Is this show for real?
« on: July 03, 2017, 06:30:27 PM »
Littlest Pet Shop: Blythe X

The reason I ask is I only found 2 wikia articles on it and if it is real and connected like they claim than the Littlest Pet Shop world is the same as the Equestria Girls world which gives the former show direct connection to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Is this show for real?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 07:44:03 PM »
Moving this to The Toy Box.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Lhianneth

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 09:11:20 PM »
I'm not sure about a show, but there was a mini-Blythe doll collab with Littlest Pet Shop in the past. They made several dolls, though they didn't come with pets, who were themed around the toy line (the matching pets were sold as separate toys). Maybe the show you've found was a tie-in with that line?

Edit to add:
Blythe was bought by Hasbro in 1991, it looks like. This is the same year that Hasbro acquired Kenner (the original LPS manufacturer). I wouldn't be surprised if the link was a while in the making, to be honest.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 03:40:34 AM »
I don't think so. There would be more info then just on a wiki...

One of the wikis made this statement:
Warning:
This wiki has fictional information and it is for imaginary purposes only.

http://lps-blythex.wikia.com/wiki/Littlest_Pet_Shop:_Blythe_X_Wikia

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 05:52:27 AM »
I'm not sure about a show, but there was a mini-Blythe doll collab with Littlest Pet Shop in the past. They made several dolls, though they didn't come with pets, who were themed around the toy line (the matching pets were sold as separate toys). Maybe the show you've found was a tie-in with that line?

Edit to add:
Blythe was bought by Hasbro in 1991, it looks like. This is the same year that Hasbro acquired Kenner (the original LPS manufacturer). I wouldn't be surprised if the link was a while in the making, to be honest.

Blythe was originally made by Kenner just like LPS. When Hasbro bought Kenner they got the rights to Blythe. For a long time Hasbro was content just to license Blythe out to CWC in Japan but then they decided to use the name for a human friend for LPS. There were some web shorts with a character named Blythe before the 2012 series which could be what they are talking about.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 06:06:11 AM »
Sounds like a fan series to me. I doubt it actually exists.

Lhianneth

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 06:31:57 AM »

Edit to add:

Blythe was originally made by Kenner just like LPS. When Hasbro bought Kenner they got the rights to Blythe. For a long time Hasbro was content just to license Blythe out to CWC in Japan but then they decided to use the name for a human friend for LPS. There were some web shorts with a character named Blythe before the 2012 series which could be what they are talking about.

Then that explains it. I didn't realise Blythe was a Kenner line doll from the get-go.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal