collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The REAL Greatest Villain in all of MLP  (Read 7282 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: The REAL Greatest Villain in all of MLP
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 09:06:13 AM »
I loved flight to cloud castle, it was fun to see Twilight, Locket and Heart throb using their brains.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 09:15:59 AM »
Yeah, "Garf" definitely gets my vote for worst of the worst. o_0; I preferred my Ponyland without creepy-obsessive-chauvinist-stalkers, thanks.

🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 09:28:11 AM »
Something I just remembered, Garth was ready to go empty-handed once the excitement was over.  It was Heart Throb who insisted he should get the girl for his troubles.

Heart Throb, you're so clueless.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 09:33:31 AM »
Something I just remembered, Garth was ready to go empty-handed once the excitement was over.  It was Heart Throb who insisted he should get the girl for his troubles.

She's...well... Heartthrob. The most embarrassing and uncomfortable g1 pony ever! Xo  I think she used all her processing power for that day.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:33:46 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2017, 09:44:07 AM »
Oh yeah, I remember hating Garth a lot after I watched that episode. He's so lame, if it wasn't for ponies he would never get his "beloved" or do anything at all.

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 12:18:49 PM »

Well she was the only pony to fall in love with a human.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 12:42:40 PM »
Hasbro I think blew the last of their creativity on G3. G4 sets have almost no creativity or thought put into them at all. I mean the last truly creative ones were the Water Cuties, Magic Scenes and those icky bead hair ponies.

Plus its main character this and main character that. I wanna do something very mean to Hasbro involving their precious main characters and their foreheads because the whole generation in toy and show became stagnant, stale,cheap and lazy too quickly. It's only sposed to get like that towards the end.

That's why Hasbro is the most notorious MLP villain.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 12:46:45 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2017, 02:24:19 PM »
Garf is a creepy [BLEEEEEEP!].

Garf:  *tips fedora*  I'm not LIKE other elves.  *creepily strokes picture of Ariel*  My one true love, I will adore you forever!  Unless you reject my advances.  Then I'll let you fall to your death.

I hate him so much.

Also Heart Throb.  What an idiot.

The Flight to Cloud Castle introduced us to this "charming" specimen of masculinity, which quite possibly created the very first "creepy friendzoned guy" stereotype. (See here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19c480_flight-to-cloud-castle-parts-1-2-my-little-pony-n-friends-1987_shortfilms) His name might as well be Broni Friendzoni, because highlights of his behavior include:

• Assaulting a bird, and immediately harassing the ponies for a free ride before they can even introduce themselves
  • Almost immediately lets a branch hit the ponies in the face after attacking them
  • His entire Hero's Quest is to prove himself to his true love, however he makes the ponies do all the work for him
  • Sings an entire song about things he would do 'for my true love', gives up 30 seconds after the song ends
  • He blames his failure on the ponies, too, because he is the absolute worst
  • After the ponies babysit him through the final challenges leading to the princess, he informs the very-recently-awoken princess "I woke you from the spell, you're supposed to be mine now"
  • When the princess refuses to return his affections (because he's a creepy stranger who just kissed her while she was asleep), he allows the Cloud Castle to fall from the sky on the logic of "Why should I bother? I don't care anymore!" as he presumably dons his fedora
  • The ponies have to force him to save the castle from falling, otherwise he would have been totally happy to let the princess (and two other people) die
  • He continues calling the princess "My Beloved" and the episode ends on the nightmarish hint that she might fall in love with him later, thus showing the morally dubious lesson of 'don't give up, girls don't know what they want, even if you are a lazy loser who cries about the friendzone and almost kills yourself and three people due to your hurt fee fees, also treating women like property is okay now I guess?'
  • GARTH IS A MONSTER
That's a pretty bad villain, I must admit. However: I must submit another, equally evil and nefarious do-badder.

His name? GARF. (Okay it's "Garth" but Garf is funnier to match his doofy face.)

The Flight to Cloud Castle introduced us to this "charming" specimen of masculinity, which quite possibly created the very first "creepy friendzoned guy" stereotype. (See here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19c480_flight-to-cloud-castle-parts-1-2-my-little-pony-n-friends-1987_shortfilms) His name might as well be Broni Friendzoni, because highlights of his behavior include:

• Assaulting a bird, and immediately harassing the ponies for a free ride before they can even introduce themselves
  • Almost immediately lets a branch hit the ponies in the face after attacking them
  • His entire Hero's Quest is to prove himself to his true love, however he makes the ponies do all the work for him
  • Sings an entire song about things he would do 'for my true love', gives up 30 seconds after the song ends
  • He blames his failure on the ponies, too, because he is the absolute worst
  • After the ponies babysit him through the final challenges leading to the princess, he informs the very-recently-awoken princess "I woke you from the spell, you're supposed to be mine now"
  • When the princess refuses to return his affections (because he's a creepy stranger who just kissed her while she was asleep), he allows the Cloud Castle to fall from the sky on the logic of "Why should I bother? I don't care anymore!" as he presumably dons his fedora
  • The ponies have to force him to save the castle from falling, otherwise he would have been totally happy to let the princess (and two other people) die
  • He continues calling the princess "My Beloved" and the episode ends on the nightmarish hint that she might fall in love with him later, thus showing the morally dubious lesson of 'don't give up, girls don't know what they want, even if you are a lazy loser who cries about the friendzone and almost kills yourself and three people due to your hurt fee fees, also treating women like property is okay now I guess?'
  • GARTH IS A MONSTER

This is the most amazing summary and I'm glad we both made a fedora reference.  Do you mind if I use this one my pony scans Tumblr? XD
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:26:48 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

invinible

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2017, 04:59:48 PM »
Going by this logic, The Rainbow of Darkness.

It was what actually came up with the idea of blanketing the world in darkness.

It actually beat The Rainbow of Light by overwhelming it.

And than merges with The Rainbow of Light to avoid punishment and throw all the blame to Tirac, whom was a pretty big jerk at the time, when it learn that the heroes weren't ever going to give up stopping or undoing eternal unnatural communing darkness with high possibility of punishing thou whom step it all in motion.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2017, 05:03:32 PM »
I only grew up with the cartoons and other than Tirek, Crunch the Rock Dog gets my vote. As a kid I found those rocks that travel with him to be so creepy.

I never really gave Garf much thought. He just seemed to me like an emotionally immature, self-centered, spoiled brat. The G1 cartoons had quite a few of those as either villains or guest characters.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2017, 05:06:16 PM »
LOL LadyMoondancer, feel free!! XD I am glad I am not the only one who finds GARF to be heinous!! He needs his own fanclub of hate...
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2017, 09:13:11 AM »
Wow, yeah Garf is really bad...

Also I don't know if this counts since it's from the comics, but what about that Wizard (who inadvertently created TE ponies). Apparently he either dug out the eyes of the ponies so they could work in mines for years (or was it that they lost their sight after working for years?) Either way, some pretty dark stuff!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2017, 09:40:51 AM »

Also I don't know if this counts since it's from the comics, but what about that Wizard (who inadvertently created TE ponies). Apparently he either dug out the eyes of the ponies so they could work in mines for years (or was it that they lost their sight after working for years?) Either way, some pretty dark stuff!
They naturally went blind in the mines.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2017, 09:42:00 AM »

When I first heard about the jewel wizard I was surprised at how dark that story was. The jewel wizard was more than happy to immediately sentence other ponies to the same fate as the twinkle eyes if they should happen to wonder in to his cave.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2017, 11:35:06 AM »
Ponies really did used to be used in mines, and would often go blind.  So that's probably where the writers got inspiration.  They were called "pit ponies."

They basically replaced child labor with ponies in the 1800s.  Good for the children, bad for the ponies.

Incidentally, this is apparently the origin for the miniature ponies breed.  Gotta be small to fit in those mines.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal