collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The REAL Greatest Villain in all of MLP  (Read 7264 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
The REAL Greatest Villain in all of MLP
« on: July 01, 2017, 04:39:31 PM »
When the question is put forward "Who is the greatest villain in My Little Pony?" the common answers are G1 Tirac or G4 Tirek or Grogar.  However, they have nothing on the true king of MLP villainy.  No.

The greatest villain in the history of My Little Pony is the "bad man" from Ember's Dream.  Yes, the one who wants to shave off the manes of the Rainbow Ponies to make colorful wigs to sell to rich people in...New York City.  He's literally the stuff of nightmares.  As in he is literally in Ember's nightmares.

Not only that, but he gets away with it.  He does shave off their manes and makes his escape with his ill-gotten gains.  He even captures and holds Majesty - QUEEN MAJESTY.  He never gets his comeuppance.  He's out there somewhere sitting on the pile of cash he made selling his wigs.

He's the Coachman of My Little Pony.  You know, the guy who not only got to continue his business of turning boys into donkeys to sell to the highest bidder but made "BOYSSS" the most terrifying word ever.  Everyone thinks of the Evil Queen, Maleficent, or Ursula as Disney's greatest villains.  However, they all ended up dead.  Similarly, the headliners of My Little Pony are either dead or somehow capture.  Yet these two you know whats do the unspeakable and continue merrily on their way.

So yes, "bad man" is the greatest of all time.  He's still out there, waiting for the next pony to lure into his Barber Shop of DOOM!"
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: The REAL Greatest Villain in all of MLP
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 04:41:01 PM »
I was going to say Hasbro but nevermind.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 04:56:34 PM »
LOL. You know what, in every generation, there's a single saboteur. We all know him, he's right there, screwing everything up, and yet he puts on an awkward grimace and everything is forgiven... every. single. time. The Perpetrator in Ponyland, the Deviant in Dream Valley, the Evil in Equestria! The Mastermind that is Spike. Think about it... he's gotta be a mole - no-one is that hopeless, haha!!!

(For the sake of clarity, I'm totally kidding - I adore spike, and I'm sure he has no nefarious intentions!)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 04:57:55 PM »
I love this thread and every post in it XD

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 05:19:37 PM »

HAHAHAHAHA
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 11:14:48 PM »
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 11:54:07 PM »
LOL!! You beat me to it!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 01:25:06 AM »
LOL!! You beat me to it!

Agreed!

There is also the wizard who steals Glory's horn. He is quite unpleasant. Or the slaver who has the twinkle eyed ponies trapped in the mine working...

In a pony sense it is almost certainly Baby Lucky ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 02:18:11 AM »
was embers dream in the series or was it a audio story ?

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 05:32:34 AM »
That's a pretty bad villain, I must admit. However: I must submit another, equally evil and nefarious do-badder.

His name? GARF. (Okay it's "Garth" but Garf is funnier to match his doofy face.)

The Flight to Cloud Castle introduced us to this "charming" specimen of masculinity, which quite possibly created the very first "creepy friendzoned guy" stereotype. (See here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19c480_flight-to-cloud-castle-parts-1-2-my-little-pony-n-friends-1987_shortfilms) His name might as well be Broni Friendzoni, because highlights of his behavior include:

• Assaulting a bird, and immediately harassing the ponies for a free ride before they can even introduce themselves
  • Almost immediately lets a branch hit the ponies in the face after attacking them
  • His entire Hero's Quest is to prove himself to his true love, however he makes the ponies do all the work for him
  • Sings an entire song about things he would do 'for my true love', gives up 30 seconds after the song ends
  • He blames his failure on the ponies, too, because he is the absolute worst
  • After the ponies babysit him through the final challenges leading to the princess, he informs the very-recently-awoken princess "I woke you from the spell, you're supposed to be mine now"
  • When the princess refuses to return his affections (because he's a creepy stranger who just kissed her while she was asleep), he allows the Cloud Castle to fall from the sky on the logic of "Why should I bother? I don't care anymore!" as he presumably dons his fedora
  • The ponies have to force him to save the castle from falling, otherwise he would have been totally happy to let the princess (and two other people) die
  • He continues calling the princess "My Beloved" and the episode ends on the nightmarish hint that she might fall in love with him later, thus showing the morally dubious lesson of 'don't give up, girls don't know what they want, even if you are a lazy loser who cries about the friendzone and almost kills yourself and three people due to your hurt fee fees, also treating women like property is okay now I guess?'
  • GARTH IS A MONSTER
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 06:15:47 AM »
I like to believe she kicked him in a place most unfortunate off- screen. Lmao at Broni Friendzoni!!! :haha:

Fantastic choice Snapdragon.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 06:18:13 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 06:45:12 AM »
I have to imagine once the ponies were out of earshot she got him nose to nose and said, "I admire your dedication and all, but you're going to learn some manners if you want to get past holding my hand.  Got it?"

Though, the real monster of that episode is Aerial's father for setting all this up in the first place.  Turning two men into beasts (even if it was an improvement), putting his own daughter to sleep, and creating a castle to package this flying freak show that tried to kill Garth and the ponies.  I think Garth was just exploding in anger at that point and probably didn't mean half of what he said, what her father did was premeditated.

It's too bad Garth threw his little tantrum, because it brought down a really fascinating episode.  The feel of most of the action taking place in the air was unlike anything in the rest of the series.  Also I did love him and Aerial arguing about him not parking the castle first.  Best dialogue of the whole series.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 06:57:38 AM »
Ooof, yeah, Garth was painful to watch. I feel like the writers were trying to go for a "slap slap kiss" sort of thing with him and Ariel and failed somewhere down the line x_x; I still wonder if there was meant to be a song in the second part of "Cloud Castle" that got cut for time or whatever.. the ending does feel a bit abrupt. 'Course, I suppose even a song wouldn't have redeemed Garth, but who knows.. that ep isn't my least favourite of the series, I do like it, but it is a bit awkward to watch in places :x.

I did like how that ep just ends vaguely, though, instead of having Garth and Ariel definitely hook up. I thought that was nice.

I have to imagine once the ponies were out of earshot she got him nose to nose and said, "I admire your dedication and all, but you're going to learn some manners if you want to get past holding my hand.  Got it?"

I like this :biggrin:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 07:08:00 AM »
I'm not as familiar with the Ember's Dream story as I am with some of the other ones. How was Bad Man able to capture Majesty and force her to invite the rainbow ponies to Dream Castle for the "party" so he could cut their rainbow hair? I know this is a US story but given how powerful Majesty is in the UK comics he either had to be very clever or Majesty allowed him to think he had her under his control to teach the rainbow ponies a lesson. Doesn't the story say the rainbow ponies were vain? I know Moonstone was pretty mean to Ember.

I've always wondered why Glory went with the wizard so willingly after he asked if she could tell the difference between good wizards and bad ones. The fact that he didn't tell her what kind he was should have alarmed her more.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 07:43:12 AM »
Isn't it nice to have real villains who don't have to be made into friends in the end? Though it has been a really long time since I saw Cloud Castle and I had forgotten Garth. Beautiful eighties sexism...reminds me of the time in Jem when Rio stole a bike, chased and climbed aboard a runaway train in order to tell five grown women to pull the emergency cord that they had already used once earlier in the cartoon.

UK ponyland has much more magic anyway, Glory ends up in that place after wishing to leave the  'real world' that lacked magic...aka ponyland... the world she ended up in was much more like UK ponyland.

The irony that Glory wanted to come to UK ponyland but bad Hasbro never let her;) Back to Hasbro as the villain again...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 07:47:25 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal