collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What manga are you reading?  (Read 90660 times)

Offline LivioKelem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What manga are you reading?
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2020, 04:37:05 AM »
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan: Hokkaidou Hen! Few days ago I found sequel of original Watsuki Nobuhiro's story! So much happines!
 :frolic:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 16, 2020, 10:40:21 AM »
I’m catching up on Yona. :D 

I was very surprised to see manga on sale at Walmart. :shock: They weren’t many titles or series but it was interesting to see.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #302 on: June 17, 2020, 01:45:01 AM »
I was going to order the most recent volumes of Daiya and Yona yesterday from Amazonjp but 32 of Yona is out of stock -.- so I'm gonna have to wait till I can do all of them together. I'm hopeful that Act II vol 22 of Daiya might come out in the meantime. I know where Daiya is in the manga better than Yona right now, since I haven't been keeping up to date with Yona's latest developments for a while (they come out more slowly). But I don't really want to read translated scanlates of Daiya online either, because I've seen them and they're quite horrible in places...

I need to get back to reading the youtube raws when they come out. They're only there briefly but I figure it's ok to read them since I'm going to buy the volume when it's released anyway :P The only volume I'm not buying is 20 because the whole volume is a game between Yakushi and Ichidai and frankly I don't care xD.

Yay for Walmart Manga sales!

A while ago I also heard there was finally at least one chapter more of Saiyuuki RB, but since that moves slower than a glacier (they've been travelling across China to India since 1996, for goodness' sake) I'm not surprised to see there isn't yet a fourth volume of RB. (For anyone who cares, the Saiyuuki anime is awesome except for some of the fillery bits, but the manga is better because it makes more sense in terms of its order and doesn't butcher the best arc, Even a Worm.)

I am also debating whether to get the final volumes of OreBoku since I have most of it, but the problem is although I've read a lot of it, I always lose interest after Hotsuma's arc ends in the anime :/

And not quite manga, but I do sometimes look at the Fushigi Yuugi Gaiden on my shelf...

I have been translating one of the short stories for people on tumblr, because I basically use tumblr to dump translated anime and manga related stuffs on these days, and it got me thinking about rereading some of the Gaiden novels.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 01:49:51 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2020, 04:47:07 PM »
I bought vol 5 of Komi Can’t Communicate today. :)

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 10, 2020, 07:49:24 AM »
I had a rant prepared about the local bookstore not keeping up with the newest manga releases lately but I checked the store's website this morning and it looks like they are starting to catch back up :D

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 13, 2020, 11:30:12 AM »
I picked up Takane and Hana vol 15 today.  I need to read several of the previous volumes before I am ready for 15 but I picked it up anyway so I will have it when I get ready to read it.  Volume 16 will be released in Jan next year and I think it might be the final volume.

I am going to try to wait until Yona 25 is released before I buy more manga. :)

Viz Media has been announcing several titles that they will be releasing later this year including Mermaid Saga and Fly Me to the Moon.

Ponyfan

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 13, 2020, 03:54:45 PM »
i have the monthly serials of Mermaid's Tale from wayyyyyyyy back in the day
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 27, 2020, 07:14:39 PM »
Here's a pic of the manga one of the local Walmart stores has for sale.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 04, 2020, 06:55:20 AM »
The latest volume of Yona comes out today in the US.   :cheer:  It looks like my local bookstore doesn't have it in stock yet though.  I'm hoping they will get it in a couple of days.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 06, 2020, 10:14:08 AM »
I'm still waiting on the bookstore to get the new Yona book in stock.  I checked the bookstore today to see if the online inventory was wrong but the new Yona book wasn't there. 

I got excited when I heard that Viz was releasing Fushigi Yuugi because I thought it was the main series but it's a prequel called Byakko Senki.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 06, 2020, 12:04:46 PM »
I'm still waiting on the bookstore to get the new Yona book in stock.  I checked the bookstore today to see if the online inventory was wrong but the new Yona book wasn't there. 

I got excited when I heard that Viz was releasing Fushigi Yuugi because I thought it was the main series but it's a prequel called Byakko Senki.

Ponyfan

Ooh, she finally wrote Byakko?

I've wondered if she ever would. Although the problem is that if you've seen/read FY you know how both the Byakko and Genbu stories end before you begin reading them. Genbu's is quite horrible and Byakko's is just sad...so...I don't know if I will read them or not.

Although that basically buries my fanfic from 12 years ago in the dust xD LOL

FY (the main run) was published in English. I have the English volumes somewhere, because I started learning Japanese because of FY. But I don't remember who published them and I don't know if they're still in print. The anime is on CR, though, and if there's going to be a Byakko story they may well reprint the original series. With Furuba doing so well it would make sense as they're of similar vintage.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 08, 2020, 09:58:49 AM »

Ponyfan

Ooh, she finally wrote Byakko?

I've wondered if she ever would. Although the problem is that if you've seen/read FY you know how both the Byakko and Genbu stories end before you begin reading them. Genbu's is quite horrible and Byakko's is just sad...so...I don't know if I will read them or not.

Although that basically buries my fanfic from 12 years ago in the dust xD LOL

FY (the main run) was published in English. I have the English volumes somewhere, because I started learning Japanese because of FY. But I don't remember who published them and I don't know if they're still in print. The anime is on CR, though, and if there's going to be a Byakko story they may well reprint the original series. With Furuba doing so well it would make sense as they're of similar vintage.

From the comments I saw on Byakko I’m figuring there can only be one person from the outside transported in to the book at one time and that means that something bad must have to the others that were brought in to the book before.

I think the  main FY series is out of print.  I found one volume at a used bookstore but I don’t remember what volume it is.  I hope they will reprint the series though. I’m getting really intrigued by FY. :D

I got Yona 25 today. :cheer:  Hopefully I’ll have a chance to read it soon.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 08, 2020, 10:07:27 AM »
Without spoilering it...erm...it's a bit more complicated.

But the Genbu and Byakko priestesses knew each other...in the book world they were about 100 years apart but in the real world it was a matter of a few years I think. But the Byakko priestess is a very old lady at the time the main storyline begins with Miaka and company.

That's all I'll say but...yeah.

So.

Yay for more Yona! Still haven't read 31 and 32...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 18, 2020, 11:16:38 AM »
All the manga I've put into the Little Library Box has finally returned some goodwill :)

I found Onegai Teacher vol.1 today!  it's been a long time since I saw the anime but I think I remember the comedy premise of this one...

oh and happy  21,300th post for me.   :accomplished:
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 18, 2020, 12:28:14 PM »
All the manga I've put into the Little Library Box has finally returned some goodwill :)

I found Onegai Teacher vol.1 today!  it's been a long time since I saw the anime but I think I remember the comedy premise of this one...

oh and happy  21,300th post for me.   :accomplished:

Yay for it being volume 1!
Nothing worse than there being one random manga volume and it's something like vol 27...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal