collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What manga are you reading?  (Read 91896 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What manga are you reading?
« Reply #195 on: June 10, 2019, 12:34:38 PM »
I think it’s great that the charity shop bundled the volumes today. I get annoyed when I’m wanting to start a new series and all of the volumes are there except volume 1.

I found a new/used bookstore here that sells manga but the last time I went there I wasn’t impressed with the quality of the used books. I don’t expect used books to be absolutely perfect but I don’t want stained/damaged books either.

I seem to have run out of shelf space for my manga so I will have to find a place to put new books until I get more shelf space. 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2019, 10:07:15 AM »
I finished Fruits basket. :)  Overall I really enjoyed it and I will be reading it again sometime in the future. I still have the extra stories to read but found myself a little confused about the events in the last 2 books

Spoiler
During Tohru's confrontation with Akito  after Akito stabbed Tohru did the cliff just fall away from Tohru's feet? Or was there a lightning strike?  Also is what breaks the curse loving someone completely including their faults and being loved in return even if it's not romantically? 

I also bought the next 3 volumes of Yona of the Dawn. I hold Taffeta responsible for introducing me to Yona.   :P :D

I also got a really nice Fruits Basket poster advertising the new anime when I bought the Yona manga books. :)

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 10:13:15 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2019, 10:16:18 AM »
I finished Fruits basket. :)  Overall I really enjoyed it and I will be reading it again sometime in the future. I still have the extra stories to read but found myself a little confused about the events in the last 2 books

Spoiler
During Tohru's confrontation with Akito  after Akito stabbed Tohru did the cliff just fall away from Tohru's feet? Or was there a lightning strike?  Also is what breaks the curse loving someone completely including their faults and being loved in return even if it's not romantically? 

I also bought the next 3 volumes of Yona of the Dawn. I hold Taffeta responsible for introducing me to Yona.   :P :D

I also got a really nice Fruits Basket poster advertising the new anime when I bought the Yona manga books. :)

Ponyfan

But Yona is good O.O

It's been too long since I read the end of Furuba and I think I read it in French so I am not totally sure how to answer that question...someone else maybe can xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2019, 10:21:06 AM »

Spoiler

Ponyfan

But Yona is good O.O

It's been too long since I read the end of Furuba and I think I read it in French so I am not totally sure how to answer that question...someone else maybe can xD.

Yona is good. :) I don’t think I would have discovered it if you hadn’t posted that clip in the other thread. :D

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2019, 10:43:39 AM »

Spoiler

Ponyfan

But Yona is good O.O

Yona is good. :) I don’t think I would have discovered it if you hadn’t posted that clip in the other thread. :D

Ponyfan

My only response to that has to be this then :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2mlfNs829w
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2019, 12:53:57 PM »

Spoiler

Ponyfan

But Yona is good O.O

Ponyfan

My only response to that has to be this then :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2mlfNs829w

:D  :lol: :biggrin:

I'm thinking about starting Takane & Hana soon. 

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2019, 05:59:29 PM »
Finally buckled and am reading DnA AII because I'm fed up with waiting for the anime eps to come out each week.

Unfortunately now I've read a bunch of stuff that is going to be hilarious animated with the seiyuu voicing the lines, and I am going to have to wait for those anyway.

Oh well.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 05, 2019, 09:54:19 AM »
Barnes and Noble is having a Buy 2 get the 3rd book  free on all Viz titles.  I picked up 3 more volumes of Yona of the Dawn. :)

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 17, 2019, 02:39:24 PM »
Is anyone reading Komi Can't Communicate? I'm still reading Yona but am also looking for a new series to start and Komi looks interesting.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 17, 2019, 02:52:41 PM »
Not familiar with that one o.O.

I have finally caught up with Yona completely to where it is thus far

Spoiler
Ponyfan seriously don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled!

Spoiler

Increasingly confused now by Keishuk's motivation compared with how he's come across so far. Having Zeno and Jaeha shot down from the sky was not a nice thing to do either, but his reaction to Hak was interesting and I am wondering now how much it's a case that his and Suwon's ideas align rather than a joint conspiracy. The assassination of Il is getting even more blurry under all these political layers as well...

Also that creepy priest Gobi came back o.O.

Zeno trying to persuade Sinha to pretend to fight him was hilarious, as was Sinha's insistance that he dun wanna xD

This remains one of the most cleverly written manga series I've read, considering it's going into 30 or so volumes, and could easily have jumped into cliche territory, it hasn't really. It doesn't let up on the plot, the humour, or the character development stuff at any point and it has a great balance between them.

I have so much respect for this mangaka, seriously. I really really hope they do eventually get to making season 2 of anime :/ as we need more animated Zeno.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 17, 2019, 06:53:01 PM »
I haven't had time to read anything..

but I'm super excited. My dad is building me a shelf that tucks in the corner part of my closet. It should fit all of my manga.

If I haven't said in the past, I'm so happy that Urusei Yatsura is coming out again. <3 And now I have all of KOR. I've waited practically all my life for this, I feel...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2019, 03:43:17 PM »
LUM is returning?  AUUUUUUGH *runs around like crazy*

I have more Vampire Princess Miyu on the way.  Also was able to buy like 7 volumes of Oh My Goddess at the thrift store the other day....
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2019, 05:29:13 AM »
LUM is returning?  AUUUUUUGH *runs around like crazy*

yes, yes, yes. I'm glad someone else is excited about it too! :D

I'm crossing my fingers that the whole thing will get released this round. They are up to vol 2 (2 old books in 1 vol).

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2019, 05:33:44 AM »

but I'm super excited. My dad is building me a shelf that tucks in the corner part of my closet. It should fit all of my manga.

If I haven't said in the past, I'm so happy that Urusei Yatsura is coming out again. <3 And now I have all of KOR. I've waited practically all my life for this, I feel...

I may be wrong but isn't Urusai Yatsura pretty old? Is it a kind of anniversary reissue or a continuation or...?

It's Takahashi Rumiko, right?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 19, 2019, 06:07:45 AM »

I may be wrong but isn't Urusai Yatsura pretty old? Is it a kind of anniversary reissue or a continuation or...?

It's Takahashi Rumiko, right?

INDEED!  I love her stuff , it introduced me to japanese culture and anime as a whole, not just thinking of it as cartoons for kids.
I have a ton of fan subbed UY VHS tapes somewhere.... I think it's in my deep chest freezer where we store VHS (dark and not plugged in)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal