Pony Talk > Off Topic

What manga are you reading?

<< < (83/136) > >>

Ponyfan:
Yona

SpoilerI don't think Suwon wants them dead either.  He had quite a few chances to get rid of both of them

I wonder sometimes if the story might have gone differently if Keishuk hadn't walked in on Yona and Suwon after Suwon killed Il and realized that Yona had seen everything. 

I picked up Yona 33 today along with Takane and Hana 18 (the last volume in that series) and Haikyuu 1 and 2.  :) I'm only buying the first 2 volumes of Haikyuu for now until I watch the anime or read 1 and 2 to see if I want to continue the series.

Ponyfan

Taffeta:
I sneak peeked at the latest chapter of Daiya today. This game is going to go on a while. It's still only the 4th inning.

@Ponyfan I've read up to a point in Yona 33. The rest is on my to do list. When you read them you'll realise what that point is and why I stopped there.

I really dislike the first episode of Haikyuu. I actually gave up on watching it a couple of times because of that, but there are a lot of Haikyuu fans in the Daiya fanbase and they said it gets better as it goes on. I liked it from ep 2. So yeah, I don't know if manga vol 1 is much better than ep 1, but even if you're not sure, don't let the start put you off. It's a lot less heart destroying than Daiya but it's a good sports series with some decent characters imo.

That said I still need to finish the anime as far as it currently is.

Chihayafuru is another one you might want to check out, albeit it might eat your soul. Again, I've watched and not read, but there's a scene in Daiya where Eijun is reading Chihayafuru xD. And a drama where Jun has it in his bag as well :)

Ponyfan:

--- Quote from: Taffeta on December 07, 2021, 04:00:04 PM ---I sneak peeked at the latest chapter of Daiya today. This game is going to go on a while. It's still only the 4th inning.

@Ponyfan I've read up to a point in Yona 33. The rest is on my to do list. When you read them you'll realise what that point is and why I stopped there.

I really dislike the first episode of Haikyuu. I actually gave up on watching it a couple of times because of that, but there are a lot of Haikyuu fans in the Daiya fanbase and they said it gets better as it goes on. I liked it from ep 2. So yeah, I don't know if manga vol 1 is much better than ep 1, but even if you're not sure, don't let the start put you off. It's a lot less heart destroying than Daiya but it's a good sports series with some decent characters imo.

That said I still need to finish the anime as far as it currently is.

Chihayafuru is another one you might want to check out, albeit it might eat your soul. Again, I've watched and not read, but there's a scene in Daiya where Eijun is reading Chihayafuru xD. And a drama where Jun has it in his bag as well :)

--- End quote ---

Daiya:

Wow. I thought the game would be over by now.  That explains why one of the fanfic writers that I follow hasn't posted in a while. Their last update basically said "see you after the final."

Yona:

I won't ask you for details but now I'm a little nervous to read 33.

Even if I don't like the Haikyuu manga I'll probably still give the anime a try.  I see the characters from that come up a lot in Daiya fanfictions. 

I bought A Silent Voice 6 and 7, A Man and His Cat 4 and Komi Can't Communicate 16 today.  I'm hoping to have some time soon to sit down and read manga. 

I looked for Chihayafuru at the bookstore today but didn't see it.

Ponyfan

Taffeta:
I'll put you at your ease a little on Yona 33, I stopped because it's the start of a flashback and I want to read it all together. :) Although I got distracted by Christmas, my audiobook and some other stuff so haven't yet.

I think one reason Haikyuu characters flit into Daiya is because of the name Sawamura. The Karasuno team Captain is Sawamura Daichi, and of course people like to write him as related to Eijun...or something like that?

Ponyfan:
That makes me feel better about 33. :)  I was worried that you might have stopped reading there because something terrible happened to the characters. 

I've seen a lot of fanfics where Eijun and Daichi are cousins.  Although there is one that I'm currently reading where the two of them meet but aren't related and everyone on Daichi's team keeps asking "Are you sure you two aren't cousins or something?"  :lol:

Ponyfan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version