collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What manga are you reading?  (Read 90674 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: What manga are you reading?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2017, 07:22:48 PM »

The bookstore finally got Honey So Sweet volume 2 in so I bought volume 1 and 2 today.

Ponyfan

Ponyfan
Awesome! I hope you liked it :) I feel like it strikes a good balance between sweet and realistic, and the artwork is lovely.

I did. :) I will definitely be picking up more volumes of Honey So Sweet.
I'm so glad you liked it!

Im reading Detective Conan these days . . .
I've never read the Detective Conan manga, but my sister has; I have watched pretty much every Detective Conan anime episode Westerners can get their hands on. It's my sister's favorite series and so we often get her foreign DVDs of the series as gifts. There are so crazy many!  Close to 800 episodes at this point, I think. I want Conan to finally get big again and end up with Ran and to finally find out who the Black Org boss is! It's been, like, 20 years, lol . . .

Lol I tend to ask myself WHY am I still reading / watching this as every episode / story comes out the same or pretty much like the 799 we watched before... but then its still kinda funny how the mysterys get solved, so I still read and watch it :P
Yes! I do like the normal episodes/chapters but I enjoy it most when the main story is moving forward or when Kaitou Kid is featured. :biggrin:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2017, 09:19:04 AM »
Aw, man, Gravitation! That was one of two 'starter' yaoi titles that most people in my time got in on. The other was Sanami Matoh's FAKE, the one I got into XD I tried Gravitation, got the first two volumes but I honestly couldn't get into it because of the characters.

Junjou Romantica is a classic I simply haven't read, I probably should. I love World's Greatest First Love by the same manga-ka, weirdly

EDIT: Sorry Taffeta, didn't realise you were also talking about that title  ^^; I really got into that title since, well, I sympathised with the tight deadlines parts and nods towards manga publishing as at the time I was working in a comic shop soliciting online titles for the company website. I am waiting on Vol.7 but manga titles are suddenly having weird releases in the UK, it's damn annoying

xD It's my bad for using the Japanese name, probably. For some reason I've never read the Junjou manga. I watched the anime, but I've only read the Sekaiichi manga. I love the anime for both though I think the start of Junjou kind of waves a big flag in your face THIS IS YAOI! The problem with Sekaiichi is that half of it is in manga and half of it is in novel form as far as I can tell. Manga is just Ritsu and Shouta's stories and the others- Chiaki and Yokozawa's stories are novels. I've got some of the latter but none of Chiaki and Hattori's storyline :/

I didn't realise there was an issue with the translated volumes coming out. I can't remember if the last one I read was 10 or 11...? Which means there is still a bunch to come out in English and no excuse for no translations O.o.

I like Sekaiichi better except that I adore Hiroki in Junjou Egoist and his book-throwing wall-headbutting general incompetence at anything that isn't academia.

I'm terrible, I just go with the manga version, I barely watch any anime ... eventhough I probably should, considering how YOI is taking over the world >_> I've seen Ai No Kusabi and Loveless' anime versions, but not much else. SuBLime keep getting questions about translating and releasing it but it's been a no for a while ... actually, the Twitter has been real snippy lately, rather worried about them. Jennifer that comments on the boards on the site is always nice, don't know if it's someone else on the Twitter but the replies come across as snarky and bad-mooded <_>

I don't know about translations, for me it's more Previews release date vs. when it actually arrives in the UK to my local comic shop. I usually purchase from Wordery when the price goes down enough, but they have a bad habit of listing titles with 6-12 days before dispatch, when I know they probably don't have it in stock. (Compared to if they say dispatch is between 3-5 days, better chance it's in stock to-hand). Most of the time, the Previews release date is about the same for the UK as US, but lately it comes in a week or two later and it's annoying  :mad:

Still waiting for Awkward Silence Vol.6 ... I love my sugary boys so much ;^; Curious when the next Crimson Spell is coming out, I'm going to get my friend hooked on that one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 01:49:02 PM »
Speaking of SuBlime, I just finished the last volume of Love Stage (number 7). I am sad it's over. I loved the anime and the manga. 

I need to finish Midnight Secretary (start volume 6) and start Everyone is Getting Married.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2017, 08:17:25 AM »
Finished what I had concerning Resident Evil Mangas...
Now what to read? Anybody with an advise on what horror / zombie stuff I should try next?

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2017, 01:06:08 PM »
The last one I've read were the latest chapters of Golden Kamuy. Really good so far!
I guess I also try to keep up with the latest Berserk chapters.

There's actually so much more other titles I plan to read or continue but I either keep forgetting or I am too lazy to start or resume, or I just don't have the time!  :freak:

Finished what I had concerning Resident Evil Mangas...
Now what to read? Anybody with an advise on what horror / zombie stuff I should try next?
^It's not zombie related or similar to RE but Fuan no Tane is a really good horror manga.

And I've only reached the 1st few chapters(where nothing has happened yet) so I don't have an opinion on it yet, but I've heard good reviews on I Am A Hero, which apparently, will have zombies in it.

There's also School Live! which is a zombie survival manga I actually have read til the later chapters, but while it had a few interesting bits, I honestly found it pretty boring overall and I don't care for the art style so I don't plan to continue catching up with the series. That's just my personal opinion though. If you like zombie survival stories you can still check it out you might still enjoy it (unlike me).

Oh yeah I forgot, there's also Devilman. No zombies but it does have the apocalyptic themes and is a horror classic.

Parasyte is another horror classic I recommend.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 01:19:59 PM by mlly »

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2017, 01:01:00 PM »
Finally got another volume of Honey So Sweet. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Rainshower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2017, 02:18:24 PM »
I was rereading D gray-man, but I have stopped reading at the moment due to having to tracking down missing volumes. Once I track down the missing volumes I will continue reading it. I am also working my way through The Full Metal Alchemist manga. 

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2017, 05:55:39 PM »
How does everyone storing their manga? At the moment I keep mine in special DVD storage boxes for the most precious ones, and large DVD moving storage boxes for all the rest. They're nice and snug inside, even holds the over-large Juné volumes! But once I finally get a bookcase for my manga ... I had the DVD tower from IKEA but I found it a) too tall! I'm only 5'2! and b) the chambers far too narrow. Manga were either packed a slight too loose or REALLY tightly which had me worried about damaging edges taking them in/out.

I am trying to find a bookcase that has glass doors so I can admire the collection (I know, I'm weird over a bunch of £6-£10 books -_-) and keep out dust, but doesn't have huge gaps at the top and front, and doesn't have pegs holding the shelf in place that could press into the back/front of bookending manga.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2017, 11:36:02 PM »
I cheat and read the free, badly translated ones online  :lookround:

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Storybelle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2017, 03:03:15 PM »
Storybelle's top five manga!

1. Sailor Moon. I read this series literally every day. There are very few days where I don't pick up a volume to read a few pages of it.

2.Sakura Hime Kaden

3. Fruits Basket

4. High School of the Dead

5. Vampire Knight.

Right now though, I'm reading another Arina Tanemura series Idol Dreams. I'm not reading much ongoing manga series rn, to be honest. I buy random volumes at comic con and then don't like them enough to pick up the second.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2017, 06:48:20 PM »

Ponyfan
Yay! Which one are you on now? I'm trying to pace myself, but I think I'm going to buy the last volume soon.

How does everyone storing their manga? At the moment I keep mine in special DVD storage boxes for the most precious ones, and large DVD moving storage boxes for all the rest. They're nice and snug inside, even holds the over-large Juné volumes! But once I finally get a bookcase for my manga ... I had the DVD tower from IKEA but I found it a) too tall! I'm only 5'2! and b) the chambers far too narrow. Manga were either packed a slight too loose or REALLY tightly which had me worried about damaging edges taking them in/out.

I am trying to find a bookcase that has glass doors so I can admire the collection (I know, I'm weird over a bunch of £6-£10 books -_-) and keep out dust, but doesn't have huge gaps at the top and front, and doesn't have pegs holding the shelf in place that could press into the back/front of bookending manga.

I just have mine on a cheap white bookcase. It's about five 1/2 feet tall and three feet wide, and the way I have the shelves arranged they fit pretty nicely. I love lining up my manga in order and looking at them, ha ha. It's a very satisfying feeling. Missing a volume in the middle triggers me a little, though. :lol:

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2017, 12:31:08 PM »

Ponyfan
Yay! Which one are you on now? I'm trying to pace myself, but I think I'm going to buy the last volume soon.

I'm on Volume 3. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2017, 12:49:34 PM »

Mine are inside A5 document containers, in my bookcase, so the pages don't spread and warp. I just bought some more yesterday. Daiso used to have them, but they stopped selling them, so now I get them from a cheap shop down at the Gold Coast that I only get near about once a year or so. Almost double the price, but they're better than putting them in the A4 ones and having them stick out from the shelves and only half the spines on display.

Right now I'm not reading any manga regularly, but I have been looking for something new to start, so stalking this thread for popular stuff.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2017, 06:46:31 PM »
Lady Frostbite, I have mine on huge bookshelves and spread throughout various places of my room. My collection needs organized.

I have two series I am gonna start soon. Kiss Him Not Me, and Fluffy Cinnamaroll (I love cute, children's manga).

I am reading Everybody's Getting Married and this one is not really clicking with me.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2017, 01:48:30 PM »
Interesting, I'll have to keep looking ...

So, it's come to my attention that Juné Manga is moving to direct-selling only. I am SO angry at this! I don't import manga as I can't afford it, and usually I can get them from UK sellers. But with this? I might just have to drop all Juné titles! They said they're looking into making it cheaper for international customers, I'll believe it when I see it. Plus, we in the UK have customs to deal with if we order too much (my last Juné order cost me £20 in fees for one box set!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal