collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2023 Five Nights At Freddys Movie Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
2023 Five Nights At Freddys Movie Thread (Spoilers)
« on: October 28, 2023, 04:05:38 PM »
2023 FNAF Movie Review:

I really loved the movie overall. The lighting is amazing. The detail is perfect and on point. I had the moments of the jump scare expecting, and then it happens right before I expected a jump scare. Some scenes were pretty anticipating. The music was perfect for each scene. The storyline added exactly to how the first game was made. Scott Cawthon never fails to impress his fans. I plan to buy the dvd of it when it gets released.

Has anyone else seen it? Let me know your thoughts!
Rainlove
The
Pegasus
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 Five Nights At Freddys Movie Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 09:53:31 AM »
I've seen it. I was iffy on some of the plot points, but there were plenty of things for fans of the series. The animatronics looked and moved great. The set looked great. The security guards are generally just a blank slate, so they can give them any type of personality they want. That's all I can say without spoiling things.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 09:55:24 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 Five Nights At Freddys Movie Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 02:44:08 PM »
I finally watched it. As a FNAF fan, it was interesting to see what was included and what could be nods to the overall franchise. I'll keep this as spoiler-free as possible:

- I thought Josh was REALLY good in his role, taking that haunted yet slightly numb personal super well. It REALLY shines in certain portions going through the Bad Thing That Happened.

- It does a good build up and I thought the portions in the woodland were REALLY well done. One small actor stood out.

- I was surprised a certain animatronic didn't show up?? Despite having a representative in the woods??
EDIT: Apparently they did, TVTropes mentioned that it was them in a specific scene, but the difference between then and the character they are modelled after isn't obvious at first glance.

- Matpats cameo was fine until his 'theory' line and then I GROANED so damn loud

- I didn't hear the Torador March not even once?

- Unless I missed it, I'm sad there's no Scott cameo or voice clip. I did like lines being sneaked into the script, though.

- The gore was surprisingly light, apart from one scene, I was stunned considering the rating on the film. Even a particular event that is very gory in the original game (limited by the graphics used) wasn't as horrifying as it could have been.

- The cop (is she named in the trailer? I'll not say her name just in case) was easily VERY annoying and really a plot mule most of the time. The buildup for Mike's Big Terrible Event memories was FANTASTICALLY DONE, and then it just dumps it into that talk by the river and I really wanted Mike to shove her into the water or something.

- I am very disappointed by her ending. Don't save her, just leave her there!

- The young child actor for Abby is ... offt. Sorry kid, you're not good, and you REALLY take away from the slow, arty horror we were building here.

- The aunt is TV movie levels of horrible.

- It feels like there was portions of a really well made horror piece and a TV movie stitched together here. I wonder if they were going along swimmingly with the horror aspects and then forced themselves to hit the brakes knowing children were going to see this. Scott never designed FNAF originally for kids or to be kid friendly, it just accidentally found an enormous kid fanbase as an introduction to horror games and Scott is aware of that. Hence I think he has been careful to make sure that it's stated the missing children were absolutely murdered and nothing *worse* happened.

- I got the hint something worse DID happen to the cop, but that's based on the very vague 'messed you up' line. Seriously she's awful and her acting looks so much worse compared to Josh, it's a bad idea to have them act together as Josh blows her out of the water.

Overall, still glad I saw it, absolutely not a trainwreck and there are scenes that are genuinely REALLY good. Just missed the mark on a few places.

EDIT: I watched the Cinemasins episode on this since I've now seen it. I was getting VERY annoyed at Cinemasins' points ... they picked up on a couple of things I noticed in my livechat with my friend, but a couple of points REALLY irritated me because it's either explained in the movie itself, OR it's a very clear reference to the game. And they misgender Bonnie as female. The great thing is the comments are lambasting them for either getting things wrong or pointing out their flawed logic, to the point there's a pinned comment assuring people they're now aware Bonnie is male. I normally like Cinemasins but it's like a bad comedian doing a bad take on something they don't know a thing about compared to a knowing audience. I also find it weird there were things I thought were Cinemasins fodder they just outright refused to address.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 04:54:37 PM by Lady Frostbite »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal