collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Happy news!  (Read 984 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Happy news!
« on: June 29, 2017, 08:53:38 AM »
As some of you may know, I started a new job as an office assistant this week. I'm also an introduction into information technology tutor at the local community college, so I'm still working that job as well. It puts me a bit above 40 hours a week of working, but that's okay! I still get weekends off, there are no evening/night hours at either place, and I'll have most holidays off at both places.  :P

Not only that, but I have my own desk at the new job! I've never had my own space at work before, so it feels awesome. I'm definitely going to deck the space out with ponies and Pokemon because OF COURSE! Oh, and the person I share an office with is someone I graduated high school with almost 10 years ago! Yesterday was my first full day of work there and time went by so quickly because I had him to talk to about all sorts of things. We have a ton in common, so that definitely helped.

This extra income is going to go towards paying off my student loans (I'm soooo close to being done with that) and starting on a few projects around the house. My husband can finally breathe a sigh of relief because I'll be able to help with some expenses now. :)

I finally feel content with everything that's going on in my life. Looking for a new job had me really feeling down.

So...

Anyone else have some awesome news to share, or just something that made you happy recently? I wanna know!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tiny_Bubbles

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Safety lights are for dudes.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy news!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 09:04:20 AM »
That is great - I am so happy for you!

A small thing that made me happy:  Yesterday, my workplace put in a standing desk attachment for me. I already love it! SO much more comfortable.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:08:20 AM »
That's wonderful!  Im glad things are working out :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 04:57:44 AM »
That is great - I am so happy for you!

A small thing that made me happy:  Yesterday, my workplace put in a standing desk attachment for me. I already love it! SO much more comfortable.

That's awesome!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 07:15:47 AM »
That is really awesome^^ Hope things keep going so well there.

As for me, my husband and I definitely have our big awesome new house and will be moving in it soon after we were able to work something out with the seller after the appraisal came out lower than expected.  So we're getting the house for lower than the accepted offer price too^^

I also got praised at work by two managers yesterday. I transferred to this job when we moved within the same company, so yesterday I felt like this location finally realizes what the location I left is missing now because I had a great reputation as an awesome worker there and people there miss me for that as well as because they miss me for myself of course.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:18:32 AM by Koudoawaia »

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 07:21:19 AM »
One of my managers told me she loves when I close the store with her because I'm always friendly and smiling for the customers (which apparently makes her smile too) and I'm on top of everything so she doesn't have to worry.  :lol: She also brought it frosted brownies for all of us. It's always really nice to feel appreciated.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 08:59:03 AM »
Great news! I definitely support a ponified desk space :D

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile