collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony stuff that bums me out  (Read 3743 times)

Offline MoonstoneFluff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • I <3 Ponies!
    • View Profile
Pony stuff that bums me out
« on: June 27, 2017, 07:52:19 AM »
Lately I have two issues that are bumming me out...

The first is that I can't find a BABW workshop Cadence for a reasonable price.  She's the only one I missed and she's the only one they haven't re-released.  I can't can't afford/justify spending around a hundred dollars for one plush.  Shining Armor looks so lonely on his own.  I keep hoping they'll put her out again with a Flurry Heart small fry.

The second issue is that I REALLY want to play the Tails Of Equestria RPG, but can't find a local group to play with.

Okay, that's all my venting, lol.  Thanks for humoring me!
Formerly known as HelloKuma

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: Pony stuff that bums me out
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 10:01:31 AM »
Gosh yes, Cadence... I can feel your misery *ponyhugs*
I saw her in the store when she came out and... didnt want her. Too pink I thought, maybe later I thought. I was torn between Shining Armor and Rarity then. I took Rarity -_- lol. Freaks me out that I cant have one now because shes soo pricey! I mean I could save up for her but... Do I really want to spend that much on one plushie when I can have G1 instead? Mh.

And Tails Of Equestria RPG, never heard of it, sorry :( I hope youll find a group very soon! It can be soo frustrating!!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 12:22:35 PM »
I wanted a BAB Cadance also. I can't remember if she sold out before I could get her or if I chose Luna instead when they were both in stock because I could only get one at the time. She's very pretty. I wish they'd bring her back also.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

lostpony

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 01:53:41 PM »
I got mine at thrift for $3!  My best find there ever I think.

My local Bab store has a number of discontinued ponies unstuffed in the back.  I think the store manager stockpiles....she's very annoyed at the inflated eBay prices when they are sold out.

I'll ask and see if they still have Cadance.

Oh "tails" instead of "tales" that's cute.  Hope you find a group!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 01:53:48 PM »
When I see retro pony clothing, but it's for kids and toddlers.  They don't make enough retro pony shirts for adults and my thought is if they're going to make MLP shirts for little kids it should be G4, because that's the line of MLP that's out right now and that's the one they are probably going to watch.  I realize there might be an older parent that grew up with G1's and shows the DVD's to their kids so they can appreciate older stuff but not likely.

Also, when they have really awesome MLP bedding on amazon but it's for a toddler's bed.

I want some retro MLP bedding, I don't care if it's from the UK but so far amazon for the US hasn't gotten anything like that.

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 05:19:37 AM »
When I see retro pony clothing, but it's for kids and toddlers.  They don't make enough retro pony shirts for adults and my thought is if they're going to make MLP shirts for little kids it should be G4, because that's the line of MLP that's out right now and that's the one they are probably going to watch.  I realize there might be an older parent that grew up with G1's and shows the DVD's to their kids so they can appreciate older stuff but not likely.

Also, when they have really awesome MLP bedding on amazon but it's for a toddler's bed.

I want some retro MLP bedding, I don't care if it's from the UK but so far amazon for the US hasn't gotten anything like that.

Oh my gosh, this! I would love some retro g1 clothing, like a skirt or jacket, but I usually only find g4 when I try to search online.  :huh:

I found a mlp print skirt on Pinterest, but it was no longer listed on eBay. It was $35.  :pout:

I also found a Japanese fashion sweatshirt with mlp-esque artwork on the front, but I have no idea where it's from.

Maybe I should just settle for pony clothes that looks based on mlp but isn't quite right.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 05:52:28 AM »

/color]

Tbh. There is less toddler stuff out there then adult.

https://www.truffleshuffle.co.uk/cartoons/my-little-pony

https://m.primark.com/en/features/women/2017/april/my-little-pony

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Guimauve

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 05:56:19 AM »
Oh I've seen the rpg too! But I don't think my friends would like to play unfortunatly :/ (And I'm a bit far from you too bad!)

And as Majesty and Glitter Yolk, I would love to find vintage shirts but I only found an overpriced sweatshirt on amazon. I'm also kinda annoyed that I can't find the old thermos outside of the US.

And the most annoying thing is: why everything I want is located in the us? Seriously all the rare/kinda rare stuff is miles away from my home and the shipping costs are prohibitive.

edit: woah thanks banditpony! I'm gonna search on that site! But I don't think the Primark stuff is still available as the article is from april. Their collections usually change very fast.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 06:00:09 AM by Guimauve »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 06:07:08 AM »
edit: woah thanks banditpony! I'm gonna search on that site! But I don't think the Primark stuff is still available as the article is from april. Their collections usually change very fast.

I ordered my Primark from eBay. :) I thought it was reasonable.

Another way to search for retro clothes is "My Little Pony" but filter by women's clothing. You'll have to avoid G4 but it will be be a way to find some stuff that has been around for the past few years but not in stores now. Including some of the h&m stuff.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 06:27:11 AM »
Oh I've seen the rpg too! But I don't think my friends would like to play unfortunatly :/ (And I'm a bit far from you too bad!)

And as Majesty and Glitter Yolk, I would love to find vintage shirts but I only found an overpriced sweatshirt on amazon. I'm also kinda annoyed that I can't find the old thermos outside of the US.

And the most annoying thing is: why everything I want is located in the us? Seriously all the rare/kinda rare stuff is miles away from my home and the shipping costs are prohibitive.

I have the opposite problem - I have a much easier time finding what I want in France XD Wanna help each other?

Offline Guimauve

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 07:37:13 AM »
banditpony: Yeah I've found some on Ebay after I read your first message. I didn't thought about the filter though, I'm gonna do it now thanks :D (guess who's gonna spend too much money on Ebay?)

Duenia: Oh maybe we could yes! But as I don't have feedback yet, I'm not sure how it works. (still feel free to pm me for details)

Offline Shabi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 04:59:01 PM »
There is absolutely no G1 related things in Russia! In ten years of collecting ponies I've seen just three! I've seen more G2 than G1, that's crazy.
There is no adult MLP related clothing either, all generations considered. Or it's ridiculously priced. I want a G1 t-shirt but I can't afford it for 50$. I was lucky enough to snatch a used one with Sundance for 1$ :)
Ukraine is amazing by the way. It has rare ponies for less than a dollar. Every time I think about how much the shipping costs I cry a bit. Shipping within Ukraine is 30 cents. Shipping to Russia is 20$. I WANNA HAVE UKRAINIAN PONIES AHHHHHH
I also wonder why Hasbro don't reuse gimmicks? I mean some of them are downright awesome. Changing hair color is amazing, I wanna see G4 ponies do that.

lostpony

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 05:30:12 PM »
McDonalds did color change hair on their last G4s.

I love pony gimmicks.

Offline Shabi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 05:11:45 PM »
lostpony, we only got 2 waves of McDonalds ponies: the first one ever (but without Celestia and brushes/stands) and the latest reboot styled one.

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 05:37:41 PM »
I don't know if that's worse about the mcponies but here we get all the waves but only half of them, and of course it's the new characters that get cut all the time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal