collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony stuff that bums me out  (Read 3755 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pony stuff that bums me out
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 06:03:53 PM »
Gee seems I am in privileged McPony territory.  We get all of them in the San Francisco Bay area.

Shabi, i assume shipping to you costs a lot right?  Your best bet might be to buy all the goodies you want from a single source, maybe a member here, and just cry once on the shipping.  If there are any countries that are cheaper to ship to you from, we probably have some member selling there.  Hope you can solve your drought!

Jorgito93 I think at least your shipping isn't so bad right?

Shipping really kills.

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 04:31:02 AM »
lostpony, the shipping isn't the main problem actually, I can use my friend's help. But the fact I can live a month for 30$ here in Russia is quite sad. Just a few years ago dollar wasn't this expensive.
I was actually more wondering why don't they make official ponies with said gimmicks. I mean they did tinsel from the beggining of g4, they could do changing colors and 3d symbols and other stuff aswell.

It's also really weird that Hasbro doesn't make good mlp plushies. The only quality licensed ones I know are Nici and 4th Dimention. When I was a little girl I LOVED plush toys. In such a popular franchise like mlp they would sell like hot cakes.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 05:23:05 AM »

I was actually more wondering why don't they make official ponies with said gimmicks. I mean they did tinsel from the beggining of g4, they could do changing colors and 3d symbols and other stuff aswell.

The Magical Scenes ponies have 3D symbols :)
I wouldn't mind seeing color changing hair or something like the brush and grow ponies.

lostpony

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 10:09:42 AM »
The Magical Scenes ponies are kinda 3d....

I really agree on the plushes, Shabi.  Great plushes are hard to find.  The best in my opinion are BuildaBear.  I really love those even the non-pony ones.

I'm confused about living for a month on $30 us.  Does  that mean it's cheap to live there, or the dollar is outrageously high value there?  Here in the US, Oakland area the rents are like $1400 for an apartment.  Either way I see your problem:  that would make a plush and shipping like a couple months of income, ouch!  No wonder those girls were trying poisonous concoctions to restore ponies.

How about a protest march in Red Square demanding Pony equality for y'all over there...  Um, don't try that.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 10:42:50 AM »
Distribution.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

lostpony

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 11:10:09 AM »
2(a+b)=2a + 2b

no wait that's distributive not distribution

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 11:49:56 AM »
I am frustrated and sad that I doubt I ever will find any G1 Takara in the wild... :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Shabi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 04:30:55 AM »
lostpony, it's both actually. The average income is 500$. I counted 30$ just for food since I don't have to pay for bills so it's usually much more tha that. And I usually spend more on food, but I'm quite privelleged xP
And I've been on a march. Not for pony equality, not on the Red Square but something that's near both - an anti corruption march. When they started to grab random people who were just passing by and take them away to the police station I ran away.

Someone should tell me to shut up or I'll go on forever xD

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2017, 08:11:14 AM »
I am frustrated and sad that I doubt I ever will find any G1 Takara in the wild... :( 

Oh man, same! I'd love to have one someday but since they're worth so much and they're so rare I've pretty much accepted I'll never own one. Unless I somehow get super lucky and come across one at a garage sale/thrift store somehow being sold by someone who doesn't know how much they're worth. I'm sure if that were to happen though I'd use the rest of my luck on that and be unlucky for the rest of my life! :lol:

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2017, 11:08:49 AM »

Oh man, same! I'd love to have one someday but since they're worth so much and they're so rare I've pretty much accepted I'll never own one. Unless I somehow get super lucky and come across one at a garage sale/thrift store somehow being sold by someone who doesn't know how much they're worth. I'm sure if that were to happen though I'd use the rest of my luck on that and be unlucky for the rest of my life! :lol:

Well I DID get three Greeks from a Kijiji listing once!  The seller thought they were fake, but cute.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2017, 11:11:01 AM »
Craigslist sellers who back out after making a deal and fail to tell you :/

Offline Shabi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2017, 11:48:51 AM »
Oh, and I can't understand people who don't ship domestically. Don't they want to sell their stuff?  :pout:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2017, 12:17:45 PM »
Right now it is distribution my wall mart skipped the rest of the pearly line, my rite aid still only has the gen 4 paper mask ponies, and my work place still has the regular water globe ones.  I also have no toys r us left in my area, and the nearest target is quite a ways away.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2017, 06:16:30 PM »
I was gonna post this in the shoutbox but it may be a little long so this thread should be fine. I just need to rant a little about reorganizing my ponies. :lol:

So yesterday I cleaned up and organized my room, something I should have done like three years ago and kept putting off. Turned out all I needed to motivate me to do it was for me to want more space to put my ponies!

Basically I have three places where I display things:

-the big shelf I built in my senior year of high school in woodshop class, built it specifically to put my ponies in
-pink shelf with 9 separated areas
-my bed which has a bookcase shelf to my left

I had nearly all my ponies on that big shelf I made, my Pokemon collection on the pink shelf, and my Sanrio collection on my bed shelf. To clear up more room for my ponies, I put away the majority of my Pokemon and Sanrio stuff after I cleaned out my closet, and left out my favorite items in these collections, and they're all on my bed's shelf.

I'm in the process of moving my G4s from the 2nd part of the pony shelf onto the pink shelf. I had the idea to move my 3.5s from the 3rd part above to the 2nd where the G4s are, so then my G3s would have more space.

I go to do it only to find that the Newborn Cuties house is maybe a half inch too tall for the above part of the shelf. The only thing that's causing it to be too tall is the plastic ribbon with the logo. :drunk:

This is the shelf, for the record:

this is ever so slightly outdated but it gets the point across

So yeah I got all my G4s off of there onto the pink shelf, and wanted to move my 3.5s there instead, but alas it can not happen if I want to display the Newborn Cuties building with them...

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal