collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is the Ideal Plush Size? (Opinions, in general, Any Gen ponies)  (Read 1573 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
What do you think?
What's the ideal size for a pony plush? Either store bought or fan made. I see SO many sizes now, especially around for G4 stuff, that it caused me to wonder here, at the Arts n Crafts, where people actually MAKE these things, what "an ideal size" could be.

Gigantic:
Like those super big G3s Frilly Frocks and stuff. These are cool, but probably nobody would want more than 1 to 3 or so, or you'd have no space in the pony room.

Tiny Keychain - These inevitably seem pretty awful in their design. It seems like when company makes something too small, all the features get melty and the quality goes way down. These are usually about 3 to 6 or so inches high.

Build a Bear - These seem pretty big, at least 16 or so inches.

Original G1 Plush (I don't own any of these) but they are smaller than BAB

But what about fanmade plushes? What size are those usually?
If you make plush, what size do you like best?

For G4 stuff, I would really only (so far) consider a fanmade purchase anyway, because I'm not particularly content with any of the company designs. The stuff I see around online beats official stuff hands down! They're just so cute and show-like.

But for collecting plush what seems to be the most popular or well liked size? And why?
I think I would want something in the middle. Bigger than a G1 pony itself, but not TOO big so I could have a bunch.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
Re: What is the Ideal Plush Size? (Opinions, in general, Any Gen ponies)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 11:12:50 PM »
i quite like the size of g3 plushes, you know, with the yarn hair. which are vaguely the same size as original g1 plushes, but much softer. i like that theyre really soft and i like the yarn hair, but i would much prefer if the legs were floppy isntead of rigid. the g3s do a better job of having floppy legs, but i like plushes that are easily huggable. maybe something like, the size of a g1 plush but the "engineering" of a webkinz type plush? something floppy and fun.

i really like BABs but they are god darn big, i had to move around my closet shelves to make room for those suckers. which is funny, because i really love the BAB bear-size plushes? i have a bat plush thats in the "bear" position, and its perfectly huggable in every way, i love it so much. so maybe if they made the ponies in a more floppy huggable way instead of trying to perfect the "stand up on its own like a pony" vibe.

i know they make g4 beanie plushes, but i dont like sacrificing body dimensions and shape for floppiness. i think there's a way to do it, nobody's just done it right yet.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wishlist

Offline AnWren

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • Ren - 18 - he/him - I collect G3's (not a brony)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 09:48:54 AM »
I would totally kill for a gigantic G3 plush of one of my favourites :happy:
I would only want one sure, but I can't help myself, I need the biggest and the best!
If I wanted to get more though I like the size of the G1 and the yarn haired G3 plushes like another user said, though they're still big enough that you wouldn't want too many, they would begin to take up space quickly. Pretty good hugging size though :)
Smaller sizes might make cute gifts but I wouldn't want many of them.

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 04:23:01 PM »
I prefer the size of the original G1 pony plushies, and I also quite like the size of the 4th Dimension G4 plushies. The Build A Bears are nice but they're just a hair too big for me.

I agree that tiny plushies are hard to get right! Especially mass produced stuff. But when they're done well they are adorable. <3

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 08:57:19 PM »
i would love a gigantic sprinkles plush
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 09:10:41 PM »
I'm a fan of bigger plushes myself! I like ones like the Build-a-Bear plushes, or like my large fluffy haired G3 Sweetsong plush. Plushes that you can hug or rest your head on easily.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal