Pony Talk > Toy Box & Games Cupboard

SNES Mini Classic

(1/3) > >>

Leave a Whisper:
So Nintendo announced the SNES Mini Classic. Less games, costs more and missing too many key classics for me to be genuinely interested. The line up is good , but it should have been great. Oh well, it'll save me the aggravation of failing to get one.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/nintendo_announces_super_nes_classic_edition

Harmonie:
I don't get the hype. I didn't get the hype for the NES Mini, either. But I don't think that NES games hold up well at all anymore. Some SNES games are still good, but if I want them I still have my childhood SNES and all of the games I played, or I have the option to get them on the VC for my Wii U, which is a hundred times more convenient than buying and hooking up yet another system to play them.

To me, this is just a novelty item. It's kind of cute, but it's just not necessary for me.

Leave a Whisper:

--- Quote from: Harmonie on June 26, 2017, 11:17:07 AM ---I don't get the hype. I didn't get the hype for the NES Mini, either. But I don't think that NES games hold up well at all anymore. Some SNES games are still good, but if I want them I still have my childhood SNES and all of the games I played, or I have the option to get them on the VC for my Wii U, which is a hundred times more convenient than buying and hooking up yet another system to play them.

To me, this is just a novelty item. It's kind of cute, but it's just not necessary for me.

--- End quote ---

For people who no longer have an snes due to getting rid if it, or the onslaught of age, for people who want to try the great games of yesteryear, for hardcore  nostalgia fans.

Pokeyonekenobie:
I would be more impressed if it could play the original cartridges as well, which is what my Sega Genesis classic console can do even though it has about 80 games preloaded onto it. 

But since I have 2 functional SNES systems and the cartridges for the games I like to play, I'm not going to go out of my way to get my hands on one of these.

invaderhorizongreen:
So this is a thing? Eh I am gonna pass on this not even interested in most of the games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version