collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Photobucket no longer allows hotlinking from free accounts...  (Read 43495 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Photobucket no longer allows hotlinking from free accounts...
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2017, 08:39:03 PM »
I don't think Flickr allows animated gifs.

DA does but I don't think it allows works that you yourself have not created.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2017, 09:01:04 PM »
Yes the gif I want to use now is created by someone else and on DA (explicitly offered as free to use), and any gifs I'd upload there would be my own creations.

I'm going to do some simple animation tests like flapping ponies in probably 12 hand-drawn frames per second to practice drawing, get a feel for time-advancement between frames, and learn some kind of minimal paint software to put them together with before moving on to bigger projects.  I'll need somewhere to host them so I can post them around to brag and get some motivation to do better/bigger things which would hopefully end up on Youtube.

So if I can't get an embedding image link thing working from the other person's clapping pinky creation, then I'll have to find some other place to host stuff and i guess move everything there instead of splitting with flickr.  I'm getting way too many accounts around to deal with trying to get started, and it's getting to be a big distraction from actually doing any learning art.

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2017, 10:55:55 PM »
Imgur works great for gifs if that's the issue... I haven't backread everything so I'm not positive what the convo is about.  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline Littlesparklepony

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Free to upgrade Photobucket account? Please delete
« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2017, 03:44:20 AM »
Hello!

I wonder if there is anyone else who have problem with Photobucket?

Photobucket told me to upgrade my account otherwise I can´t upload Pictures here or on other sights.

I wrote to them and ask if it´s free but the didn´t respond.  :pout:

So my question right now; is it free to upgrade?
I will be very greatful if someone can help me out.

Thanks a lot!

Post Merge: August 02, 2017, 03:50:47 AM

I just found out that I´m not alone with this problem and it´s not Free.

So I guess you can delete this post.

[merging with existing post ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:46:56 AM by Kiwi »

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2017, 06:01:17 AM »
I haven't read all 15 pages of this thread yet, but wanted to pop in and drop off this info. I've used photobucket for years, and it's become increasingly crappy, from their mobile site to trying to download images and albums. So this is just the HUGE straw that broke the camel's back.   Because I've been a Plus Member, they'll keep my links active until I need to renew, so I have till next May thankfully. But I've got a TON of pictures and albums that I need to download and get off there.....hundreds upon hundreds!

Now the download album link has been very quirky for me. Half the time I get the "Hmmm...something went wrong" message and unless I close everything out and start over in a new window, I can't get it to work. The download itself, when it is working, is super slow.  Well, now I keep getting that message no matter what. I've used Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.  Nothing will work and I'm wondering if they just flat-out disabled it on purpose.

I managed to get maybe a third of what I need downloaded and have been looking for a work-around. I think I found one that is going to make my life MUCH easier:
https://sharecoding.wordpress.com/photobucket-downloader/

It adds a new button inside Photobucket, if you use the Chrome browser.  It's SUPER FAST... like a couple of seconds!  The free limited version is fine for me, because I don't think I have any folders with more than a hundred images.   But even at $2, if I need to upgrade, it's well worth the money.     The only unfortunate thing is that it won't download sub-albums -- you have to do that separately.

Still, I wanted to share with those that are in the same boat as me and are overwhelmed with how to get all my albums to somewhere safe before I have the "It's you, not me" breakup talk with Photobucket.   
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:04:02 AM by ashlyne »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2017, 03:28:41 AM »
Joyful discovery!  Don't delete your pb accounts...the original images can still be seen by third parties.

This morning it occurred to me that if the ugly gauge image hides a still-existing image in our own accounts, then maybe the same is true for other people's accounts....I tested it, and it's true!

This means you can view the image in anyone's posts here or anywhere else so long as they haven't closed their pb account or deleted their images.

What you do is click on the ugly gauge, taking you to the pb interface, then right-click on the gauge thumbnail, select save image and the downloaded image will be the original picture.

It's clumsy but it works.  Get the word out!

You don't even need to save the image to see it. If you right click you can copy the image url and paste it into a new tab. Very useful if you are someone like me who mostly uses their phone and would rather not clog it up with downloaded images.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2017, 08:19:46 AM »
Ahhh so that's why I have not been able to get GIF's to work!  Good to know.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2017, 02:38:40 AM »
I haven't read all 15 pages of this thread yet, but wanted to pop in and drop off this info. I've used photobucket for years, and it's become increasingly crappy, from their mobile site to trying to download images and albums. So this is just the HUGE straw that broke the camel's back.   Because I've been a Plus Member, they'll keep my links active until I need to renew, so I have till next May thankfully. But I've got a TON of pictures and albums that I need to download and get off there.....hundreds upon hundreds!

Now the download album link has been very quirky for me. Half the time I get the "Hmmm...something went wrong" message and unless I close everything out and start over in a new window, I can't get it to work. The download itself, when it is working, is super slow.  Well, now I keep getting that message no matter what. I've used Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.  Nothing will work and I'm wondering if they just flat-out disabled it on purpose.

I managed to get maybe a third of what I need downloaded and have been looking for a work-around. I think I found one that is going to make my life MUCH easier:
https://sharecoding.wordpress.com/photobucket-downloader/

It adds a new button inside Photobucket, if you use the Chrome browser.  It's SUPER FAST... like a couple of seconds!  The free limited version is fine for me, because I don't think I have any folders with more than a hundred images.   But even at $2, if I need to upgrade, it's well worth the money.     The only unfortunate thing is that it won't download sub-albums -- you have to do that separately.

Still, I wanted to share with those that are in the same boat as me and are overwhelmed with how to get all my albums to somewhere safe before I have the "It's you, not me" breakup talk with Photobucket.   

I wish I'd seen your post sooner, I was having the same problem that Photobucket's album downloader wasn't working. I ended up going through my albums, picking out the photos I wanted to keep the most, and downloading them one by one, ugh. I am done with photobucket, for months it's been a pain to upload, and each time I try to access it the site tanks the internet and causes so much lag (probably all the stupid ads).

It'll be interesting to see whether this move actually ends up being a profitable one for the company. They'll lose a lot of free users, which will mean a lot of ad revenue, so I wonder if those who do become paying users will outweigh that?
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

lostpony

« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2017, 02:43:41 AM »
Unlikely.

Offline Ethereal Rhapsody

• Galaxy of Unicorns
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Loves G1 Unicorns and Unicorn Personas
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 07, 2017, 04:49:28 PM »
Can I ask you something Flickr users? I'm new to Flickr, just joined this afternoon after deleting my Photobucket account. I'm annoyed at Photobucket. I refuse to pay! So I've saved everything I wanted to keep and deleted my account. Just as well really, those pop-up ads were annoying too. Also in the recent years, everything on the website ran extremely slowly.

Back to Flickr: I've read the guidelines and stuff but I'm still confused. According to the guidelines I only upload pictures that belong to me. I understand that (they don't want to be treated like Pinterest) but it doesn't tell me what I want to know. Does that include adoptable art? What about personal avatars and signatures (again using my characters from or inspired by a specific fandom) made for me by other artists?

Can I or can I not upload adoptables or artwork that has been made for me, using my characters and personas?

I credit all of the artists and all of the pictures are set to private so that only I can share the links with Arena (pony adoptables in sigs).

Also I take it you can't upload dolls that you've made on doll makers? That would count as a screenshot, right?

If I can't do those things on Flickr. Can anyone recommend another free gallery website that allows me to do those things and isn't as complicated as Flickr?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:29:47 PM by Ethereal Rhapsody »

Thank you Teara and Sugacup91!

lostpony

« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2017, 05:11:36 PM »
I believe if you've been given art by its creator as an "adoptable", you have a full use license that makes the art yours so long as you don't violate the terms of its use established between you and the creator.  Generally that should mean you can do anything you want with it so long as you don't profit from it or take credit for it, or, (if such a restriction is implied by the artist) modify it.  If the artist wants you to give them credit for the adoptable, then you might be best to include that credit directly in the version of the image you upload to flickr so there can be no misunderstanding.

Unless the flickr policy states that you must be the art's creator, you do still own the art under your use license so you should be OK.

As to things where you've gotten something "for you" from some kind of website or software, I believe such things also have a full us license.

If you follow the clear terms established between yourself and the creator of the art, I do not believe flickr can say that you do not own the art.

Finally, rules are only as effective as their application:  I didn't read those terms and I don't personally care.  I plan to upload whatever I want to, and so long as I don't do anything that would infringe on the rights of anyone who might make a complaint.  Meaning, so long as I obey any terms established between myself and the artist, no one is going to have any grievance to complain to flickr about.  If no one complains, then flickr's policy shouldn't be enforced even if I do make a mistake and infringe on their policy, because no one's intellectual property rights are going to be violated.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong about any of this please speak up and I will correct this so no one gets led astray by my opinion as to what's safe.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #221 on: October 03, 2017, 02:10:38 PM »
Book marking as looking for an alternative to Photobucket and Facebook!

:yikes:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2017, 02:54:01 AM »
Book marking as looking for an alternative to Photobucket and Facebook!

:yikes:
Same. I really can't get on with Flickr

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #223 on: October 04, 2017, 10:01:41 AM »
Have you tried Imgur? You can upload an unlimited number of pictures and have an unlimited number of albums. As long as you make sure everything is private and you don't "share to community" its a great image host.

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2017, 10:51:55 PM »
I don't have the brains or the patience to go thru all these image sites and figure this out. Can someone just tell me the easiest one to use for putting pics on this site so that I can sell the stuff I need to get rid of??

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal