collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Photobucket no longer allows hotlinking from free accounts...  (Read 43781 times)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Photobucket no longer allows hotlinking from free accounts...
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2017, 12:39:17 AM »
Well that ugly banner showed up in my sig so the icon there is hosted on imgr now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2017, 03:18:23 AM »
I kind of want to find a browser extension to replace that stupid banner with something better and less infuriating.

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2017, 11:59:12 AM »
Joyful discovery!  Don't delete your pb accounts...the original images can still be seen by third parties.

This morning it occurred to me that if the ugly gauge image hides a still-existing image in our own accounts, then maybe the same is true for other people's accounts....I tested it, and it's true!

This means you can view the image in anyone's posts here or anywhere else so long as they haven't closed their pb account or deleted their images.

What you do is click on the ugly gauge, taking you to the pb interface, then right-click on the gauge thumbnail, select save image and the downloaded image will be the original picture.

It's clumsy but it works.  Get the word out!

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2017, 08:41:55 AM »
I'm still struggling with flickr.
How do I change the settings on my albums? I somehow made some of them public and some of them private. I don't know how they ended up like that and I can not find a way to change it.
-

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • So Soft Pony
  • just fallen in love with Takara Ponies
    • View Profile
Problems with photobucket can anybody help?
« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2017, 07:15:32 PM »
Hi all, I have problems with photobucket. I can't see pictures from other members at the arena anymore! Instead of a picture comes this image:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Ant when I wanted to upgrade my account it says that I need to pay 399 USD to upgrade my account. Can anybody help me? Did anyone have the same problem? Thanks in advance for your help!

[merging with the existing thread ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:20:52 PM by Kiwi »
[USER IS BANNED FROM ALL TRANSACTIONS ON MLP ARENA - Site Admin]

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2017, 07:28:38 PM »
Photobucket has stopped offering itself as a free hosting service.
You'll have to upload your pictures to one of the alternatives and go from there.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

lostpony

« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2017, 08:34:17 PM »
Or pay 399 for a year. Yes they are actually serious.

Eventually more people will realize you can still save-as the image and get the correct picture though, so if you have a lot of old posts that youd like people to see but dong have time to fix, i recommend you dont delete your account or images.

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2017, 08:47:08 PM »
I'm not deleting any of my accounts... even though I think I've snagged everything off of them I'm gonna leave them there. *shrug* Later I need to go through all my posts on the arena and replace images...

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2017, 04:16:17 AM »
Joyful discovery!  Don't delete your pb accounts...the original images can still be seen by third parties.

This morning it occurred to me that if the ugly gauge image hides a still-existing image in our own accounts, then maybe the same is true for other people's accounts....I tested it, and it's true!

This means you can view the image in anyone's posts here or anywhere else so long as they haven't closed their pb account or deleted their images.

What you do is click on the ugly gauge, taking you to the pb interface, then right-click on the gauge thumbnail, select save image and the downloaded image will be the original picture.

It's clumsy but it works.  Get the word out!

I'm sooo glad that this is true :whew:  I used to post loads of pic spam on here, picfic story brag threads .. while I haven't been up to doing any new ones due to RL for a while,  all the scenes on my old picfic threads etc took me ages to do and I used to be so proud of them. I also posted loads of other pony pics and doll pics... I have the pics left on PB and I'm saving them elsewhere too. There are way too many to re-do though on all the old posts (I have about 6000 pics on photobucket *sigh* ) , so if I leave them and people can still see them, that's awesome :cheer:  :frolic:
I'm still annoyed at the epic fail that is PB though.
I reckon there are so many peeps downloading their PB pics - that's one of the reasons why sometimes it will let me download an album quickly off there and other times it wont get past the "I'm not a robot stage" or it freezes. Or it lets me but only inbetween ads and only one pic at a time :facepalm:  But.... If I try it say... Monday morning, or some weird time when it's quiet on the internets, then it works ;)
Same with Flickr - I couldn't upload anything to start with when I was trying on a Saturday morning. The it let me do a couple of pics later.  I tried again in the week and it worked fine uploading multiple pics. I tend to have issues uploading and downloading at busy times- which I reckon is due to photobucket fail rather than just my computer right now as everyone is doing the same thing  :awake:
hmm did that make sense?.. :wonder:
I'm still working on saving my PB pics elsewhere and it's taking a while , so I haven't had much time to properly play around on Flickr and see how everything works yet.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #204 on: July 25, 2017, 12:32:31 PM »
Apparently PB finally hit me. I will have to change it when I get home from vacation.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2017, 12:49:58 PM »
Well then. I just realized that all of my pictures are no longer up. Oh well, I don't post pictures that often, anyway. My livejournal looks like crap, but when I need to post a picture on here I'll just find some other way to do it.

lostpony

« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2017, 01:40:03 PM »
Hey does anyone know if flickr support .GIFs?

I tried to upload my little clapping pinky image to flickr that I like to have in my sig and all I can get for a link is a jpg of the top image instead of the animated thing.  I think when it's uploaded I lose the animation but I can't even be sure of that because the file name seems to be lost (at least to view) in the upload.  hopefully this is user error and they do support gifs.

edit:  I can't even find support on the flickr site directly and everything I found with a google search was confusing as there are apparently all sorts of names for the different places you can be within their site and I am just confused generally, very hard to understand, and it seems animated .gifs are simply not supported and while there are some described work-arounds that are full of this special vocabulary so I can't understand them, none of them seem to apply to an embedded image so it's looking like flickr isn't going to be useful for animated .gifs and since I plan to create a number of hand-drawn short animations and publish them as .gifs for quick easy use, it's looking like flickr just really isn't going to end up working out for me in the long term.  Disappointing.

Does anyone know if Deviant images can be embedded directly?  Maybe I can link to it from the library of the person who is making it available for use, that way the artists library would also be encoded in there so others can find the rest of his/her work too.  Also I'd be able to use my own Deviant account to host any animated .gifs I end up making...theoretically.

I'll read back through the thread and try out some of the other suggested sites.  Who knew basic image hosting was going to be such a problem, hrumph.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:18:12 PM by lostpony »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2017, 02:45:30 PM »
I think I have had three separate emails from PB now. The same email. I barely use PB so it must be that people access a thread or something that has a photo on it somewhere on this forum or the MH one and that triggers it. I am not taking mine down because getting into it is way too difficult with all the popups, but there's nothing of value on it anyway.

@lostpony, I am trying to think what it was I used on the old Bleach forum for animated sig files, but I think it *might* have been the site itself :/ I have a bad feeling it had a capacity for uploading sig files and that was what I linked to. I just can't help thinking there was another site and it definitely wasn't PB because none of those images are in my PB account.

If I remember I'll come back and post.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2017, 05:16:20 PM »
I know dA definitely allows hotlinking to images posted normally, and I'm *pretty sure* it allows hotlinking to images posted in their Sta.sh thing (haven't used it myself so I can't be certain).

lostpony

« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2017, 05:31:40 PM »
Thanks Taffeta and Carrehz!

I'll check out DA because I only need something more than flickr for animated gifs and so if I can just put those on da and use flickr for the rest, that'll work for me.  I'm already liking flickr and disappointed to run into a wall on something as basic and universal as animated gifs, just so ridiculous.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal