collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Photobucket no longer allows hotlinking from free accounts...  (Read 43482 times)

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Photobucket no longer allows hotlinking from free accounts...
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 12:13:11 PM »
did you change your avatar/sig pics lately? Otherwise I'm stumped as to why some are blocked and some aren't :x

Yep, I keep changing my wishlist pics all the time, some of them only today (not my avatar/sig pics, though). I'm just as stumped as you are!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 12:21:43 PM »
Yes, I was really shocked, I went to check something and I got that...thing instead of my pics, it won't let me even view them full size. >. <  if I go to the link it shows, I get a page that says

Our Terms of Service does not allow 3rd party hosting at your current account level. We have created a Plus 500 plan thay allows you to continue using Photobucket to host your images with linking & 3rd Party Hosting

and if I click upgrade, of course, it wants me to pay a monthly fee.  :(

I'm really confused now. I have a free account on Photobucket which I use for all of my 'picture-needs' on the MLP Arena. However, I don't see any pop-ups or alerts, and I haven't got any problems viewing my pictures either. In fact, nothing seems to have changed for me. ???

Just checking with you peeps: Are you able to see the pictures on my wishlist and in my avatar and signature?

I can see your images just fine. I checked some older pics I had that I hadn't moved off Photobucket yet and they were fine, too.. hmmm.

Maybe it only affects new pics and everything that was already hotlinked to PB is fine? If that makes sense? lunar_scythe, did you change your avatar/sig pics lately? Otherwise I'm stumped as to why some are blocked and some aren't :x

I'm having the can't view full size images on older images as well, no idea about the hot linking though.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 12:44:01 PM »
Mine seem to be OK so far, too. I'm wondering whether Photobucket is going to leave older accounts alone and newer accounts only are affected?

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 09:55:16 PM »
Ugh, photobucket, they want a monthly fee now?

I don't get how it works. My pictures, including signature, all show as posted. But they were all posted before June 20 of course.
Will they hit you with the popup message next time you log in, is that it? So that once they have given you the message the changes will be in effect?
In that case I need to find and set up an account somewhere else before I log in to photobucket again so I'm prepared and can move over stuff quickly.
-

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 10:20:07 PM »
I've been using Photobucket for a very long time myself. This is just plain horrible. I bet my sig is ruined right now.

Edit: Looks like my sig is intact and I did use Photobucket to place my signature's image and my account there is a free one.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 02:32:44 AM »
I've also been using Photobucket for a very long time now, but less and less in the last few years because it just gets worse and worse.
Luckily my old hotlinked pictures are working fine, I haven't yet tried hotlinking new ones, so it might really be the case that it's only affecting newly added/linked ones. I hope so, because if suddenly my old linked pics disappeared I'd be very sad (many of my old files link to an old forum which I used to visit on a daily basis, it's now closed down, but the profiles and messages remain for archive purposes).

I sadly don't have an alternative. Flickr is rather an artistic platform for me, so I will not start uploading stuff I used PB for there - I'll be stalking this thread for other options that offer free storage without the fear of having my pictures taken down eventually :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:34:26 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 08:00:46 AM »
I  started using imgur a couple of years ago after getting fed up with Photobucket crashing all the time.

This, I have really gotten sick of Photobucket. I quit using it a long time ago. It is so slow that New Years Day arrives before my pictures load anyway.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 04:58:32 PM »
I was going to use PB for my trade pictures because I thought it might be quicker but actually I think it will be just as easy for me to put them on my own server. Fortunately I have space to do that, and then I guess they are also in my control - but it is annoying.

The last time I tried to use PB which was before all of this it crashed my browser because of all its adverts, so I gave up with it and haven't been back since. I think they are potentially ruining their business platform. It's nice to have the heads up though that they are doing all this, even if it seems to be a slow roll out.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 06:35:08 PM »
I have no clue; I didn't change anything.  I opened the app up and thats when it started, I didn't even upload anything to photobucket. :(
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2017, 08:00:06 PM »
Good.
PB is a big pile of poopy, and anything that gets people to move to better platforms gets a thumbs up in my book.
Seriously sick of having to try and fight with PB to look at someone's sales or pics with its stupid pop-ups and random redirects and refusal to show more than low-res versions.  BLECH.

I went with Dropbox years ago. Does everything I need it to and is way more convenient to upload with, just shove stuff in a folder and right click for the link, done.

G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2017, 12:16:22 AM »
lunar_scythe, I'm wondering whether you may simply have exceeded your bandwidth for this month? Because the pictures in your avatar and signature read "3rd party usage at over 100%". Maybe it'll all be back to normal in three days. :)

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2017, 12:05:27 PM »
Hmmm, I'm wondering if it might be a bandwidth thing, too. Only other place I've seen it apart from lunar_scythe's images, is just now, the MH Arena logo broke for me - it's showing up with the same image now. If that makes sense.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2017, 12:52:39 PM »
I am having the same problem on another site. I haven't uploaded anything on Photobucket for a long time.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 01:07:37 PM »
How much do you have on photobucket? I wonder if you've gone over the "free" storage limit?

I get notifications saying if I pay a fee I'll be add free and if I pay another fee I'll get X amount more storage.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2017, 05:31:00 PM »
Hmmm, I'm wondering if it might be a bandwidth thing, too. Only other place I've seen it apart from lunar_scythe's images, is just now, the MH Arena logo broke for me - it's showing up with the same image now. If that makes sense.

I saw that too which may suggest it is bandwidth, though that makes me confused as to why the mh arena logo would be on pb...o.o
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal