collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Photobucket no longer allows hotlinking from free accounts...  (Read 43488 times)

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I have been using photobucket for 10+ years, and as of June 20th, they changed their terms to not allow linking from free accounts with no warning. :stressed:

So, either we pay them to let us use our pics, or go elsewhere to host our pics for sales threads...one guess which I am doing.

What is everyone's fav photo host sites that allow linking?
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Photobucket no longer allows hotlinking from free accounts...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »
I like Flickr personally!  I've had quite good luck with it and I actually think it is easier use than Photobucket (once I got used to the differences anyway).

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 02:55:52 PM »
I've started using facebook.  I make a private album, then right click on the photo and "open in new window" to get the image url.  So far so good.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 03:30:50 PM »
WHAT?!?! I haven't used Photobucket for ages personally (I have my own server) but omg what are they thinking?!? Loads of people use Photobucket and they're gonna be screwed over by this.. ughhhh PB has been going downhill for ages imo but this is their worst move yet. Hopefully they sort themselves out soon >_<

Good luck finding a new image host :)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »
I  started using imgur a couple of years ago after getting fed up with Photobucket crashing all the time.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 04:20:40 PM »
I use Flickr.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 07:07:11 PM »
If I'm feeling lazy, I use tinypic, which doesn't require you to even make an account there. Otherwise, imgur. I feel like these options allow you to host pictures the most...shall I say, discreetly.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 07:09:06 PM by Cswift »
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 07:16:35 PM »
I use photobucket, too. Ugh!

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 09:36:29 PM »
Yes, I was really shocked, I went to check something and I got that...thing instead of my pics, it won't let me even view them full size. >. <  if I go to the link it shows, I get a page that says

Our Terms of Service does not allow 3rd party hosting at your current account level. We have created a Plus 500 plan thay allows you to continue using Photobucket to host your images with linking & 3rd Party Hosting

and if I click upgrade, of course, it wants me to pay a monthly fee.  :(
I think I'll try imgur, and if I dont like it, I will try Flickr.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 05:23:57 AM »
Be careful with using Tinypic - a friend of mine used to use it and they deleted some of her pics at random, and I've seen other cases where they replaced pics with random other ones (sometimes very inappropriate images >_<). It's probably fine for quick uploads but I'd be wary of using it for longterm things, if that makes sense.

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 05:41:23 AM »
Yes, I was really shocked, I went to check something and I got that...thing instead of my pics, it won't let me even view them full size. >. <  if I go to the link it shows, I get a page that says

Our Terms of Service does not allow 3rd party hosting at your current account level. We have created a Plus 500 plan thay allows you to continue using Photobucket to host your images with linking & 3rd Party Hosting

I'm really confused now. I have a free account on Photobucket which I use for all of my 'picture-needs' on the MLP Arena. However, I don't see any pop-ups or alerts, and I haven't got any problems viewing my pictures either. In fact, nothing seems to have changed for me. ???

Just checking with you peeps: Are you able to see the pictures on my wishlist and in my avatar and signature?

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 06:33:56 AM »

I'm really confused now. I have a free account on Photobucket which I use for all of my 'picture-needs' on the MLP Arena. However, I don't see any pop-ups or alerts, and I haven't got any problems viewing my pictures either. In fact, nothing seems to have changed for me. ???

Just checking with you peeps: Are you able to see the pictures on my wishlist and in my avatar and signature?

I can see your pictures. But one thing I haven't been able to do is if I go into someone's photo album I can no longer view the larger image, it gets thrown behind a popup and then I get a list of images that are not the one I was trying to view.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 07:23:24 AM »
*sigh*  It's not hotlinking if it's to your OWN account and pictures.  Great job Photobucket.

Seriously... I just had this problem with Google Picasa last year...  :(  Seems like more and more if I want to have pictures online, I have to have them hosted myself!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 10:03:34 AM »
LOL, what else does anyone use Photobucket for besides free pictures?  Seems like a dumb move fueled by greed on their part.

Personally I use Flickr.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 12:08:56 PM »

I can see your images just fine. I checked some older pics I had that I hadn't moved off Photobucket yet and they were fine, too.. hmmm.

Maybe it only affects new pics and everything that was already hotlinked to PB is fine? If that makes sense? lunar_scythe, did you change your avatar/sig pics lately? Otherwise I'm stumped as to why some are blocked and some aren't :x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal