collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Checking on year 3 Sea Pony adults  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Price Checking on year 3 Sea Pony adults
« on: June 25, 2017, 06:45:11 AM »
Hi all ;)
I'm wondering what the current sale rate (in $US) is for ponies from the year 3 set in played with condition, no shells or anything like that. I have a spare High Tide with faded hair back home and so I wondered what the rates for this set are, whether it varies between ponies and what flaws especially knock the price down for each of them.

Any and all advice welcome :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
Re: Price Checking on year 3 Sea Pony adults
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 05:45:58 AM »
From what I have seen they all seem to sell for about $50 each, except for Seabreeze who seems to be more htf (for whatever reason!) Maybe slightly higher.

High Tide and Wave jumper with faded hair will affect value slightly, and the 3 white coloured ladies seem prone to yellowing, discolouring, and age spots.. My whitecap is in gorgeous condition but she was bought as new by a collector and never played with, I'm nervous to have her to be honest I dread the day she finally gets her spots! :lol:

Seaponies were mostly played with anyway so I would say don't be worrying too much about flaws! :) and I have to ask the cheeky question, will you be selling them? I still need a couple, I've held out for years wanting to buy them with shell but I've come to accept replicas :lol:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 03:11:58 AM »
At some point, if and when I can find them, clean them and have a stretch at home to actually sell them. I have a bunch of ponies and other non pony stuff that needs to go (which I cleverly keep adding to by buying small lots of ponies for a specific one and then have to rehome the others). I just don't seem to get a long stretch of time at home to deal with them :/

Ironic about Sea Breeze. I know I have no doubles of her, but she was my first ever ebay buy back in April 1998. She cost $5 plus $3 postage from the US to the UK. I actually joined ebay to get her, because I had never seen a year 3 sea pony adult and was super excited that they existed. Back then, that was what she was worth.

How things change.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 08:48:21 AM »
I started buying online around that stage too but it was on eBay auctions, and I wanted to collect pokemon cards :D before PayPal was a thing and I had to mail cheques to the US, I got scammed quite a few times!

But yeah back on topic, I suppose g1 were only a few years off the market at that stage so not worth the same, still compared to nowadays that is a steal..ponies only seem to be increasing in value :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal