collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Brazilian Bluebelle - Rehair or Maintain?  (Read 913 times)

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
Brazilian Bluebelle - Rehair or Maintain?
« on: June 25, 2017, 06:41:21 AM »
I have zero (ZERO) experience with rehairing, and I will get some bait ponies to try my hand at it, but I'm terrified that I'm gonna mess this girl up, so I'd better ask first!

I can't remember how, but I have a Brazilian Bluebelle with me. She's in baity condition, with blue stains around her eyes and a dirty, discoloured body (though her symbols are surprisingly still there!) from a light blue she is now a yellowish grey.

Worst of all, her mane is cut super short and frizzy, and her tail is gone.

I love her to bits this way, but I want to give her a new lease of life and rehair her in some lovely Daiquari Ice to mimic my beautiful grail pony Greek Bluebelle. Or maybe just go real funky with the colours and get her a beautiful new mane.

Am I committing a grave mistake? How much is she worth? I get that she's my pony and it's my decision, but I want to make sure there is absolutely no value in keeping her this way before I subject her to my clumsy hands!

Thank you everyone!
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
Re: Brazilian Bluebelle - Rehair or Maintain?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:40:31 AM »
I would rehair her :) in vgc she might be worth $30 so you're really not going to do major damage to your wallet in the condition she is in.

Sunfading should help fix her body colour a bit too, depending on where you live of course :)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 12:48:14 PM »
She is your pony at the end of the day, so you can do with her what makes you happy.

In her current condition she'd be worth around $10, as Saoirse said if she was in vgc wth nic hair she'd be worth around $30.

The Brazilian ponies have very delicate hair, it frazzles so easily. It is possible to straighten it :) but if it's cropped very short and frizzy a rehair would be the way forward if you want to get her looking cute again.

If you do decide to rehaired her, please share pictures if you can. I love seeing makeovers :bigups:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 01:49:35 PM »
Woo I wasn't badly off in my values, I suck with Nirvanas! :p

I have never had a Brazilian pony so didn't know that about the hair, learning new stuff everyday! Usually with Nirvanas I want completely original but sometimes a restore is the best thing you can do, it sounds like it will make you happier with her and I kinda take from your post she won't be leaving you anytime soon!

Oh and rehairing is super easy by the way, there are tonnes of tutorials to be found and help in the customs forum :heart:

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 06:53:37 PM »
I have a REALLY soft spot for Bluebelle, so yes, she's sticking with me! The sun in Singapore is really crazy, but I'll read up more on sunfading and hydrogen peroxide and what it does to coloured ponies!

Sounds great! I will probably rehair her then! Gotta get some practice in! Thank you so much guys!
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 12:32:06 PM »
Good luck ^.^

I use the tool method of rehairing :bigups: it is easier than you think and I'm sure you can do it.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal