collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How punctual are you?

I'm late for everything, no matter what it is
22 (8.2%)
I'm usually running a few minutes behind
49 (18.3%)
I'm usually on time, sometimes a little early or late
88 (32.8%)
I'm either a few minutes early or right on time
55 (20.5%)
I'm always early for everything
54 (20.1%)

Total Members Voted: 238

Author Topic: I'm late, I'm late! For a very important date!  (Read 3899 times)

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
Re: I'm late, I'm late! For a very important date!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 11:41:00 PM »
I'm always late, much to everyone's distain. My mother in particular views anything not significantly early as late and can't stand my habbit. I am lucky I don't have to clock in at my job.  >_< I am on time for things like interviews, but otherwise look for me to be running behind.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 01:19:19 AM »
I wish there was something in between always early and the few minutes early/right on time, because that's more where I fall, haha (though I went with few minutes early/on time).

If you have to get me somewhere any time when I'll be waking up, I will likely be barely on time or a few minutes late, simply because it is very hard for me to wake up, I usually need a good hour or so before I actually need to be up to get up. It was murder when both my husband and I were working at our church, I was the reason we were always barely on time... that snooze button is my friend.. if I even rationalize the alarm is on (I hit snooze without even hearing the alarm sometimes! Just on sleepy auto pilot...)

Otherwise I like to be places between super early/a little bit early, depending. I don't like all eyes being on me, so coming on time or a little late gives me anxiety just thinking about it. If I'm early there's less people to look at me show up, though if I'm the first one there I then worry if I'm at the right place, at the right time, on the right day... hahaha.

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 01:44:51 AM »
I'm always early. I remember one job interview, years ago, when I was so early that I sat outside in the bus shelter for twenty minutes till I wasn't so early anymore... and they still thought I was too early! Well, I got the job, so they can't have minded too much.

When I don't know the area, I tend to be super-early, just in case I can't find the meeting point and have to have a look around. When I know the area, I'm just normal early, maybe five minutes earlier than the arranged time.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 04:56:44 AM »
I plead the Fifth.
(for those of you not in the US, that's our right to not self-incriminate)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 08:07:28 AM »
I hate being late and always prefer to get there slightly early. Especially for important things like doctor's appointments where you are a new patient. There are bound to be forms to fill in, so getting there half an hour earlier than the appointment time is a good plan. However in the normal course of things 15 minutes before time is good enough for me.

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 11:28:06 PM »
It seems I'm in the minority, I tend to be late for things or leave late and it's made up for in the car trip; I often underestimate how long it will take me to do things and in general have a poor perception of the passage of time, and most visual spacial learners have this problem. I also hate being ready early and see it as a waste of time (partially because if I get ready too early somethings will need to be redone anyway), it's really annoying for me when somebody arrives early for something.

Plus my own perspective is that I don't mind being kept waiting if I have something else to do in the meantime and with work the job getting done is the important thing so if somebody came in late but still finished when they needed to or stayed late to finish I wouldn't mind, so the "What would you think in the opposite sitution arguement doesn't work"

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2017, 02:14:10 AM »
Late, late, late. Doesn't matter what it is, it always seems to happen. Part of it is likely that I don't drive and other people generally aren't as anxious to get to other people's things as the person going is. But that does not excuse the smaller stuff in life that I'm always late for. I was much better about this when I was younger, but time and age have seemingly blurred the lines a bit more than I'd necessarily like.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 03:56:56 AM »
I am always early for everything, I cannot stand being late or feeling rushed. I need time to compose myself too.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2017, 05:07:27 AM »
I'm always early for everything. I had a teacher whose motto was, "Early is on time and on-time is late." I guess I have taken that to heart. My parents both have always wanted to be early for everything, too.

that was me before i got a baby.. ahh! =)

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2017, 03:38:49 PM »
Usually on time, sometimes a little early or a little late. Being early is just wasting my precious time, so I cut it as close as possible.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2017, 09:21:59 AM »
It depends.
When it's something important (like a job interview), I'm always early, and not just 5 minutes early.

For "regular" things (meeting with friends, for local pick-ups when selling), I'm trying my best to be just right on time. I don't like to be late, but having to wait without really being able to do something is much more frustrating to me than being 3-5 minutes late. If I see I am going to be late I always tell the person who is waiting for me.

The funniest thing is: I'm pretty much always late for work. Thankfully though, tthat is not a problem, because my job does not involve starting/needing to be available right on time. If we arrive 30 minutes later we don't even have to call in, but if it's more than 30 mins it's also enough just to text my manager, and she does not mind. She knows we often have times when we can't finish on time either, and have to stay in the office another 10-30-50 minutes, or even more, so things balance out. As long as I'm not late for a meeting and do my job well and on time, she does not mind such inconsistencies in our morning arrival. I really love how fair she treats us in this. And this made me pick up a habit of "oh, I still have time for this before work", and I usually do shopping, taking sold stuff to the PO and quicker tasks before I set off to the office. If I ever move jobs I'll have a hard time getting back to the habit of getting there on time XD

(When I meet my sister I'm always late. I know she'll be even more late anyway :P )
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:23:45 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2017, 11:43:18 AM »
I'm so nervous of being late that I usually end up being half an hour early to everywhere.  :rolleyes: Except for school. I'd rather be a few minutes late than a lot early.

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 04:02:32 PM »
I was late on my final paper presentation. I was late on buying a full set G2 Butterfly for 1$. I was late on all my dates. You can guess...

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2017, 12:49:02 AM »
I quote The Doctor on this : "I´m very particular about time!" oh yeah :P Sounds like me! Always early! If you see me coming in late... uhm no, that wont happen :P (well it might when I have to rely on others to get anywhere)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal