collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Buying using amazon.uk  (Read 878 times)

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Buying using amazon.uk
« on: June 21, 2017, 04:35:12 PM »
Hi everypony since the shipping on amazon.com is high I decided to use amazon.uk. But before giving the credit card info the shipping to my country does not appear. Will it appear after selecting the credit card?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Buying using amazon.uk
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 04:44:21 PM »
from the little bit of Googling I did, it seems that Amazon.co.uk itself DOES ship to Portugal, but they will declare the full value and such on the customs forms. 

Many many many items listed on Amazon are fulfilled by a third-party seller though, and NOT directly through Amazon, so if the shipping options disappear when you select your country, that seller will not ship to Portugal. 

I feel your pain... we have similar issues in Canada! 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 06:05:57 PM »
Some do ship to PT, but the shipping that appears is for uk even when I select my adress.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 01:45:08 AM »
So long as we are still in the EU, Portugal won't get customs charges. The beauty of the custom union that our silly govt want to take us out of is that there are no custom charges between EU countries. So Alkevin won't have any issues that way, at least not till after Brexit happens.

Amazon themselves will ship to you I am pretty sure. The second party sellers may not all. I have this issue with Amazon Japan. The main site will ship to me just fine, but sometimes I have to dig through the individual sellers to find one that will send overseas.

In terms of the shipping cost, it will calculate the actual shipping cost when you go to buy an item, or it should. It should give you the actual shipping cost right before you confirm your order; it won't show it on the individual item pages otherwise. It will happen when you select your address, at which point it ought to note your location and adjust the cost accordingly. Though Amazon have so many EU hubs it is possible that there may be a local hub that will ship the item to you for the same cost as within the UK. That has been known to happen though I am not clear how that system works. I just know that I've had it happen sometimes when buying from the US site.

It might also ask you if you want to pay in Euros or in £. I am not sure about within the EU whether that happens or not.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:46:45 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 05:20:15 AM »
I  don't think I can add much else, but if the seller on Amazon UK does not ship to your country, Amazon will give you a notification when you try to pay  and it will not let you put the order through (at least, that is how it works when I try and order sometimes from Amazon in the US but they do not ship to me in the UK. If the order is directly from Amazon they ship internationally , and the shipping is usually not so expensive.  Being in the UK myself I don't know the exact response you'll have from Amazon when you are buying from the UK)
You don't have to pay customs fees from the UK to Portugal. :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal