collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is everyone giving this kid free ponies?! (IG Trade)  (Read 5319 times)

Offline minamarie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is everyone giving this kid free ponies?! (IG Trade)
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2017, 11:05:53 AM »
I just saw him on FB bragging about 3k followers on IG. I will be making a note to avoid/block him. So sorry to hear that happened to you Shelvesofwimsy, especially considering he is perfectly capable of NOT scamming people. -_-

Edit to add, I've had lots of friends on the Autism spectrum, and last I checked in the DSM-IV, "pony related kleptomania" isn't a symptom of Asperger's... :hmm:

Thank you @snapdragon, I totally agree with you. It shouldn't be used as an excuse for his behavior.

@ficklefae at this point I honestly don't feel comfortable giving my address out, and in my mind the trade is over. Even if I received the pony how could I enjoy it? When I still thought of this kid as a "friend" the pony would have been welcomed. But I honestly don't think I would want it now. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. And since it is a custom it's not like I could sell it?  :huh:

I feel you -been ripped of ponys twice by people I considered as friends - one living right around the corner and one from hungary where I'm from. One just ghosted me out of the blue after having 5 or 6 ponies (we traded a lot and this was some trade in advance - we said she would give me tradeponies the next time she has doubles). Still see her from time to time on fleamarkets.To hungary I sent a huge package of like a dozen rare ponies (including jenny) and just the day she learned I havent used a trackingnumber she said it's lost but I saw posts about these ponys... was promised 2 alternate birthflowers in return :(
I too decided to stay sane and just think of those lost ponies as "a lesson learned" instead of fighting :(
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 06:02:08 AM by minamarie »

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2017, 12:32:40 PM »
I don't want to come off as rude as I do want to help. But at this point, a teenage boy is being bullied and harassed over this. I know he did wrong. But they are trying to make it right. The white knights of the pony community are out in force. And we all know how that works, they won't stop until things are "put right". If you don't want the pony, then I'd suggest making a post on IG that you consider the trade closed and that for people to leave him alone. Otherwise it'll only get worse.

I'm sorry, none of his is your fault; but if you're unwilling to give your address, I think we all need to do some damage control.

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2017, 01:12:10 PM »
I feel extremely uncomfortable reading the last comment. If I were the OP, I would feel put under pressure and no longer safe on the Arena.

My opinion: If somebody is feeling uncomfortable about disclosing their address, not disclosing it is 100% the right thing. If somebody is not feeling well because of abusive communication, stopping any contact is 100% the right thing.

:(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2017, 02:15:32 PM »
I'm not trying to pressure anyone. But a kid with issues is being bullied and that's not right either.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2017, 02:50:33 PM »
I don't want to come off as rude as I do want to help. But at this point, a teenage boy is being bullied and harassed over this. I know he did wrong. But they are trying to make it right. The white knights of the pony community are out in force. And we all know how that works, they won't stop until things are "put right". If you don't want the pony, then I'd suggest making a post on IG that you consider the trade closed and that for people to leave him alone. Otherwise it'll only get worse.

I'm sorry, none of his is your fault; but if you're unwilling to give your address, I think we all need to do some damage control.

Firstly I never ever posted on IG about what he did, I want that to be very clear.
I posted here, and I told some close friends to watch out because of what happened to me.
Until today I had not heard from him. He did message me on IG and I think we have made peace. He apologized for what he did, and I made it clear I did not expect or want my package sent to me.
I've been contacted twice, once on IG, and once here for my address from people I do not know. I really do not feel comfortable giving it out at this time.

This whole post was meant as a warning, how people choose to react and act is not up to me. I'm sorry if he is being bullied, but to be fair I have been too before I even posted anything. I know it's different because he's only 18.
At this point I still consider this resolved and would recommend no one else confront him directly. He mentioned that he wishes to be left alone, so I don't think any further action is needed.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2017, 03:17:20 PM »
Thank you hon. Hopefully this can be put to rest for everyone. I only contacted you for your address as a neutral third party. Not to make you feel uncomfortable.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2017, 05:34:38 PM »
So it's "bullying" to hold a scammer responsible? Hm.

I'm glad that shelvesofwhimsy at least got some peace from this mess. If you're not comfortable giving out your address, could you have it sent to a neutral third party? Someone you trust not to be a creep, like an Arena mod? Just a thought. I wouldn't want a scammer having my personal address, either. XP

Edit because something just occurred to me; could he simply pay the cost of the estimated trade instead? Shelvesofwhimsy is made whole, doesn't have to give out her address, and everyone is left equal. Just a thought!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 01:07:12 AM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline marblecheshire

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2017, 01:13:36 AM »
I have been keeping up with this and though I do not want to involve myself personally I am a fixer. After chatting with a friend about it why doesn't the guy send payment for the value of the ponies to a PayPal account since shelvesofwhimsy no longer wants the custom or to disclose her address? I get the feeling that the other person wants to make things right and this gives him the chance to not keep more or less stolen ponies.

Post Merge: July 05, 2017, 01:16:42 AM

I am a fixer to a fault so please understand I am not taking sides. I do believe it was a trade that went wrong for one reason or another but I do not get the sense that the person in question is a scammer. He has had other successful transactions prior to this coming to light. I am not defending him not sending his part or returning shelves' ponies as in the end even with Aspergers you do know right from wrong.

Post Merge: July 05, 2017, 02:06:02 AM

Never mind. Spoke with the other person and this idea had already been offered and the decision was made to accept nothing at all (accept an apology). Apparently both sides have reconciled and are moving forward.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:06:02 AM by marblecheshire »

Offline minamarie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2017, 05:59:18 AM »
I am glad he apologized :) Good both of you made peace :)

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2017, 06:16:50 AM »

Multiple people harassing a complete stranger on IG about a bad trade (especially after they know said kid has developmental issues) can absolutely be considered bullying.

At any rate, I'm just glad both parties are happy and the issue is settled.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2017, 08:36:59 AM »

A teenage boy isn't being bullied. People are coming forward with their stories of bad and good transactions of him, just as with any other trader who did wrong. They're also seguing into other stories of other transactions.

And posting his username is giving others a chance to steer clear of him. It's not as if the pony community is going out of their way to threaten him or saying terrible things like they do in toxic YouTube comment sections.

Having Asperger's doesn't mean they're dumb or out of control or completely unaware of their actions. It certainly doesn't mean they're allowed to get away with knowingly screwing people over.

If he doesn't want to play by the rules of trading that's entirely on him and he can take the consequences of being known at the very least as an unreliable trader and perhaps even banned from buying and trading if he keeps it up.

If you think blocking and wanting compensation or a return of said product is bullying, well i don't have anything positive to say about that particular mindset.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 08:43:22 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline minamarie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2017, 08:45:14 AM »

Multiple people harassing a complete stranger on IG about a bad trade (especially after they know said kid has developmental issues) can absolutely be considered bullying.

At any rate, I'm just glad both parties are happy and the issue is settled.

To be fair - he (first) did made multiple posts for the world to see mentioning OPs name and calling her names and telling untrue stuff about her and the trade. So...you harvest what you sow.. and he isn't retarted or 8 years old or something that makes up for that.
He blocked OP so I don't think it is that wrong to (not multiple, he is exaggerating to be the victim as in his posts about OP before) confront him in case (as it was discussed here) he really didn't realise OP feels bad cause of this while always writing about support in the pony-community, not bullying others, being positive.. and while HE had the power to delete the comment about his behaviour, OP had no chance to delete the posts he made about her (they are deleted by now) so she was made helpless once again.. just my view.. if he is THAT challenged (as said by others) his parents should watch his online activities and protect him from any confrontation with a private account

Both talked to each other now and are kinda happy so maybe we better ask mods to close the thread? :)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2017, 08:50:13 AM »
The issue is now closed both parties coming to an amicable agreement.
-Cherry

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal