collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fell in love with Bubblefish / Wrigglepocket (added more pics!)  (Read 1230 times)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Fell in love with Bubblefish / Wrigglepocket (added more pics!)
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 12:34:14 AM »
Stunning pony and love the photo's. Now I am all inspired to take my ponies out into the garden for a photo shoot. Just have to find that darned chord thingy to download all those photos from camera to computer. It has wandered off somewhere.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 02:49:06 AM »
What a beautiful Pony! And such gorgeous flowers too!

I'm not totally sold on the pocket gimmick in general, but I love this one since she comes with a fishie!

It's a weird gimmick. But the ponies do sort of grow on you. I still really like the purple one (here in the UK, Singing Pocket) although I admit I really like the ones with the silky hair that generally only show up in the States...

Because my Singing Pocket has the rather unpleasant rough hair European ones sometimes get, I think Wriggle Pocket took over as  my favourite. Or it's just the childhood nostalgia.

I tend to see broken ones on ebay more in the US. Maybe they rammed the fixings home harder in Europe at the same time as shoving really bad hair into their hair holes...food for thought ;) but I don;t think I have ever seen one loose at a sale here over the years who was  broken.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 03:57:08 AM »
I knew there was a variant to her as well, but hadn't nailed it down. Einhornbaby, what is her origin? I am fascinated by the variations in this set, but I hadn't managed to identify what hers was until now :D

I have both from german sellers, thats for sure. Not sure if they were from any childhood collections or maybe bought somewhere before they were sold to me, so I cant say anything about that :) sorry

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 08:34:37 AM »
I knew there was a variant to her as well, but hadn't nailed it down. Einhornbaby, what is her origin? I am fascinated by the variations in this set, but I hadn't managed to identify what hers was until now :D

I have both from german sellers, thats for sure. Not sure if they were from any childhood collections or maybe bought somewhere before they were sold to me, so I cant say anything about that :) sorry

Thanks for that much at least. I will keep looking out for them. There are so many variations in this set and I have so far resisted going for broke to get them as for some reason most of the ones with nice hair have wrecked symbols, but I do like the coral and blue look...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Guimauve

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 10:00:33 AM »
Oh she is really nice! I admit I thought that set was a bit strange, but the pocket thingy looks better in your photos. And I just found a Uk Sweet Pocket (I think it's Uk not sure). But I'm not sure about it, how much should it cost ? The seller says it's in good condition but I've already bought some ponies from her that had problems that she didn't state so.... :/

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 10:14:06 AM »
Can't love this pony, has a symbol on only one side.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(They could at least have printed a 2D version of her symbol on the other side.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 10:45:08 AM »
Haha that's right, I noticed that:  one side symbol only.

Maybe Hasbro didn't want to put the symbol without the plastic pocket, and skipped the second symbol for that reason, but it would have been great opportunity to put a 2d representation of the charm on the nds.

Also thanks everyone for enjoying my pics and pony.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal