collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Differences Between Cartoon and Comic Book Personalities  (Read 3334 times)

invinible

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Differences Between Cartoon and Comic Book Personalities
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2017, 01:08:11 PM »
Majesty was in Firefly's Adventure.  In fact, she was the 1 whom told all the ponies to enter Dream Castle to avoid being captured by Sorpan before Firefly flew off to get help.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2017, 01:31:59 PM »
That was Glory.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2017, 03:13:51 PM »
I just read The Night Before Christmas read a long book and was surprised that Wind Whistler was portrayed as liking silly songs and getting so excited that she got words mixed up much like Doc does in Snow White.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2017, 03:21:24 PM »
I just read The Night Before Christmas read a long book and was surprised that Wind Whistler was portrayed as liking silly songs and getting so excited that she got words mixed up much like Doc does in Snow White.

Ponyfan

That is much more like her UK personality so I guess maybe she is silly on her US card as weirdly that is how it works. Though mixing words here is more Tootsie's thing..,
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »
Yeah.  Wind Whistler was a "feather brain" in the U.K.  Though, on the official packaging for Megan and Sudnance where Megan is wearing the "Country Jamboree" outfit (a U.K. exclusive) Wind Whistler is a part of the little story and acts from like their television persona.

Wind Whistler's card is a story of her singing doing her chores when the notes of her song run away to a wishing well who needs "happy notes" to fuel its wishing power.  Wind Whistler happily supplies them.

Ironic her VA would leave acting to become a singer.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:26:40 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2017, 03:31:50 PM »
Yeah.  Wind Whistler was a "feather brain" in the U.K.  Though, on the official packaging for Megan and Sudnance where Megan is wearing the "Country Jamboree" outfit (a U.K. exclusive) Wind Whistler is a part of the little story and acts from like their television persona

That is also true. There is so much muddled between US and UK character traits for the Movie Ponies.

On her own UK card it just says she rescued Megan from the Smooze, nothing about her character. Unhelpful ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2017, 04:18:55 PM »
I think of all the television characters, Wind Whistler had the most impact.  She was by far the most complex, and I think she resonated with all oddballs out there especially in Crunch the Rockdog.  It's too bad the series was so short and they were never really able to apply her intelligence towards something (like Bright Eye's focus on environmentalism in Tales).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal