collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 664 times)

Offline Guimauve

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
Hello there!
« on: June 20, 2017, 05:28:33 AM »
Hello everyone !

I'm from France and I'm fairly new to the hobby, as I've just started to collect G1 ponies.

Some weeks ago I helped my parents to declutter their attic and found my old ponies. Sadly I only found two, I think we had four with my sister. So I thought about searching for them online, as I didn't remember their names. I think you can guess what followed ;)

I found Guimauve (Sweet tooth) back hence my surname here. I think I'll focus of G1 for now, I also have some BJD but I don't buy these anymore.

I found this forum when I was searching for repair turorials, so I'm looking forward to learn more and meet fellow collectors  =)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 06:13:55 AM »
Howdy! Or should I say bonjour? Howdjour... there. That works. Welcome to the arena! If you want to find those ponies, go check out the for sale or classifieds section. However, be warned it's impossible to not buy more ponies than you wanted. If you go there, you may be coming back with a new pony.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 12:54:55 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

At least you were able to still hold onto 2 of your original ponies!  Sweet tooth is a wonderful pony :)

Do you know which other ponies you might be searching for to add to your collection?

Offline Guimauve

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 04:57:34 AM »
Bonjour or howdy, I'm fine with whatever you prefer :D

Haha yes I already have the beginning of a whish list I think. I really like the Twice as Fancy set and the Sundae Best. In fact I love all the food themed ponies, so begininng with Sweet tooth seemed like some fated event ^^

Thanks for your warm welcome ^^

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 03:07:47 AM »
Hi welcome to the arena!  I like your mouse picture.

If you'd like to share pictures of the ponies you have, feel free to post them in the Pony Brag forum.  We love to see all your ponies!

I always end up with too many ponies when I look through the For Sale forum...I love all generations of pony but G1 are my favorites; I especially love their eyes and serene smiles.

A lot of us especially love TAF and Sundae Best ponies.  Which ones do you like the best?

Hope you have a great time here and make lots of pony friends! 

Offline Guimauve

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 08:27:17 AM »
Thanks!

I'll try to do that, now I dn't really have great photos. Hum it's hard to choose honestly, I really like Milky way and the one with balloons (Up and away ? Not sure about the name). In the Sundae best I have a super lovely Sherbet which I love and Peppermint Crunch that I'm currently derusting. (But I don't have the little plastic ties yet)

Haha I try not to look, I'm already watching sales on Ebay but it's a bit overwhelming. I have a question, what is your plan to buy? I mean do you focus on the ponies you need to complete a set first, or do you buy the more rares ones when they appear?

lostpony

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 12:38:56 PM »
I find the only thing more addictive than buying ponies is taking pictures of them...I love a good picture that I can share and enjoy without having the pony out where I can see him/her as so many of mine are in boxes.

I love Sherbet! (who I call Sorbet, her UK name) because a friend in the UK sent her to me.

My buying habits?  Thanks for asking...I'm on a see-pony diet:  if I see it, I want to buy it, haha.  I'm not personally much into completing sets, but like to have a few ponies from each set...the only set I've wanted to actually complete so far is the Twinkle Eyes so I did prowl around looking for Mimic until I found one a little bit below market price.  But that's because I plan to do a full set of TEs with their eyes upgraded to better gems.  At first I liked the large lots of common ponies on eBay because i ended up with a lot of ponies I didn't have that way, and it was fun to learn how to clean them up and defrizz them etc.  I don't really care for a rare pony unless I like that pony in particular...just buy the ones you like, and take your time finding the right one if it's expensive.  When I was looking for Mimic, my friend advised me to be patient and not get a flawed one for too much, that another one will come along.  I actually did buy a flawed one because I'm going to replace her eyes anyway, but I got a good deal and made it a better deal by getting a big box of ponies from the same collector all at once.

I like to go through the for-sale forum posts because I can find some of the ponies I've been wanting for a good price, and usually the sellers have a number of additional ponies that I can buy and I get a huge box of many ponies for a pretty good price overall and it's a lot better than paying inflated shipping and prices for single ponies on eBay.  Although, by the time we work out a deal I end up with so many ponies that it's a whopper of a price tag that can be hard to pay, but when the box comes in it's just so wonderful.

Oh yes the mixed-color balloons one is Up Up and Away, and there's a pink balloons one that's a mommy pony, i forget her name (I think it's Sweet Mommy Celebrations?) but I do like to complete the pony families too.  So I'm always on the lookout for some of the family members especially baby brothers which seem to be the hardest ones to find cheap.  Something about completing the families is so much more compelling to me than "sets".  I know a lot of other people really like to complete sets though so if you want to do that, you are in good company!

I'm so happy to have this pony chat with you, and look forward to seeing you around!

Offline Guimauve

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 04:30:41 AM »
I need to recharge my camera then, my phone doesn't make great photos. (Oh so you store them in boxes?)

Her name is Sorbet in French too =)

I see, I'm the overthinking type, so even if I see one I like I will go through long calculations and search through many sites... I'm always feeling guilty when I buy something not "necessary". So that kinda refrains me from buying anything new in fact. I understand not wanting the entire set, there are some  less interesting ponies sometimes in these.

Oh at first I was doubtfully when I saw the Twinkle eyes, but then I got a Whizzer and I love its colors! I think she is lovely. I'm not too fond of Mimic, I admit I prefer blue/purple colors. (I prefer Bright eyes for exemple) Tell me when you replace their eyes, I really want to see that.
I thought about buying big lots too, the shipping cost is always annoying and there isn't much to buy from France. But the one I found were all a bit damaged and had ponies I didn't care for in them so I didn't.

Thanks that's the one! I will go see the sales then. Ah I toally understand the appeal of families! I got a Daddy apple delight and now I think it would be great to have the rest of the family. I also really like the baby version of some ponies, before I thought "no babies Guimauve! You don't even like these" XD

And finally I'm on the lookout for ponies I played with at some friend's home. I have fond memories of a Secret surprise and Princess sparkle with her glowing Tiara =) And a birthday pony too I think.

(Maybe we should continue this conversation via mp?)

lostpony

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 04:22:09 PM »
Sure feel free to PM me anytime!

You are in luck, the first of my eye upgrades was Bright Eyes, here's the thread about her with lots of pics:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,379151.msg1543241.html#msg1543241

I have only completed two as of now, and the eye-upgraded Masquerade is currently competing in one of our little photo beauty contests....here's the lastest picture in this thread:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386810.30.html
there might be still time to put in a vote for her:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386810.0.html
and the previous round picture:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386553.0.html

I'm so happy to have this conversation with you!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal