collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorites: Then & Now  (Read 1093 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Favorites: Then & Now
« on: June 19, 2017, 10:49:07 PM »
I thought this would be a fun topic to throw out there for those who had ponies as a kid:

1) Who were your favorite ponies in your childhood herd?

For me this would be Sweet Stuff, Moonstone, and Morning Glory.

2) If your herd now were to consist of only the ponies you had as a kid, would your favorites be the same now as they were then?

Sweet Stuff would still be one of my favorites, but Mirror Mirror, MM Windy, and Blueberry Baskets would be right up there with her. I didn't love the latter 3 as much as I do now. Although I still like Morning Glory, I wouldn't rank her nearly as high as I did then. And with Moonstone, she'd be toward the bottom of the list now.

3) Do you have any unexpected favorites in your adult herd?

Yes, TE Bright Eyes and Speedy.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:52:28 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Favorites: Then & Now
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 07:12:32 AM »
My Childhood Ponies Were:
Windy
Sweet Pop
Gusty
Shady
Baby Wavedancer
Salty
Princess Tiffany
Sweet Stuff
Mirror Mirror
Sunnybunch
Dancing Butterflies
Fizzy
Whizzer
Lickety-split
Moondancer
Baby Starflower
Dazzle Glow

1) Who were your favorite ponies in your childhood herd? My childhood favorites are: Sweet Pop, Gusty, Shady, Princess Tiffany, Sweet Stuff, Mirror Mirror, Sunnybunch, Dancing Butterflies, Fizzy, Whizzer and Dazzle Glow.

2) If your herd were now to consist of only your childhood herd would your favorites be the same now as they were then? I've noticed that the childhood ponies I've reobtained so far are still my favorites or at least immediately loved. I haven't gotten all my fave ones back yet, but it's a high probability. So yes.

3) Do you have any unexpected favorites in your adult herd?  Yes. Skyflier, Hula Hula, Twilight and Yum Yum.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 08:38:40 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 08:13:41 AM »

So soft Surprise, baby surprise of course and Tex.

2) If your herd now were to consist of only the ponies you had as a kid, would your favorites be the same now as they were then?

Surprise and baby surprise are still my favorites. Nothing about that has changed for me. Of course I would inculde Medley and all the other pegasus ponies I had back then. Not tons of them but I still had Firefly,Starshine, and whoever else.

I think so I didnt think I would like seaponies. I also didnt think I would like the bbe ponies either. I guess now I like more of the UN-favorites.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 09:45:44 AM »
I didn't have ponies as a youngster but recently I got Bubblefish and I just realized in the last day that I totally love her.

The pose, the expression, the shape of her body and her little goldfish...she's just so cute and perfect.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 04:18:16 PM »

Locket and Powder, followed by Tex

I downsized, so yeah, my collection is pretty much my childhood herd. But no, I have a different favorite now.  :)  Guess who it is.

Nope, I either like them and still own them, or I don't.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 08:39:28 PM »

Definitely Gusty, TAF Sweet Tooth TAF Milky Way, Baby Tic Tac Toe and my sea ponies Sea Mist, Tiny Bubbles and Sea Star. I used to really like the sweetheart sisters too. Oh and the newborn twins Sleepy Head and Sleep Tight, I was obsessed with them. I clearly can't narrow it down to a few, I think I really cherished all my ponies and I could probably keep naming favorites, lol.

Gusty will forever be my favorite so that hasn't changed. I'm still obsessed with newborn twins and have almost completed them, just missing a few UK NB's. I'm not fond of sweetheart sisters anymore. I love So Softs now and child me always made them the grandma's because apparently their fuzziness and muted colors made them look old to me. I'm very sentimental though so I think if I only had my childhood collection my favorites would be pretty close to the same.

Just within the last few days I realized how beautiful Moonstone is and I LOVE her! I love So Softs, I love the Tropical ponies especially Pina Colada. I think if I had seen some of these ponies I love now as a child I would have liked them then too. I think my biggest surprise with collecting is that I'm a die hard unicorn lover but when it comes to G4 all my favorites are pegasus. Not sure if that counts since I feel like we're talking about G1 but that's been the biggest surprise for me.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 06:16:56 AM »
Lovely topic :D
I was a fickle kid. My favourite pony was often the newest one I had bought xD. Although I had a few I really really loved that kind of endured. Baby sister sweet celebrations was one. Rainbow Magic and Sunburst, for sentimental reasons. Also Shady. And Gypsy. I got her really late on, because she was second hand at a school fete, but I was so excited to find her. Most of my ponies were not the ones I wanted from a set because distribution here was so bad, so when I did find one of my top wants, that one tended to stay highly rated. Braided Beauty was one of those.

I think probably Gypsy would still command a lot of affection. So would my Mountain Boys, but I am sentimentally attached to them more now than maybe I realised then. Also, probably from having them as a child, ponies like Tropical Breeze and Stargleamer are now my set favourites, whereas they weren't as a child. I used to be obsessed with pegasus ponies, but am less so now. And I am probably fondest of the older ones. But I still really love the three Party Ponies I had, and I still like Ripple best of my two Baby Sea Ponies. I just think I came to love Sunshower more as time passed.

Oh, probably too many to even mention. Maybe the most surprising favourites are the ones that randomly turned up at carboot sales which had no right to ever be in the UK at all. A lot of my ponies are precious to me, but there are some which are really special because I found them here and didn't have to trade for them overseas. Glory and Moondancer are unexpected favourites because I loved them as a child but never expected to find them at a carboot sale here, where they weren't sold. Sand Dollar and Night Glider are likewise. I adore both of them, both my favourites from their sets, both found here at carboot sales where they had no right to be (but I so love that they were).

Maybe Taffeta herself is one, too. I chose her randomly as a pony online name in 98 when I first had the internet at home. Back then there was still the name registry, and all the names of my favourite childhood ponies had gone. Taffeta I had never even heard of until finding DV, as she's not sold in the UK. But I liked the blue and white thing, and the name sounded pretty, so I chose her. I had never even seen her. Not even a photo, just a drawing. But I have never regretted choosing her. She's amazing and I still think so, even so many years after I first got her.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 10:00:19 AM »
Oh I enjoy this kind of threads :)

Back then my favourites were Sugar Sweet and Sugar Apple! I also loved Baby Cuddles, Beach Ball, Cool Breeze and Whirly a loooot!

My herd btw consisted of the following members :
Sugar Sweet
Sugar Apple
Lemon Drop
Baby Cuddles
Whirly
Cool Breeze
Birthday Pony
Hip-Hop
Flower Boquet
Beach Ball
Mainsail
Euro Princess Sparkle
Baby Brother Party Time
Braided Beauty
Salty
Baby Sweetsteps
Baby Rainfeather
Little Giggles
Baby Shaggy
Baby Tappy (2x)
Baby Blossom
Baby Explorer
Baby Stella
Bunny Hop
Clover
Talk A Lot
Wild Flower
Bright Night
Player
Pony Bride
Raincurl
Stardazzle
Euro Bluebelle
Baby Hoppy & Baby Pockets
plus a huge amount of fakies! :)

I think so, yes. I bonded very strongly with my toys as a kid and even though I love Birthday Ponies appearance, id always chose my beloved Sugar Apple before her (sorry Birthday, still love you too!! <3)

Ooooh yes! As a kid I totally hated the Tropical Ponies but today I adore their bright colors!!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:07:50 AM by Einhornbaby »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 11:24:10 AM »
Who is Baby Brother Party Time?  :wonder:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 02:52:49 PM »

I'm going to guess baby Brother Sweet Celebrations. It would have had a different set name in Germany.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 07:23:41 PM »

I'm going to guess baby Brother Sweet Celebrations. It would have had a different set name in Germany.

Oh.
 :blush: :bolt:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 10:29:20 PM »

Oh.
 :blush: :bolt:

:rofl: I meant Baby Brother Sweet Celebrations :P I dont know what my brainy-brain was doing there again, haha, sorry.
Btw, yes the german names of this family are (yes, are, there are two different official names, no idea why) : Familie Partyglück (party luck family? thats the exact translation, nooo idea, even the german word makes no sense at all). The other name is Familie Wunderbar (wonderful family). Kinda cute, thats for sure :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 12:57:55 AM »
Wunderbar is my favourite German word ever.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 01:11:36 AM »

Spain Texas, Lickety Split, FT Baby Tic Tac Toe and Baby Splashes. Also Baby Paws.

Definitely. Plus Surprise, which I didn't have as a kid, but my best friend did.

I really love the Perfume Poofs now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal