collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Teenage Spike.  (Read 271 times)

Offline CastletonSnobTopic starter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
Teenage Spike.
« on: June 19, 2017, 10:24:42 PM »
Let's say Spike becomes a teenager sometime. What do you think he would be like?
I imagine him as really smart, but lazy. Why is that?

Online Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
Re: Teenage Spike.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 12:56:06 AM »
The episode in which he aged rapidly showed him as a teenager for a while, but his personality was being driven by his accelerated dragon hoarding instincts. I think if he were to grow up naturally under Twilight's care he would remain an intelligent goofball. But to what degree can he mature while living among ponies?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline CastletonSnobTopic starter

• Captain Jack Pony
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 01:28:50 AM »
The episode in which he aged rapidly showed him as a teenager for a while, but his personality was being driven by his accelerated dragon hoarding instincts. I think if he were to grow up naturally under Twilight's care he would remain an intelligent goofball. But to what degree can he mature while living among ponies?

I mean like, he'd rather eat gems and read comic books than do the work Twilight assigns him.

Offline Dulset Tarn

• Rainbow Curl Pony
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 05:27:53 AM »
I mean... he's not all that young to be honest. He was hatched when Twilight was a child, it's likely he's older than the CMC. He could already be a teen!

Online Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 02:22:28 AM »
I mean... he's not all that young to be honest. He was hatched when Twilight was a child, it's likely he's older than the CMC. He could already be a teen!

I assumed dragons had much longer lifespans and that Spike wouldn't reach adolescence until Twilight and the rest are much older. It's canon that dragon growth is accelerated when they start to accumulate their hoard, the wealthy become the leaders.

Aside from that I think by the time he matures Twilight will have instilled some work ethic into him. His time living among ponies and experiencing their culture will have civilised him somewhat more than the brutish wild dragons. He's already growing as a character in the show but it's something the show will never explore to any real depth, I'd be interested to see a comic of adult Spike in the future (which is slightly more likely)... I'm warming up to the idea of MLP fanfic and headcanons...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:30:12 AM by Tulips »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 01:51:15 PM »
I wanna see Spike go through an angsty teenager phase, please! 'It's not a phase, Twilight!:lol:

I agree with the notion that dragons age a lot slower than ponies do. The guy who does the 'Totally Legit Recap' videos (Very funny by the way! Though be warned that pretty much all of his stuff is 18+) places the mane six plus Spike to be around twenty five years old and he's still a 'baby' dragon.