Pony Talk > Off Topic

Legit or bootleg?

(1/3) > >>

invaderhorizongreen:
Does anyone know if this plush is for real? I found them at the thrift store, and no idea how they got here.  I did not want to pass them up for $0.42 Either way they are in good shape, and I am not into this series so I dont know who they are either.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
[/URL]

[/URL]

banditpony:
Bootleg.
The headband thing around it's neck looked familiar to me so i googled Naruto fox plush and it came up. I don't really know what it is since I've never seen that anime...

tikibirds:
It's the nine tailed fox that was sealed away inside Naruto's body when he was a baby as it was attacking the village. I think the fox's name is Kurama (when I was searching for artwork of Kurama from a different series, this fox kept popping up).

*has been watching watching Naruto recently*

orangepeachmango:
i don't think he's a bootleg.  it has the tag still on it, whereas a bootleg wouldn't. this plush is also readily available at cons and other anime-type stores, ive definitely seen it before. it is kurama from naruto :]

its just a lucky find for a thrift store! most anime fans do not give up their merch to thrift stores because its not uaully something you can buy at any toystore. im thinking most likely a con purchase, maybe the person wasnt into naruto anymore and was hoping somebody would appreciate it more.

i don't believe its like, "worth" much as in resale value, because you can still get them, but its still a really neat find!  i love finding anime merch in the wild : )

banditpony:

--- Quote from: orangepeachmango on June 19, 2017, 11:59:18 PM ---i don't think he's a bootleg.  it has the tag still on it, whereas a bootleg wouldn't. this plush is also readily available at cons and other anime-type stores, ive definitely seen it before. it is kurama from naruto :]

--- End quote ---

Bootlegs have tags and what is written on the tag is a big flag it's fake. No logo. No Japanese on the tag.

Some sellers at cons and anime stores sell bootlegs so that's a bad way of determining it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version