collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anybody left that grew up with G1 ponies?  (Read 8971 times)

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
Re: Anybody left that grew up with G1 ponies?
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2017, 03:08:46 PM »
I was born in 1990 and I played with G1 ponies, even remember buying some from the store! I have no memory of ever even seeing G2 or G3 ponies. Only G1. Even at daycare they only had G1 ponies, I remember that so well! I tried to hide them from other kids because they played too rough with them.  :lookround:

This was in Finland, so that explains it I guess, everything came here years later.

I have 2 pony memories I remember really well. I remember getting Baby Sapphire as a christmas present, and then I remember picking Pina Colada from the store.  :inlove:

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2017, 04:13:57 PM »
Yup! ^.^  Can't recall when I started getting ponies, buy my earliest memory for ponies was getting Dream Castle for Christmas - but I knew I was getting it, as our parents didn't hide gifts very well that year! :lol: (My brother and I was rather mischevious. ;) ). My brother helped me put it together, and I loved the show and looking for new ponies at Children's Palace. I remember seeing the movie when it was in theaters -  seeing the flutterponies when they come to fight the smooze on a screen that huge was awesome! I remember seeing the boys in the store for the first time and asking my best friend if they were really MLP toys - they were so different! :lol: Eventually wound up with all of them, though I never did get the Apple and Bouquet families (though I have them now). The softies used to be displayed on clip strips, hanging by their loops; never got any of them, though. Then my parents bought ponies at TRU when they moved in across the street and CP closed as a result of lost business to them. I was so mad about CP closing! It was the first toy-centered store I ever knew, you know? The last pony I remember seeing in the store is Movie Firefly. I kinda wish I'd looked more for Mimic, but I never saw her! My brother and I did have Locket, though; I can't recall having any other TE ponies, so I'll have to check hooves later.

I'm glad I managed to save my childhood ponies - for the memories, if nothing else! My brother and I used to play with them with his Transformers and Hot Wheels - we had fun! I still have the Headmasters Transformer we pretended Chief was (the colors matched up, so hey! :lol: ) I played with them a lot at my best friend's house too  - so many of our ccessories got mixed together! We tried sorting them out a few years ago, but I don't think we succeeded. C'est la vie. :)

Got back into ponies a few years ago when I saw some at a convention I was at, then I was introduced to customizing (which my brother and I had already done a bit of - Glory completely lost her symbol, so we gave her an Ankh; permanant marker, mind, but we were kids), found out about the international and nirvana ponies, and it was off from there! Now I'm slowly putting together the complete (USA) set - I know it's been done by folks before, so I should be able to manage it! Slowly. ^.^
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2017, 06:37:02 PM »
I did! I have so many fond memories playing with my childhood ponies (still in my collection) with my friend.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2017, 10:12:37 AM »
I grew up with G1s as well. Both me and my sister loved them and built up a collection. I'm sure if I ask my parents, they can dig out some pictures of us playing with them back then.

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2017, 10:38:16 AM »
Grew up with? Haha! I STILL play with 80s ponies.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2017, 05:23:24 PM »
I had one friend that I thought had all of the ponies back then! But then her dad was a Doc and they had a lot of money. He even had a bag phone while no one else had one. I remember going over there and playing with them. I was so jealous over her collection! To this day I have no idea what her name is now if married and were she lives. I also had a sitting that watched me for a few weeks. She also had them to! I stoled spike when I saw that she had him. Of course I gave him back and felt really bad over it! :(

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2017, 01:45:27 AM »
yep I did I also have all but one of my child hood collection (I lost tidily winks in Asda :()

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2017, 08:48:04 AM »
I did. I was born in 1989 and has about 20-30 ponies in my childhood collection. When I was 16, I was staying at a friend's house one weekend and my Mum took all my ponies to a car boot and to her surprise, a 'man in a coat came and bought the whole box'. Yeah of course he did, because it was full of rare UK ponies!! I had Nurse Tenderheart with hat...all the UK cookery ponies, Rockin Beats with guitars, Jazzy with the original visor and walkman...makes me so sad to think of all the rare ponies that she sold so cheap, that I will never be able to own again!

I was very upset. But that's actually what got me into collecting - when I found out I went on eBay to try and buy all the ponies back, and that's when I found out their collectors value. I ended up buying a few back, and found a few of my original ponies in the garage that had escaped 'the cull' many years later but it still makes me sad to think my original childhood ponies that I treasured are all gone!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2017, 09:12:29 AM »
An re-reply thanks for all the responses it seems to be a very heart warming thread. This somehow reminds me of the cartoon "Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus". In some similarities I would think there would be alot of us left that grew up with ponies. Thanks for sharing :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal