collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Random ponies are sometimes the best.  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Random ponies are sometimes the best.
« on: June 17, 2017, 10:53:37 AM »
This hasn't been the most fun week for me. I've been preparing for a conference where I have to present (I hate this, but I have to do it, because meh, studies) so I've been trying to organise that and right in the middle I have had hassle over my disability support because I have to change over from the old system to the new system and right now they are being unnecessarily annoying with their method of repplication. I hate forms as well as presentations, so yeah, it's been a really fun fun week all round.

So today I took the bus out to ToysRUs. I like ToysRUs. I rarely buy anything because it's expensive, but I like having the ability to go to ToysRUs because back home we don't have one. And this is a big one. And I like seeing all the toys on shelves. Especially seeing which weird old issue Monster High dolls are filling the shelves this week (answer: Freaky Fusion. A literal army of Clawvenus. But I digress).

En route to TRU, however, I was surprised by the fact that one of the local communities had its fair today, and there were a whole lot of stalls and people and food and it looked like fun. So I got off the bus and had a walk around there.

And although most places were craft stalls and food stalls and charity drives and a lot of the craft stuff was amazing but really expensive, in the middle of that fair was a toy stall.

And on that toy stall were two little ponies. G4 ponies. The "gothic" patterned Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. All wrapped up in a little brown box with string, so close together they were actually nuzzling.

It was such a random moment that I ended up bringing them home with me. I found it amusing because Rainbow Dash has tons of confidence, and Pinkie Pie, although she drives me mad, likes to make other people happy. It was almost like they were there on purpose, to remind me that I can do the presentation, and I will sort out the government, and basically I should just enjoy the sunshine.

So right now they are sitting on my bed, still nuzzling in their little box. My random ponies that cheered me up on my trip to TRU today.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

When they are groomed and cleaned up, they will probably join Fluttsi's clique of G4 ponies that live here in London.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Random ponies are sometimes the best.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 11:28:46 AM »
It's amazing what you can find, isn't it? I'm sure flutsi will be very happy to have more friends, albeit a bit goth friends. "ITS NOT A PHASE FLUTTERSHY!"
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 11:38:10 AM »
It's amazing what you can find, isn't it? I'm sure flutsi will be very happy to have more friends, albeit a bit goth friends. "ITS NOT A PHASE FLUTTERSHY!"

Haha ! Well, Fluttsi is a girl of the world, now. She's swum with sakura and chased butterflies around temples. I'm sure she'll come to understand ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 02:42:03 PM »
Finding something you weren't expecting for a bargain is one of life's little joys.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 02:53:50 PM »
What a lovely find, especially when you think about their personalities and where you are in life right now.  Good luck with your presentation :D

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 03:44:18 PM »
What a lovely find, especially when you think about their personalities and where you are in life right now.  Good luck with your presentation :D
Thank you! And I thought so too. That's why I took them home with me. I am not looking forward to my presentation, but ironically, it IS about horses! Or at least, one horse. A 'suspicious steed unparalleled beneath heaven'.

@LAW - you're exactly right. The surprises are the best.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Littlesparklepony

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 12:54:50 PM »
What a nice story! Good luck with your presentation.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 09:33:11 PM »
What a wonderful pair of ponies to cheer you up during a difficult week.  Did they make you Smile Smile Smile?

I'd keep them displayed just like they are.  It's very special.

I've never seen those before and I'm totally jelly.  Your Fluttsi is a fancy version too, so I am sure they'll all be great together.

I wish you the best on your presentation about a suspicious steed unparalleled beneath heaven.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 10:41:36 PM »
Clearly these ponies with their personalities were there to remind you of certain qualities in life.  May they help you to push through and succeed in both your presentation and pesky reapplications! :)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 11:41:53 PM »
Congrats.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 05:58:27 AM »
Your Fluttsi is a fancy version too, so I am sure they'll all be great together.

I wish you the best on your presentation about a suspicious steed unparalleled beneath heaven.

I think Fluttsi felt challenged, as she insisted on coming with me to my presentation. She took a look around the city (York is a very old and very pretty English city) and so she might have some photos to share of her visit later in the week, if I can get my computer sorted out.

The presentation went well, everyone, thank you :) People were really nice and it was fun. Just a shame that it was SOO hot. It's not meant to be hot in the north of the UK. I thought I'd left it behind in London, but apparently not :'(

Now I'm back, Pinkie and Dash can be bathed and Fluttsi can begin her turf war territorial defence :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal