collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is eSnipe dropping snipes?  (Read 1584 times)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Is eSnipe dropping snipes?
« on: June 17, 2017, 10:52:34 AM »
Over the last few weeks, I've set a few snipes on eSnipe that have failed. When I check my history, they're not showing up at all, as if I had messed up and forgotten to finish placing the snipes. At first I thought I had messed up, but it just happened again. It's unlikely that I would mess up twice. Has anyone else noticed this?
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
Re: Is eSnipe dropping snipes?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 11:29:35 AM »
I've never used eSnipe so I can't really answer that question. It's possible their server is having issues, though.

I'd personally recommend Gixen! It's completely, 100% free, and it hasn't failed me yet. :)
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 06:44:22 AM »
Are you making sure you are logged out of the program as well as logged out of ebay?  I know my sniper program will drop the snipe if I am logged into either account. Just a thought. I have no idea if that applies in your situation.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 06:47:35 PM »
How close to the end of the auction do you have the snipes set to be placed?
I had issues with a sniping program years ago that would fail to snipe if our internet was a bit slow at the time of the snipe. It would try but by the time it had loaded and connected the auction had already ended and it would fail.

I haven't used sniping programs in years though.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 07:10:06 PM »
I usually set my snipes the day before the auction ends. But the bids aren't failing. Instead they're not showing up at all. Like I never placed them, or like the sniping program forgot.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 08:54:16 PM »
From what I can see on the eSnipe website it's run online on their servers, and their FAQ says they have backups to ensure bids go through if their servers go down, so my first suggestion is very unlikely.

The only other thing I can think of is that sometimes sniping programs don't place your bid if the current highest bid is already higher than your max. If the auctions that are missing your bids in their history sold for lower than what you put in as your max bid then this theory is wrong too.

Is the eSnipe website showing your bids in your profile, or are they vanishing?

My only suggestion would be to actually contact their customer service. If your paying for a service that appears to be failing they should answer your questions and they'll have a better idea of what is going on.
Or change to a different sniping program.

Sorry and good luck
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal