collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When you think you've seen it all ...  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
When you think you've seen it all ...
« on: June 16, 2017, 08:40:27 AM »
... but suddenly realise you haven't.

I had bought a MIB My Little Pony playset on ebay, both the box and its contents were like new without any visible damage.

The "parcel" has just arrived: It consists of the original My Little Pony box wrapped in cling film with an address sticker stuck on top. No box, no protective filling, nothing, just one layer (!) of cling film.

Unsurprisingly, the box has been scuffed and damaged in transit. Seriously, the lack of intelligence and/or the nerve of people! (Sorry, I need to vent!)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: When you think you've seen it all ...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 08:41:13 AM »
How awful!!!  I hope you get a refund of some kind  :huh:
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 08:57:39 AM »
... but suddenly realise you haven't.

I had bought a MIB My Little Pony playset on ebay, both the box and its contents were like new without any visible damage.

The "parcel" has just arrived: It consists of the original My Little Pony box wrapped in cling film with an address sticker stuck on top. No box, no protective filling, nothing, just one layer (!) of cling film.

Unsurprisingly, the box has been scuffed and damaged in transit. Seriously, the lack of intelligence and/or the nerve of people! (Sorry, I need to vent!)

That exact same thing happened to me- only with a vintage SSC doll ordered from Mercadolibre.  The packaging was SUPER rare and pristine.  The seller wrapped the very very thin, old, delicate box in PAPER.  It arrived entirely crushed.

But I still really wanted the doll...

That experience is what has motivated me to ask sellers, when I am buying for the packaging, to please preserve the packaging by packing into another box with bubbles. It SEEMS obvious but to some I guess it is not...

I have heard of people "deboxing" NRFB ponies too to "check for flaws" before shipping....

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 09:25:09 AM »
Some people are so tight. Brought Ponies on eBay.uk package came, the box was covered in a lot of brown tape. Took ages to get the ponies out.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 09:34:49 AM »
Ugh. I hate when people think it's like ordering something new from argos and that you might as well save on the packaging by sending it as is. I'm sorry that happened.

I remember an auction last year when someone deboxed a MIB Bobbie (!) to "take better pictures" for the auction.

Why would you do that. I mean...seriously.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 12:35:54 PM »
Remind me the time I got a breyer on a bubble wrap enveloppe...
Somethimes buyers didn't thinks twice when packing, that's hard for the customer. Sorry.

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 12:45:19 PM »
I'm always sad when I see a listing for something that says item removed from packaging so I could get pictures as I love to get items that are still preserved in their original package especially if they are hard to find toys or dolls that don't have many examples left stil in their packages. Recently I bought a small plush from EBay. The seller just wrapped it in a thin bag (no bubble wrap or protective stuff) and by the time it arrived there was already a hole ripped in the bag and I could see the plush. Luckily it wasn't damaged though.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 03:41:16 PM »
 :angry: What?! I hope you give that seller an earful! They ought to know better!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 07:42:18 PM »
:shocked: :nuts:

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 08:43:40 PM »
Yikes. D:

I've been involved in buying and selling for other hobbies for years, so I'm always really careful about shipping things out because of the horror stories I heard. One involved someone's partner mistaking packing material for a garbage bag, so the parcel arrived with a moulded, wet orange peel inside.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 12:39:14 AM »
Egads!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Baby_Lemondrop

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 06:20:16 AM »
The stupidity of sellers never cease to amaze me.

Had a pony wrapped in a plastic bag then wrapped with brown packing tape. Hard. Like you could see the contours of the pony. Was not easy getting it open without damaging the pony.

Tho I'm ashamed to admit I've been guilty of not packing properly too, back when I first started collecting and buying/selling pony stuff. Shipped two of this crown to a buyer in the US (I'm in Europe), and stupid me didn't think they needed a box. Shipped them in a padded envelope. Yeah, they didn't arrive whole :]
|Click if you dare...|

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 10:00:10 AM »
=/

The rule of thumb I like to follow is that if you couldn't kick your package down a flight of stairs without damaging it, it's not ready to send. I hope you get some kind of refund.
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
=/

The rule of thumb I like to follow is that if you couldn't kick your package down a flight of stairs without damaging it, it's not ready to send. I hope you get some kind of refund.

That is a great way of putting it. Because you know that's how the postal people are basically treating it. I watched a post collection at one of the London post offices once, while waiting to be served, and they just chucked everything into this trolley up to about six or seven feet, not looking to see if anything was fragile or anything like that. I actively winced.

I did have someone send me MIP ponies loose in a box with "plush toys" as packing. I actually thought the plush toys were a mistake that a kid had put in, so I asked the seller, and they said they'd sold it for a friend who'd packed it and that apparently they'd done it on purpose, so there you go. Plush toys as packaging. One way to get rid of unwanted toys.

They were in good condition so we donated them to the local charity shop. Hopefully they now have a home with some kids. Fortunately the MIP ponies arrived intact, more or less, although Spring Song's bubble is more or less gone under her hooves. I wasn't buying the lot for her, though, so I let it go. If it had been Tic Tac Toe, that would have been different. But fortunately she was fine.

Also not MLP but it seems to be a common disease among ebay Monster High sellers that one layer of binliner around two dolls squashed together will do. That doesn't go well with a letterbox flap. I have one doll with a dodgy hip, and I don't know if it was the letterbox that did it or if it was an existing flaw...

I think sometimes people really need to think before they ship.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:08:47 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 05:02:01 AM »
The stupid - it hurts :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:
been there and gone through that kind of thing myself and read other similar horror stories here :sad:  Every time I wonder if the seller has any brain cells at all. I mean seriously? like its gonna get through the post safely like that? :yikes:
I do hope that you contacted the seller about it? :what:  and I'm so sorry you got a seller that had no idea how to wrap securely :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal