collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I found a G1 Pony in a Charity Shop Today!  (Read 2283 times)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I found a G1 Pony in a Charity Shop Today!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 02:11:24 AM »
Great pony - I love Posey! And so awesome that you found her in a charity shop, that must have been so exciting  :)

Wow, that's a really great find. Especially with the pink hair, and even more so since she is the European Posey with darker symbols from 86, which makes her just a tad harder to find than regular pale tulip Posey. I don't think I have ever seen a loose magenta tulip one with pink hair, that's how hard it is to find one o.o. I'm really glad she ended up in collector hands.

That is interesting Taffeta: I did not realise she was so hard to find?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 02:31:04 AM »
Great pony - I love Posey! And so awesome that you found her in a charity shop, that must have been so exciting  :)

Wow, that's a really great find. Especially with the pink hair, and even more so since she is the European Posey with darker symbols from 86, which makes her just a tad harder to find than regular pale tulip Posey. I don't think I have ever seen a loose magenta tulip one with pink hair, that's how hard it is to find one o.o. I'm really glad she ended up in collector hands.

It's more the combination of the fact Posey fades so easily coupled with the fact the magenta one is less common generally because she's a second release of a popular pony. Rarity is a relative term when dealing with Posey and Cherries Jubilee but the 2nd release versions of both are harder to find. Posey just becomes more complicated because most Poseys seem to have faded :/ I don't think that it makes her especially expensive as a pony, but definitely more difficult to find.

She is easier to spot than the 2nd release Cherries Jubilee though xD.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 04:32:38 AM »
Thank you everyone for the lovely comments! I didn't realise that the magenta tulip one was a different version, that's exciting though, makes her that bit more special. I actually went back to the same charity shop a couple of days later, just incase. I found two Lemondrops, a Tootsie and Majesty! I don't need any of them but couldn't leave them there, and they need a bit of a clean up compared to Posey, so at £1 each I saved them all!

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 05:04:55 AM »
That's awesome, congrats! :)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 08:10:14 AM »
Thank you everyone for the lovely comments! I didn't realise that the magenta tulip one was a different version, that's exciting though, makes her that bit more special. I actually went back to the same charity shop a couple of days later, just incase. I found two Lemondrops, a Tootsie and Majesty! I don't need any of them but couldn't leave them there, and they need a bit of a clean up compared to Posey, so at £1 each I saved them all!

Hooray! What an awesome shop! Who knows who you will find there next...?  :frolic:

Post Merge: June 23, 2017, 08:14:38 AM

It's more the combination of the fact Posey fades so easily coupled with the fact the magenta one is less common generally because she's a second release of a popular pony. Rarity is a relative term when dealing with Posey and Cherries Jubilee but the 2nd release versions of both are harder to find. Posey just becomes more complicated because most Poseys seem to have faded :/ I don't think that it makes her especially expensive as a pony, but definitely more difficult to find.

She is easier to spot than the 2nd release Cherries Jubilee though xD.

Thank you! This raises more questions for me re: Cherries Jubilee, however I will start a thread on that - this isn't the right place  :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:14:38 AM by NightGliderSA »

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 08:42:05 AM »
Thank you everyone for the kind comments! I don't need the other ponies I found for my collection, so I've listed them on eBay for what I bought them for if anyone is interested. There's 2 Lemondrops, Majesty and Tootsie. Hopefully a collector out there is looking for some of these!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182634556980?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 08:46:29 PM »
She is a gorgeous find!! Congrats.

PS - those cat dolls are just GORG!!!

Offline Carebearnmbr46

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 10:43:32 PM »
Nice find, especially since she's the version with dark pink tulips!  And her hair is still pretty nice too.  Maybe you could try repinking it?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal