collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What else do you collect?  (Read 9850 times)

Offline Rarityfan2011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What else do you collect?
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2017, 02:46:21 AM »
I was born in 1973 and I collect vinyls, VHS and music cassettes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »
I collect...
Flyers/magazine adverts for my favourite bands
Dolphins (a mixture of plushes and ornaments)
Candle holders
Little wooden boats
Vintage Penguin paperbacks (mostly from the 60s and 70s)
Books about interior design from the 70s and 80s
and novelty earrings!

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2017, 11:37:30 AM »
I don't really actively collect anything besides mlp anymore (are dream beauties included here?). But! I am looking for some replacements for childhood favorites that went missing- the horses from Princess Guinevere and the Jewel Riders, some of the Fantasy Fillies, a few of the origional littlest pet shop sets, a few Breyers (like the halloween ones), and there are certainly some polly pocket and starcastle sets that I would snap up if I came across them!
Oh and I also recently saw that thread about Grand Champions.... I will definitely be collecting the microminis if I can get my hands on them :frolic:

Post Merge: September 01, 2017, 11:44:11 AM

I'm a serious Harry Potter collector! I especially love the old stuff, pre-2003 and before the films got popular and changed Harry's and many others' designs. The "vintage" Enesco branded stuff is my favourite <3

I just googled that and oh my goodness, NOSTALGIA. I remember having a miniature hogwarts castle which had tiny figurines of the different characters... I had quite a bit of fun playing with that.

Breyers are so pretty and I have quite a large collection that was gifted to me/ bought in antique shops but you are right, it's just not so fun to collect something which is so expensive and fragile!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:44:11 AM by alaskaallie »

Offline sangeeth

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awpasl.org/
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2017, 09:55:23 PM »
I can't remember if I replied here before, but I collect Michael Jackson memorabilia and pretty much nothing else these days!

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2017, 05:17:20 AM »
I've got a small collection of Weird Al merchandise. So far there's a Funko Cheese Sandwich, a Cheese blindbag, a Mandatory Fun tour flag and a Weird Al action figure on top of my dresser. Also I've got four of his CD albums and I preordered his complete collection. Comes in a sweet accordion shaped box.

Spoiler

First concert I went to, I don't regret it one bit. Amazing performance.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline pawpatrolbab

• Power Puff Pony
  • Never be afraid to be yourself
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2017, 08:18:51 PM »
Sylvanian Families, Beatrix Potter merchandise, Furbies / merchandise, Build-A-Bears, Jurassic Park merchandise, Alien (the film) merchandise
🌈Wordpress Blog: https://natescoloringbook.wordpress.com/
✨Tumblr Blog: https://crayoncritter.tumblr.com/
I don't have much of a collection anymore due to immigrating but I hope to bring my trade score up so I can participate in the future! Always open and looking to make friends with fellow adults 💙 Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2017, 08:34:44 PM »
I collect so much stuff!  I generally have 1-2 major collections, and an unlimited number of minor ones going at any given time.  Ponies have been a major collection for a solid 20+ years, and the secondary major collection has shifted a bit from time to time.  The rest of my collections tend to be active in spurts, some more frequent than others.
I like to joke that I collect collections:p
^This describes me pretty well, too. A lot of my collections I don't actively add to (unless I see something I want inexpensive in a thrift store -- not unlikely since most are old toys). In addition to ponies (of course!) I have almost all of my childhood collections of toys (like G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Grand Champions, and Beanie Babies) and some collections that I add to more actively (Tokidoki Unicornos and Little Pretties come to mind)!

Offline Rainshower

• McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2017, 02:45:36 PM »
I mostly collect my little pony from all four generations, But my other toy collections that I am actively collecting at the moment are Grand Champions/model horses, 12in sized fashion dolls, mini figures. My non toy collections that I add to once and awhile are pins, coins, cosplay and craft supplies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2017, 09:36:52 AM »
I realize that I collect crafting supplies!  It may be my biggest collection, lol 

Once in a while, I even make crafty stuff!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2017, 09:59:36 AM »
thanks for this thread!

the shelfs have morphed so not just MLP any longer! Now included in the gang are novi-MH mash-ups, zelfs and those tokidoki unicornos and mermicornos :-)

oh, and I forgot there are a ton of litttle pet friends hanging about here, so yeah, fun time on the shelves

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline firestar0629

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • The Half Blood Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2017, 09:59:16 PM »
I don't really actively collect anything besides mlp anymore (are dream beauties included here?). But! I am looking for some replacements for childhood favorites that went missing- the horses from Princess Guinevere and the Jewel Riders, some of the Fantasy Fillies, a few of the origional littlest pet shop sets, a few Breyers (like the halloween ones), and there are certainly some polly pocket and starcastle sets that I would snap up if I came across them!
Oh and I also recently saw that thread about Grand Champions.... I will definitely be collecting the microminis if I can get my hands on them :frolic:

I'm a serious Harry Potter collector! I especially love the old stuff, pre-2003 and before the films got popular and changed Harry's and many others' designs. The "vintage" Enesco branded stuff is my favourite <3

I just googled that and oh my goodness, NOSTALGIA. I remember having a miniature hogwarts castle which had tiny figurines of the different characters... I had quite a bit of fun playing with that.

Breyers are so pretty and I have quite a large collection that was gifted to me/ bought in antique shops but you are right, it's just not so fun to collect something which is so expensive and fragile!

I actually have the set you’re referring to! It needs some work to get the motor running again and it’s missing couple pieces (including Snape, which breaks my heart) but I love it! They also made 6 other sets, five of which I have. They made the Burrow, Hagrid’s Hut, the quidditch pitch, the Whomping Willow, the forbidden corridor, and the hogwarts express. I have all of them but the corridor!  :biggrin:

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2017, 02:55:49 AM »
I actually found one of my grail books in a charity store! Oh boy the excitement! And the price was R10-00, so less than a dollar. Even better  :biggrin:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2017, 03:31:37 AM »
Interesting read :)

I collect (besides MLP not too actively):

MLP (G1-G4, merchandise, very selected fakies)
Pokemon items (games and selectend merch and cards)
Build a Bear plushies
Comicbooks (selected older stuff, 70th-90th)

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2017, 06:12:10 AM »

I actually have the set you’re referring to! It needs some work to get the motor running again and it’s missing couple pieces (including Snape, which breaks my heart) but I love it! They also made 6 other sets, five of which I have. They made the Burrow, Hagrid’s Hut, the quidditch pitch, the Whomping Willow, the forbidden corridor, and the hogwarts express. I have all of them but the corridor!  :biggrin:

Oh man I had completely forgotten about the amazingness that is 90s toys... sooo many cool miniatures. I had no idea there were all those other sets as well!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2017, 06:20:28 AM »
I usually stick to ponies, but I do have some of the Build-a-Bear Pokemon plush and some tomy figures.
I used to get Unicornos as well, but they're pretty expensive compared to ponies!

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal