collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What else do you collect?  (Read 9781 times)

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: What else do you collect?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 05:56:02 PM »
Lady lovely locks, care bears, vintage makeup compacts, vintage/vintage style purses, earrings clip and pierced, brooches, vintage/vintage style jewelry(I tend to love anything with an Aurora borealis stone), carnival glass, jewelry with star fish sea horses or shells, Disney (sleeping beauty/Aurora/briar rose, Ariel,Belle,jasmine), enamel pins (themes include sailor moon, mlp, Tina from Bob's burgers, Disney,mermaids)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2017, 06:18:45 AM »
Woodwind and brass instruments!

It didn't start as a collection for me. In fact it wasn't until just about exactly two years ago that I went into a 'collecting' mindset. For by then I was convinced I would never return to school (for music or otherwise) and started going wild just buying whatever I wanted.

Spoiler
My woodwind collection minus the oboe I play on and another late 19th/early 20th century oboe I found:

In terms of brass, I have two trumpets, a cornet, a French horn, and a trombone.

I probably would have more. I would certainly have an English horn, and I would probably have some form of Early music woodwind by now, but I went back to school, putting the collection on hold.

|My Collection|

Offline Baby_Lemondrop

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2017, 06:46:07 AM »
Anime figures, especially Sword Art Online<3
|Click if you dare...|

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2017, 06:49:09 AM »
I have too much stuff.
things im activly collecting atm .

Legend of Zelda
- amiibos , toysfigures , games books, pins, cards , anything zelda really!

horror
nightmare on elm street items ,  gremlins items , Aliens items
figures  , appeal , pins , books etc.

pokemon
cards , pins , games, plushies

fakies!
i think I now have more fakies then all gen ponies combined
i look for weird or quirky fakies

books
I have a lot of reference type books  on the animals i keep and breed
mostly books on pythons and other reptiles .

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2017, 09:40:39 AM »

It didn't start as a collection for me. In fact it wasn't until just about exactly two years ago that I went into a 'collecting' mindset. For by then I was convinced I would never return to school (for music or otherwise) and started going wild just buying whatever I wanted.

Spoiler
My woodwind collection minus the oboe I play on and another late 19th/early 20th century oboe I found:

In terms of brass, I have two trumpets, a cornet, a French horn, and a trombone.

I probably would have more. I would certainly have an English horn, and I would probably have some form of Early music woodwind by now, but I went back to school, putting the collection on hold.

Out of curiosity, do you plan on getting your hands on a tuba? :P
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2017, 10:22:29 AM »
Rocks
Brass Animals
Bones and animal hides
Fox figurines
Lucky cats
Sailor Moon Stuff
Legend of Zelda Stuff
Bioshock Stuff
Pokemon Figures
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 10:25:35 AM by UrocyonFox »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2017, 10:23:27 AM »
Dolls
Jem, fashion dolls (Integrity, and a few Kingdom Dolls, and one or two Sybarites), a few BJDs and art dolls, I also have most of the Novi Stars...

Craft supplies...

Art? Including art ponies, painted clay sculptures of Steven Universe, artist-painted vinyl figures,

Vinyl
Like Unicornos, Funko vinyls, Tokidoki, rement...

I have older packed up collections that I still love but rarely display like Rainbow Brite, Brazil Strawberry Shortcake, Moondreamers.. some other 80s dolls...

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2017, 01:14:44 PM »

Spoiler

Out of curiosity, do you plan on getting your hands on a tuba? :P

I suppose, why not? =P

The only problem is that all of my instruments (aside from my current oboe, which I play for college) are left at home with my parents, since they think it's too risky to have anything at my apartment. So if I got a tuba, it'd be really large and would take up a lot of space. My parents would probably hate me for that. lol

|My Collection|

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2017, 01:27:31 PM »
The action figure/doll discussion reminded me that I have a few Japanese dolls and I think they are dolls in the Japanese sense of the word. One is Genjou Sanzou from Saiyuuki, and two are from Sotsugyou M. All have rooted hair, and are poseable but not super articulated. Sanzou is considered a limited collector item, the other two...no idea. Just dolls I think. That is a sort of subcollection, I suppose...I have two pullip dolls, as well. Nomado and...the one in the kimono who is beautiful and still in her box because she is beautiful.

But on the terminology, this made me remember that the japanese word for doll is "ningyou". The Japanese word for puppet is also ningyou. The Japanese for action figure...is sometimes ningyou (and sometimes akushon fuigyaa, but that's just awkward to both spell and say). The word 人形 Ningyou literally means 'human figure' and so seems to cover all categories. Japan are also much more into "figures" than maybe the west (at least, my impression was that way), which may explain it.

So I wonder if the distinction is a western thing. Are those separations in other languages? I know a few words for dolls in other languages but never thought about this before.

I also have a small accidental collection of musical instruments, some of which I used to play. I have the clarinet from my childhood which my grandfather bought me and my violin, both of which I learned as a child but the clarinet was my favourite. I have a bunch of recorders as well. And a flute, which I feel guilty about, because I never quite got around to learning to play it yet. Oh yes, and a guitar. Everyone in my family has a guitar. It's a passion of my father's, so it's sort of a rule. We all have a guitar. Even if we don't play it.

I would love to have a shamisen O.O. I got to play one in Japan and it was so much better than a guitar...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 01:29:30 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2017, 01:35:49 PM »
Transformers(Bayverse and Robots In Disguise)
American Girl
Disney(Moana and Alice in Wonderland)
Books

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2017, 09:27:09 AM »
Books, books and books. I have absolutely no will power when it comes to books, particularly children's books. Which isn't quite as bad as it sounds: I do have two young kids and they love books too. But I absolutely love vintage children's books. The illustrations are just too fascinating.

I also collect stone / ceramic animals which live in my garden.

I still have my Barbies horses from childhood and a few of the toy hoses I played with then, but I am not actively looking to add to that collection at the moment.

Ponies are definitely my main collection though.

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2017, 06:33:21 PM »
I collect:

Disney misc.
Breyers
Horses
Unicorns
Amiibos
Legend of Zelda
Farm stuff (decorating)
Plants

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 10:25:02 AM »
Next to ponies, model horses are my main passion. I have over a 100 models :)
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

clonecommander

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 11:11:24 AM »
Okay... As my username betrays my main 'collection' (I've gathered over 120 clone troopers and NO, they are not all the same), Breyer model horses (I have a herd of..........I think 200). HotWheels Corvettes as chances are slim of me getting enough money to buy a real one. Dragon figures (McFarlane, HTTYD, and so on) are another collection that started with just one figure. Both Gen 1 (Mata-verse) and Gen 2 Lego Bionicles.

However........I have one collection that I thought would never, ever happen. McFarlane Halo figures! I've got the version of Master Chief from the newest game plus Kat and Emile from Reach. That tiny collection started because McFarlane lost the rights to Halo, and my local Walgreens was clearing out the figures as a result. The last one there, with a thick coat of dust on the package was Master Chief, who for under 4 dollars, came home with me... I'm blaming that part of my interests on my best friend who introduced me to Halo and RvB.........

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2017, 06:22:46 PM »
I only collect Breyer horses. I can not afford to collect much else.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal