collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What else do you collect?  (Read 9783 times)

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What else do you collect?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 06:42:20 AM »
So many toys lol. I can't keep track of them all so I keep the list on my profile lol. I think it's actually missing a few now though. I haven't updated in awhile.

American Girl (select)
  • Kirsten
  • Felicity
  • Josefina
  • Addie
  • Kaya
  • Julie
  • Wellie Wishers
Barbie (select)
  • Hula Hair
  • Jewel Hair Mermaid
  • Some one off princesses
  • A couple horses
Carpatina (Fantasy Adventures)
Disney Palace Pets
Dreamie Sweets
FairyWinkles
Kitty Kitty Kittens
Lion King - Jungle Friend Babies
Littlest Pet Shop - 90s
Lolirock
Magic Attic Club
Merwees
Melanie's Mall
Mimi and the Goo Goos
Miss Party Surprise
My Magic Genies
Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders
Punzels
Secret Keepins
Sky Dancers
Tea Bunnies
Tenko and the Guardians of Magic - COMPLETE :D

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 06:51:23 AM »
rocks.
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 07:19:04 AM »
Littlest Pet Shop toys!  :biggrin:  I've run out of G4 MLP to collect for the time being, so I've moved my focus to buying Littlest Pet Shops - mostly the G2 pets, but some G4's as well :3

I have other collections (or sort-of collections), but I consider them to be complete  :satisfied:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature by LordBlumiere

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 08:17:34 AM »
I collect.. collections. XD The simplest way to put it would prolly be to say I'm a toy collector, I guess. I collect:

- Sylvanian Families (Calico Critters), used to be my main collection but I've slowed down on them in the last few years (partly since I've got all/most of what I wanted and also because the newer ones leave a lot to be desired >.>)
- Dolls (Monster High, some EAH, Pinkie Cooper, Novi Stars, some Azone PureNeemos, Catwalk Kitties, misc anime dolls, misc anthro dolls)
- Ojamajo Doremi merch (mostly dolls/figures)
- Littlest Pet Shop (G2/G3; only actively collecting G3 though)
- misc anime/cartoon/video game/etc figures
- Schleich animals
- Beanie Babies (childhood collection, plus I pick up any nice ones that I see at charity shops and don't already have)
- Tsum Tsum plushies (I have a few of the blind bags but I'm trying to just get the ones I really like, don't want to go overboard with those as well ^^;;;)
- YooHoo and Friends plushies (mostly done with these, nowhere near me sells them any more :( Plus a lot of the newer ones don't really do it for me.)
- Zelfs (have a few, enough to call it a collection, not looking for any others tho)
- Aristocats merch, mostly plushies (childhood collection, mostly a retired collection tho I do pick up the odd thing here and there)
- Broken headphones :P

I think that about covers it XD

I have some others, but I'm not actively them now....unless you count action figs as dolls!

That's actually an interesting conversation to have. My honest opinion is that action figures are dolls, simply renamed so that it's more acceptable in society's eyes for boys to play with them. :P This is my opinion purely because I haven't heard anyone be able to articulate the exact definition of "action figures" versus "dolls" that there aren't counterexamples for.

Hm.. the way I always saw it is, if they have removable clothes then they're a doll, if their clothes are molded on then they're an action figure. If that makes sense.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 09:07:22 AM »
I've also moved away from ponies a bit (mostly because nothing has been new and my pony room is pretty unorganized at the moment).

I collect:
-Anything Sailor Moon, Madoka Magica, One Piece, Kirby, Pokemon, Eeyore
-Misc. video game merch
-Tokidoki Unicornos
-Funko POP! figures
-Nendoroid figures
-Beanie Boos
-Anything with unicorns
-Zelfs
-Num Noms
-Workout headbands. This one sounds silly, I know, but I think I can consider this a collection since I have about 20 different ones. I always have a different one to wear when I workout, haha.
-Squishables. This is my newest collection. I went from one Squishable plush to about... 6 or 7 now. They're huge and take up all the space but it's worth it. :lol:
-Purses/handbags. Also a silly one, but I've lost count of the different ones I have. I especially love weird and quirky ones...like, I just ordered a crossbody purse that's in the shape of a hamburger with fries on the side.
-Leggings. Yes, this definitely counts as a collection because I own over 40 pairs. Mostly Lularoe, but I'm good with anything that fits. I wear leggings all year round and the wackier the print, the better.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 09:19:27 AM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 09:08:43 AM »
I collect Monster High dolls (still missing some of the originals, only collected one new Draculaura doll, for the head)

Ever After High dolls (when they're articulated and don't have painted on tops or trousers)

Five Nights at Freddy's merch (books, Funkos, bag, hat)

Pokemon (Games minus the switch games, figures, cards, plushes)

PS4 games (too much to say in a list)

PS3 games (same reasons as PS4 games)

PS2 games (Same as the other two)

PS One games (my favourites from my childhood)

Blur Rays and DVDs ( too many to count)

Manga

Funko Pops (Disney, Anime, Game)

MY Little Pony Funkos (just only going to collect my favourites)

Barbies (90s and the newer ones that are articulated)

Ever After High, Barbie Chelsea friends, Monster High dolls for customs (two boxes full, third box still empty only has six dolls in)

Disney Descendants dolls

Disney Store dolls (can't wait for the new deluxe doll set, as I've only got Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast doll set)

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2017, 09:12:11 AM »
Oh gosh, better question is what don't I collect...

Lego
Pokemon
Board Games
Art Supplies (ssh it counts.  I buy far more than I use.)
Dinosaurs
Schleich
Masters of the Universe / She-Ra
Video Games
Wargame Miniatures / Scenery

Have collections of but don't actively seek out:
Keypers
Lady Lovely Locks
Krystonia
Plushies
Rainbow Brite
Care Bears
Marbles
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2017, 09:12:29 AM »
I used to collect a lot more things but stopped a lot of them because of space. When the carboot sale used to be a heaven of 1980s toys I had a lot of stuff, but most of it I have now sold on.

I collect MLP (duh), Jem and Monster High (with a few EAH dolls). MH is literally whatever I fancy adding, not fussed about rarity or mint or boxed dolls. I like picking up second hand ones, and if I can fix their hair and it isn't gunky, then all to the good.

I also have quite a lot of owls. I don't think it's a formal collection as such, but they have rather congregated.

And I suppose lately, thanks to being in Japan, I started collecting weird memorabilia that relates to my study area. When they make a Hello Kitty version of two famous historical figures from your research field, what are you gonna do? So yeah. That's a growing oddball collection which thus far consists of several straps and keychains, one weird Hello Kitty Yoshitsune flannel, a Taira helmet, a Taira and Minamoto clay bell, a figure of Yoshitsune, and a couple of insanely odd drama CDs that try to turn the Genpei War into High School.

I wish I had more space to collect more things. But I don't. So there we are.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 09:33:20 AM »
Hm.. the way I always saw it is, if they have removable clothes then they're a doll, if their clothes are molded on then they're an action figure. If that makes sense.

That's an interesting one that I haven't heard before! Unfortunately it's easily disproven; plenty of smaller/budget dolls will have molded-on clothing simply because it's cheaper and/or easier for little hands to deal with. The EAH budget dolls have molded bodices if I'm not mistaken, and here are some vintage toys that have entirely molded clothes but are decidedly more on the "doll" side of things:

Spoiler
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2017, 09:40:07 AM »
Other than ponies I don't really have any other "strict" collections, but I like to collect a lot of things. I do collect Fairy Tail Birds, but I kind of consider them part of my pony collection. Other stuff I like to hoard would be:

- T-shirts (band shirts and T-shirts with prints I like)
- Jewellery (especially gothic and celtic jewellery)
- Homeware (like little decorative things)

I also collect cat hair, even though I'm not asking for it. XD

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2017, 10:15:01 AM »

That's an interesting one that I haven't heard before! Unfortunately it's easily disproven; plenty of smaller/budget dolls will have molded-on clothing simply because it's cheaper and/or easier for little hands to deal with. The EAH budget dolls have molded bodices if I'm not mistaken, and here are some vintage toys that have entirely molded clothes but are decidedly more on the "doll" side of things:

Spoiler

Plus EAH sometimes have no articulation. Plus Daring Charming has painted trousers and shoes on.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2017, 10:42:21 AM »
It really is an interesting discussion! From what I've heard, the term action figure was coined by Hasbro when they came out with G.I. Joe because they didn't want to scare boys away from their new line. But there was a G.I. Joe nurse - totally doll-like, just in the Joe line. And nowadays 1/6 scale figures have fabric/removable clothing, sometimes rooted hair. So why is Hot Toy's Pepper Potts
Spoiler
an action figure while Integrity's Imogen
Spoiler
a doll? Maybe it's realism vs. stylized? But not all action figures are realistic either.

I agree with you though CSwift, they are basically the same thing. It's just gender coding! Calling them action figures just makes them sound cooler or more legitimate or something, I guess.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2017, 12:08:17 PM »
model horses
rocks/crystals
weapons
skylanders
amiibo
videogame merch
transformers
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2017, 04:06:27 PM »

Spoiler

I was going to clarify "removable clothes + brushable hair = doll" but then I remembered most boy dolls have plastic hair, lol.. I also specifically put "removable clothes" instead of "fabric clothes" because of what you pointed out, those budget EAH dolls - yeah, their shirts are molded on, but their skirts are still removable, right? They never made it over here so I'm just going off photos, so sorry if I'm wrong about that, lol.

No idea why that Pepper Potts is an "action figure" though, I'd call her a doll, too..

Bright rabbit 1 - I never said articulation = doll ;) IMO as long as they have movable arms and/or legs then they're a doll, if they're completely static (I think that's the word I'm looking for?)/unmovable then they're a figure. But that's going off-topic a bit, haha.

Anyway, I just said that was *my* take on it (I was generalizing a bit anyway admittedly, since I didn't want to go off on a tangent), I wasn't trying to start up a debate about it. -shrug-

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2017, 04:57:13 PM »
In the "my little pony" I'm only into G1 and actual mane 6 characters...
Add:
-Model Horse, who's my current main collection.
-Appaloosa Horses (in all brand, toys, plushies)
-Manga's/Anime/Game figures, but I've reduced a lot (no money, no space for all)
-Books. Books, everywhere :)

And that's pretty much all, but enough for me.

Blog / Facebook Page

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal