collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What else do you collect?  (Read 9968 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What else do you collect?
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2017, 07:15:36 PM »
For me that is moon dreamers, antiques children's books, I have quite a few, and plush that strike my fancy.

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2017, 09:13:49 PM »
Bratz dolls - currently my 'main' collection at the moment

Monster High dolls- I have a lot but I have long since completely stopped collecting/buying.

Novi Stars dolls

a few Barbies from the 90s-2000s

just one or a few of various other brand dolls (Strawberry Shortcake, Project Mc2, Cutie Pops, Winx, Juku Couture, La Dee Da, Moondreamers, Kurhn)

I have several robot/mech figures- most of it is Transformers mostly due to them being the least expensive+easiest to find+they have female characters, but I just recently bought my very first Super Robot Chogokin and I plan to buy another one next month.

I also recently bought several Bleeding Edge Goths dolls.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:16:37 PM by mlly »

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2017, 09:36:34 PM »
Other than ponies I have a few collections/assortments of things.

I wouldn't say I collect Monster High dolls, I like them and have quite a few but I don't focus on them. I have a lot of Iron Man toys, and other Marvel figures (including Hot Toys), Puppy in my Pocket, Hatchimal Colleggtibles (only the beginning with a tight leash on quantity), Little Live Pets... Pinkie Cooper dolls, gosh they're adorable, I have them all and I'd still be collecting more if there were more to collect... Nintendo Amiibo (only a handful), plushies... anything cute that catches my eye really lol. :blush:

Sweetie Pups is really where it's at for me besides My Little Ponies right now.

:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline beajjai033

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • "It will all be worth it in the end."
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2017, 06:14:03 AM »
I collect the ff:

Pullips
mini hamster figures and plushies
the Dog plushies from Mcdonald's
and
mini anime figures (from my favorite anime movies/series) and other cute and useful items

~ :heart:

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2017, 08:01:11 AM »
While ponies are my main addiction jam... you'd find a little bit of everything in my room. Some stuff could be considered an actual collection while other stuff is random and kind of one-off things that are the result of them catching my interest and me dipping my toe in to see if I'd like them and buy more of them or not.

My biggest collection of non-pony stuff would have to be Monster High. Even though I try to limit myself to one doll per character, I still think I have around 15 to 20 of them. Other dolls that you'll see (of varying numbers) are Ever After High, Disney, American Girl, DC Super Hero Girls, and Living Dead Dolls.

I have one of those plastic drawers where I keep my Littlest Pet Shop, Zelfs, MLP mini figures, and random Monster High accessories in. On top of the drawer is my little shrine collection of Elsa merch. Right now it consists of a Build a Bear, two dolls, a few POP! figures, a couple dog tags, and a Tsum Tsum.

Other things in my room include: a wide range of plush toys, a frame of taxidermy butterflies, Five Nights at Freddy's figures, a reborn doll, Shopkins, Transformers, and tons of other stuff I probably don't need.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2017, 05:58:08 AM »
Juuuuust saying, there are signups for an 'other collection swap' going on right now, if anyone wanted to increase any of their collections. ;)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2017, 06:07:11 AM »
In general, I collect cute/kawaii things. :)

I have the cutest alpacasso army. 1 of every pastel color, lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2017, 08:32:52 AM »
Sanrio and Pokemon, especially plushes but I get other merch of these things as well

I also have a small collection of Di Gi Charat merchandise, but I don't get DGC merch very often as that's something where I always have to get second hand items off of eBay/Amazon.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline AnWren

• Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • Ren - 18 - he/him - I collect G3's (not a brony)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2017, 10:10:39 PM »
I guess I sort of collect ocean/beach related stuff? I always make sure to pick up shells and sea glass and whatnot whenever I'm at the beach, and I love cute decorative pieces to do with sea creatures. Other than that, I wouldn't say I "collect" it but I have waaayy too much Tokyo Ghoul merch  :blush:

Offline Tiny_Bubbles

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Safety lights are for dudes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2017, 09:24:40 AM »
vintage Strawberry Shortcake dolls and pets
Pullips
Books
Monster High
yarn - I do use it to knit with, but my stash is growing!

Edited to add:
I should probably also add vintage silverplate/sterling, certain patterns of Fostoria glass, and Hutschenreuther Richeliu china (my grandmother's pattern).  :D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:01:43 AM by Tiny_Bubbles »

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2017, 09:56:42 AM »
My little pony
Care bears
Jem and the holograms
Rainbow brite
Strawberry shortcake
Popples
Pizza hut glasses from the 80s
Vinal Records

Anything 80s..
:accomplished:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2017, 03:01:24 PM »
I think it may be easier to answer, "what don't you collect" :lol: .  I have so many different collections whether I actively collect them, just have them, or just grab them when I find them if the price is right.  Almost all collections are linked to childhood nostalgia or memories.

-MLP G1-G4: toys and merch
-Monster High: I have a big collection of G1 dolls and a few from G2.  My interest has been waning due to the reboot.
-Ever After High dolls: Have collected since the beginning but not actively collecting anymore due to the many changes in quality, etc.
-Disney stuff (Princesses, vintage items of favorite movies, especially Sleeping Beauty which is my favorite, Disney dolls (Mattel, Disney Store, Descendants), have most of my Disney stuff from childhood such as playsets, and read-along-books, the larger storybooks, Golden Books, Fairy Tale books, quite a few paperdoll books of the princesses, and current merch too, movies, etc. etc. etc.)
-Specific Barbie stuff that I had or wanted as a kid if I happen to come across it.  I was never really into Barbie but I do remember some commercials and wanting what was in them.  I do still have the dolls I had as a kid too but unfortunately not any of the playsets.
-Strawberry Shortcake Merch, plush, doll pets, PVC minis, and movies/episodes.  I really really want the Strawberry Shortcake Meets the Berrykins movie
-Care Bears: PVC minis, merch, vintage plush, and episodes/movies
-Rainbow Brite: merch, PVC minis, vintage plush, episodes/movies, and I want some of the new retro stuff but it's expensive.  I got a Starlight Itty Bitty.
-Carnival glass in the grape and leaf pattern by Indiana Glass Co.  The blue is my favorite.
-Glasses: cartoons, Disney, Kentucky Derby, etc
-Grand Champions, Enchanted Kingdom Horses, Breyers: I have my childhood collection and I grab them occasionally when I find them second hand
-Vintage LPS: I have all the ones from my childhood and collect pieces here and there of ones I am missing
-Kitchen Littles: I have my childhood collection and don't seek them.  I have only seen them on eBay though anyway.  I had all the bigger pieces but the super market.  I have the refrigerator, counter with sink, oven, and kitchen island
-Beanie Babies: kept a few from my huge childhood collection and sold the rest
-Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power: I saved all the ones I could find of my cousins' in the trailer house that my parents used to live in when they were first married, and later was a hang-out for my older cousins.  It is now basically falling apart and is a hazard.  The things I saved are a mess and still need a good cleaning.  Unfortunately, the MotU castles my brothers had, my mom got rid of instead of sending them to my grammas with the rest of them so I am missing the snake castle.
-Vintage dollhouse pieces from Playskool, Mattel, and Little Tykes: I have my childhood pieces and pick more up second hand.  I had the chance to purchase the Mattel pink Victorian dollhouse that I wanted sooooo bad as a kid (I got a homemade wooden dollhouse instead of a storebought one) and I passed because it was $50 and didn't think I should spend the money at the time.  Now, I regret it, especially since they don't show up in good condition often and it had a tone of accessories
-Fisher Price Fun with Food sets and Little Tykes "house" toys: I have all mine from childhood and pickup the food playsets I don't have if I find them.
-Blinky Bill toys: My gramma got me the school house and a bunch of figures from this, I believe on clearance.  I don't add to it but I still keep them.
-The Lion King Jungle Babies: I have the whole set from childhood
-Renaissance Festival pottery cups
-Children's books from my childhood: have mine and still pick them up like Bernstein Bears, Clifford, etc.
-Plush and dolls from childhood or wanted in childhood: Magic Nursery, etc.
-Scrapbooking supplies: been wanting to do more but don't have the space currently so it is all stored at my parents place
-American Girl dolls: I have Felicity, Elizabeth, Kirsten, Samantha, and Nellie.  Samantha was mine from childhood and thanks to my mom I have an almost complete set of hers.  The others I got when they were going to retire them.
-Movies, especially favorite series/TV shows
-Games from childhood: I have The Babysitters Club game (even though I never read the books, my cousin did and she had the game), Sweet Valley High (another cousin had this one), Herd Your Horses (looking again since my ex-husband would not return it to me.  He probably burned it, the jerk), Life (have a few versions, including G4 MLP), and Barbie Prom Queen game,  etc
-Cherry Merry Muffin, Cupcake dolls, My Pretty Mermaid
-Puppy/Kitty/Pony/Cub/Bunny Surprise

I know it looks/sounds like I am a hoarder but I promise it's not as bad as it sounds. I just was lucky enough to keep most of my childhood toys and rescue quite a bit from the trash as with the MotU/PoP. Most of these collections are either inactive, "complete"(don't want more), or only get added to if I happen across them.  One day either I hope to display many of them or present them to my pwn children with which to play. So sorry for length, I thank you if you stayed with me until the end!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:59:14 AM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Tiny_Bubbles

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2017, 09:02:27 AM »
Blue carnival glass is gorgeous! We just stayed in a B&B that had an amazing collection, and I was drooling.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2017, 10:18:49 AM »
Blue carnival glass is gorgeous! We just stayed in a B&B that had an amazing collection, and I was drooling.
Pictures?!

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Tiny_Bubbles

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2017, 02:57:17 PM »
I will see if my husband got any - we may have just taken nature photos though. Oops!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal