collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What else do you collect?  (Read 9779 times)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
What else do you collect?
« on: June 14, 2017, 05:06:10 PM »
I think I put this in the right place.  :)

While I love my pony collection, I collect a host of other things.  Right now, I've moved away from ponies and have been focusing on my other collections, including:

American Girl
Sylvanian/Calico Critters
Disney

But I also collect theatre memorabilia (playbills and such,) and anything else that I find interesting.

So...  what do you collect?  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: What else do you collect?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:19:34 PM »
Hrm, my list is ever changing.  But...

Lego
Ponies
Books...kind of!

Lego is the big thing, my kiddos are super into them.  ^.^.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Blue Haired Ken Doll

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • Always eat your vegetables young grasshopper ♡
    • View Profile
    • My Blog ♡
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 05:26:19 PM »
Polly pockets, moon dreamers, sanrio, and I wanna get ik to blythe really badly!
Ponies are still no.1 in my heart tho ♡
As for non toys I'm an avid makeup junkie
(ᵄ̴̶̷́ॢ ˙̮ ᵄ̴̶̷̀∗ॢ) ♡ Formerly known as Diamond Pony

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 05:34:58 PM »
I tend to have a collector mentality about a lot of things. Some of my collections include:
Other 80s girls toys (Rose Petal Place, Lady Lovely Locks, Little Pretties, etc)
Crystals
ABJD
Plushies
Stickers
Japanese fashion (yeah I tend to collect the clothes more than wear them haha)

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 05:57:57 PM »
Books
Pullips
Cat fur!
Some Penguin items

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 06:06:04 PM »
Model horses
Windstones
MH/EAH dolls - no longer active, really, haven't bought one in ages
Stuffed animals / Pokemon plush
And of course books/movies, haha

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 06:19:13 PM »
i am SUCH a collector, i gather up anything i can find and cram it all on tiny shelves. i collect:
planet of the apes merch/toys
bat plushies
cow plushies
anime figs
rocks/gems/bones
vintage glassware

and probably lots more...

wishlist

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 06:55:25 PM »
Blythe - I keep telling myself to stop because CWC's attitude towards their Western fans hasn't been the greatest, they're expensive and I'm running out of shelf space...and they manage to crumble my resolve every time...

BeGoths - I'm not a fan of all the characters, but I like enough of them to consider myself a collector! With their high-quality clothes and beautiful, unique facial screening, I think it's a huge shame that they didn't stick around for longer.

Furbies - I know a lot of people find them creepy, but I think that's part of what I like about them. I've always been attracted to things that straddle a fine line between sweet and unsettling, and I think Furby hits that mark really well.

Dolls that catch my interest in general, particularly rabbit-themed dolls

As for non-toy things, I make it a point to have at least one bow or hair accessory for every outfit. My head just feels naked if I don't. :P

"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 07:12:12 PM »
All my collections are toys! Most of my collections revolve around things from my childhood, during the late 90's and early 2000's.

Action figures - Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones
Super Mario figures/plush. Especially Yoshi! Other World of Nintendo things have snuck in as well, like Animal Crossing and Zelda.
Hamtaro figures/plush
Pokemon figures/plush
Dolls - I used to collect MH and Disney dolls, but those aren't active anymore. I have some others, but I'm not actively them now....unless you count action figs as dolls!
Stuffed animals - I like ones that are cute but realistic (not too stylized). I'm really picky about their faces!

Offline Cswift

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 08:03:55 PM »
I have some others, but I'm not actively them now....unless you count action figs as dolls!

That's actually an interesting conversation to have. My honest opinion is that action figures are dolls, simply renamed so that it's more acceptable in society's eyes for boys to play with them. :P This is my opinion purely because I haven't heard anyone be able to articulate the exact definition of "action figures" versus "dolls" that there aren't counterexamples for.
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 08:59:01 PM »
Pokemon items - no cards
small figures/items of fav anime characters

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 08:59:16 PM »
Too much stuff. Toooo much stuff. Our house is jampacked with stuff between my partner and me. We both tend to hoard things we like over time.

Dolls
MH and EAH, mostly. Also quite a few Novi Stars, and hybrids that I made of Novi heads and MH bodies. Dipping my toes into Pullip and BJDs lately as well.

Action figures
Mostly S.H. Figuarts and Figmas, but also several Star Wars Black Series figures, some random MotCU figures, Nendoroids, and so forth. My partner also collections Transformers, so they're mixed in with the action figures in our display cases.

Childhood Toys
I have a slew of toys that I saved from when I was a kid, and somehow they stayed in pretty good condition all that time. This includes Littlest Pet Shop toys and Polly Pockets in terms of collections, but also random one-off toys like my Cinderella Castle or my lone Sky Dancer.

Static Figures / Statuettes
Mostly for video games that we like, but also for anime on occasion. We have multiple KOS-MOS figures, because she's just. Too. Cool.

Board Games
We bought a bed that has a hydraulic lift system, so that we could use it to store our linens. This is only logical, because our linen closet is full of board games. Our biggest sets include Dominion and its many expansions, Arkham Horror, and Nightfall. But we have a lot of other games that are one-shots, or that we don't have the full run of (such as Mage Knight or our various decks of Fluxx and Smash Up).

Paintings / Art
This one is the most personal collection, I think. We have paintings from a lot of our friends who are artists (including my partner's mother and best friend, and my best friend from overseas). The canvases are all hung sans frames, and we need to get some pieces from other friends matted and hung, but we're running short on hanging room. We also buy cool art that we find at local galleries while travelling, or at events. We found a really neat metalworking shop on a recent trip, for example.

Lolita Fashion
I used to wear lolita pretty much daily, but that's kind of gone out the window with my health issues in the last year or two. I have been trying to pare down and sell things lately, actually, but the closet in my sewing room is full of nothing but lolita.

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 01:46:16 AM »
Beanie boo owls!  :biggrin:
(See signature)

Also Ever After High dolls though I'm not currently buying them.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 05:56:17 AM »
-Model Horses are the big non-pony collection for me!  I mostly collect Breyer, but I enjoy other brands as well so I have quite a bit of variety in my herd!
-Beatles related items!  This involves everything from books to memorabilia to records.  The highlights of my collection include Ringo Starr's autograph, a piece of a bath towel owned by John Lennon, a drawing and autograph from Ron Campbell who worked on both Yellow Submarine and the Beatles Cartoon, and a Wings "London Town" album autographed by Wings guitarist Denny Lane (also of the Moody Blues).  As a side note, I collect other music memorabilia as well (mostly 60s and 70s stuff) but the Beatles are really the focus.
-Anime/Manga is another interest of mine.  In addition to the books and DVDs I collect merch (both official and fan made stuff), too.  I'm mostly into sports anime, but I do like other things, too.  I especially like small blind box figures and key chains.  I also like figmas, but I only get them if I'm suuuper crazy about a character. 
-Plushies!  I love plushies.  I honestly have way too many but I can't stop!  Beanie Boos are a particular interest of mine right now.  Also Alpacasso are favorites of mine!!  Love them!
-I also collect some dolls.  I am pretty picky about what dolls I collect, so my doll collection is pretty small but I quite like all of them.  I have some MH/EAH, Pinkie Cooper, some Equestria Girls, and Barbies.
-Books!  No real rhyme or reason here, I just go for what I enjoy!  And I enjoy a lot of books so there's quite a bit of variety here!
-Other smaller collections include Bella Sara cards, Kinder Egg toys, and concert T-Shirts.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:47:47 AM by HelloGoodbye »

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2017, 06:33:43 AM »
Lion King
realistic animal figures
dragons
Thumper stuff cuz my Grandma loved Thumper and he reminds me of her

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal