collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help identify a weird 90s cartoon  (Read 791 times)

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Help identify a weird 90s cartoon
« on: June 14, 2017, 01:03:36 PM »
Many years ago (well, probably around 1997-2000), when I was just a little Shaz, dwelling in the merry land of England, I saw part of a really weird cartoon. I'm not sure if it was a film or just an episode of something; for whatever reason, I only saw a few minutes, but it was so bizarre (even by 90s cartoon standards) that I remember it.
There was some sort of ratlike creature in a very frilly dress, she seemed to be a queen or something. Then a young human girl got put into a pit, which happened to contain a dead gnome. The gnome was pretty large in comparison to the girl and had a white beard. I remember her going "*gasp* a dead gnome!" and kneeling down next to him.
I have tried searching online for this a few times, but have never got far with it. I'm starting to think I made it up! Which would be a shame, as it seems like the kind of odd/dark cartoon I'd probably quite enjoy watching now.
Anyone any idea what it might be?

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
Re: Help identify a weird 90s cartoon
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 01:15:19 PM »
Many years ago (well, probably around 1997-2000), when I was just a little Shaz, dwelling in the merry land of England, I saw part of a really weird cartoon. I'm not sure if it was a film or just an episode of something; for whatever reason, I only saw a few minutes, but it was so bizarre (even by 90s cartoon standards) that I remember it.
There was some sort of ratlike creature in a very frilly dress, she seemed to be a queen or something. Then a young human girl got put into a pit, which happened to contain a dead gnome. The gnome was pretty large in comparison to the girl and had a white beard. I remember her going "*gasp* a dead gnome!" and kneeling down next to him.
I have tried searching online for this a few times, but have never got far with it. I'm starting to think I made it up! Which would be a shame, as it seems like the kind of odd/dark cartoon I'd probably quite enjoy watching now.
Anyone any idea what it might be?

I wish I knew! The only thing I can think of, which almost certainly isn't it, is Thumbelina. There is a scene with a mouse in a frilly dress, and mean old mole and a human girl?

Otherwise I hope someone knows!

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 02:26:27 PM »
Could it have been a nutcracker cartoon? Perhaps the gnome was the nutcracker prince?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 04:07:14 PM »
I would say it might be David the Gnome, but I don't think that is it. There is one episode where David's wife Lisa plays dead after being attacked by a cat and the cat brings her home to his owners.

Maybe a Dot movie? wasn't she very small like Thumbelina?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 04:10:35 PM »
I don't suppose it was "The Princess and the Goblin" or "A Troll in Central Park"? 

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 01:47:39 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's not David the Gnome, as I've looked at that before.

It doesn't seem to be any of these. My list of Old Cartoons To Watch has increased dramatically though, as all of these sound really fun :)

I seem to remember that the ratlike creature in the dress was pink and that the human girl had dark hair.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 07:15:30 AM »
Hmmm...there is a version of Thumbelina where she has dark hair but I haven't watched it in a long time so I don't recall if there are any rats in tutus.  It's "Thumbelina: A Magical Story" and it's an anime movie.  But I'm not sure that that is the show you're describing, either.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal