collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who's your favorite male G1 pony?

Salty/Tug
9 (6.9%)
Tex
23 (17.6%)
Quarterback/Score
4 (3.1%)
Slugger/First Base
5 (3.8%)
Steamer/Tracks
4 (3.1%)
4-Speed/Trucker
7 (5.3%)
Barnacle
12 (9.2%)
Wigwam
2 (1.5%)
Chief
14 (10.7%)
Daddy Bright Bouquet
4 (3.1%)
Daddy Sweet Celebrations
7 (5.3%)
Daddy Apple Delight
6 (4.6%)
Tux 'n Tails
10 (7.6%)
Other (specify)
24 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 08:00:36 PM

Author Topic: Poll: Who's your favorite male G1 pony?  (Read 5024 times)

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: Who's your favorite male G1 pony?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 10:29:14 PM »
I didn't even think about the baby boys. Countdown is my absolute fav, but I also love leaper and ribbs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wishlist

Offline Cobblestone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2017, 09:39:37 PM »
Ice Crystal, for sure.
On a quest for breyer dapples

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2017, 03:48:51 AM »
probably Tex but the one I had as a kid was Salty

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline blazywazy110

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2017, 04:55:31 AM »
Ice Crystal for me. His colors are too gorgeous.  :lovey:

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2017, 04:54:46 PM »
Tex as i have a thing for yellow ponies and love the cow boy thing, also daddy bright bouquet, love his colour combo also i rather do like the other daddys, i think they are all great ;)

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2017, 06:52:29 PM »
Tux 'N Tails as the only "true" male adult of my childhood herd and Thundercloud as my fave color pony. Purple!
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2017, 08:58:43 PM »
Tex (army!) and Fireball

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2017, 09:19:01 PM »
I picked Quarterback and 4-Speed.  I love their colours soo much, and they are so stunning mint!  Hard though-- I love WigWam and Barnacle too :)

Taffeta-- We should totally have a poll for favourite UK boy!  And just rename this one to US boys.  Personally I think the mountain boys would win by a landslide, they are too cool  :cool:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 03:01:22 AM »
I am actively offended that this poll expect Mountain Boys to all be in the "other" category. They were the only boy ponies I had as a child, and if they're not on the poll properly, it isn't a poll on favourite G1 boys. It's a poll on favourite G1 boys sold in the US and Canada. Which is not the same thing at all.

I thought the same but my favourite is Sweet Celebrations so at least I got to vote.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2017, 06:03:37 AM »
I am actively offended that this poll expect Mountain Boys to all be in the "other" category. They were the only boy ponies I had as a child, and if they're not on the poll properly, it isn't a poll on favourite G1 boys. It's a poll on favourite G1 boys sold in the US and Canada. Which is not the same thing at all.
I thought the same but my favourite is Sweet Celebrations so at least I got to vote.
:cry: I'm so sorry. I was honestly just trying to list ponies who were available in most countries; instead I messed up and apparently only listed North American boys. I'm an idiot.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2017, 06:14:18 AM »
Haruna, you're not an idiot!! Don't be down on yourself, it was just a mistake :( -hugs-

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2017, 06:18:15 AM »
if you include Mountain Boys ... the it's a tie between Chief and Sunburst

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2017, 11:40:29 AM »
Quarterback is my favourite: he was the very first G1 pony I was really interested in

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2017, 05:32:47 AM »
I'm glad that there's a fairly even spread of love for these guys!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2017, 01:17:57 AM »
Taffeta-- We should totally have a poll for favourite UK boy!  And just rename this one to US boys.  Personally I think the mountain boys would win by a landslide, they are too cool  :cool:

To be honest, that wasn't really what I was looking for. I want to see UK stuff included and recognised as mainstream, standing alongside the US ponies, not segregated from them. A poll for UK boys doesn't make that happen, it separates them again. What got to me about this poll (and I am not attacking Haruna, I am making the wider point) is that those ponies were not considered mainstream and therefore were shunted out of it to make space for ponies that were all sold in the US. And that fact is the wider problem.

To me there are a lot of US and Canada only ponies that weren't part of my childhood, but I still consider them mainstream ponies. I don't understand why that can't go both ways.

It bothers me that ponies that were sold here and that I had as a child but which were also sold in the US are called "US ponies" (when they are global/international ponies), and it bothers me that anything sold in the UK or Europe is sectioned out because of that fact. If a UK pony is different from the US one, that automatically becomes a "UK variant" (rather than a UK version), or it becomes a non-pony (ie Non beddy bye eye, non-sosoft) rather than being called by its actual set name.

What was 'mainstream' to different collectors is different. I don't want to divide this into US and UK. I want to see UK and European stuff included with the US stuff so that it actually is given the same status and recognition, not just pushed into the 'other' category like it's somehow not as important as what was sold in the US. It's not a big deal to call a pony a "UK version" or a "UK pony", but that doesn't make it not mainstream. As I said before, they already don't belong in the Nirvana section, so if they don't belong here then where do they belong?

The fact that Tux appeared in this poll - a Mail Order boy - but the Mountain Boys (who were sold in stores like all the Big Brother and Daddy ponies) kind of underscores this point best of all. Mountain Boys were sold in the UK, Scandinavia, Malaysia/Singapore and probably Australasia. I think that's technically more countries than Tux & Tails, who was sold in the US and Canada officially.

The posts in this thread also show that a lot of people named Mountain Boys, but different ones. You can't  quantify that on the existing poll, thus the information it gives cannot possibly answer the question of who is the most popular G1 boy.

The comment about the baby boys is also valid, but I wonder if that poll had been included, whether we would see Baby Brothers Apple Delight and Bright Bouquet, as well as Baby Schoolbag or whether they too would be consigned to 'other' because they weren't sold in US stores...

I just think that we have to stop drawing those lines in the sand. If we can all accept that the Thailand fancy pants ponies are mainstream even though they are made in Thailand, because they were sold in US stores, surely it's not that hard to accept all Hong Kong and China made ponies as mainstream, even if they weren't sold in US stores?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal