collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ebay refund but the item arrived, how to proceed * mlpmacimcatnoir2016_1*  (Read 3984 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Hi there
I sold an item on ebay and sent without tracking. The buyer said the parcel never showed up so after 4 weeks I refunded in fully. The item has since shown up as the seller messaged me this but said nothing about returning the money. I am not sure how to proceed at this stage. Just suck up the loss, polite as that she pay again for the item?

I was very clear at the start I post without tracking and that I had never posted to her country before so was unaware of postage times. I did tell her some parcels can take up to 6-7 weeks (this parcel took about 7 weeks). She was actually quite nice to deal with and patient so yeah I just don't know how to proceed. I just am out of pocket quite a bit for a pony that she has. Any advice on how to proceed would be grand

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:19:33 PM by nhal039 »

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ebay refund but the item arrived, how to proceed
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 02:00:25 PM »
Maybe contact eBay?   Though, unless the buyer admits to eBay that they did get the item, you may still be at a loss.  I am not sure if eBay would take forwarded emails as proof, but it is worth contacting eBay to find out. 

I'm glad the buyer seemed nice, but if they have the item AND the money, that is in no way fair to you.
Did you ask the buyer directly about payment since they now have the item?

I wish you the best of luck!

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 02:19:04 PM »
yeah I should ask the buyer directly, I just don't know how to word it without sounding to rude or whether others would ask for money back? I hate asking for money, ugh.

I guess I will just suck it up and ask, maybe offer a discount since the item took so long

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 03:25:25 PM »
I would politely ask the buyer to return the payment since the item arrived, or if they don't want the item anymore, to return it to you.

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 06:51:45 PM »
I agree with everyone else. Ask the buyer to resend the payment. If they refuse to, or 'forget' to, then call ebay and speak with a representative there. Hopefully this buyer has been messaging you through the ebay message system, so ebay can confirm what they said.

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 06:58:22 PM »
Similar situation except I was the buyer and there was tracking involved I believe.  Long story short, received refund, item arrived a couple days later, notified seller, and paid directly through PayPal since I had their account from initial transaction.  Hopefully it is a person of integrity that you are dealing with. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:13:29 AM by jrr74 »
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 10:03:06 PM »
I sent her a message so hopefully she replies, she has been messaging through ebay the whole time so everything is recorded so I will just see how it goes and can update here hopefully with good news :) :)

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 10:46:04 PM »
A similar situation happened but in my case the seller sent me a tracking number that could not be traced because I think the numbers might hv been wrong. Anyway since I couldn't track the package and it was pass the estimated time frame for delivery,  I asked for a refund. And the seller refunded me.

After 3 weeks I received the item and I told the seller I finally got the item and am going pay for it. The seller then proceeded to send me a very rude email,  calling me a fraud and I just want to get free items and etc etc.  In any case I just wanted to get my item fairly and I just wanted to get over this so I PayPal the money and told the seller.

Then I ignored his subsequent emails about how big of a scammer I am and etc. I paid for the item and that's it. At least I was honest about it. I bet there are people out there who wouldnt have paid.

I would suggest just asking the buyer to pay since she got the item and it's only fair.
:happy:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 03:00:14 PM »
I had a similar thing happen once as the buyer of an item on ebay which did not arrive for weeks and weeks and ebay refunded me. Then eventually, after about ten weeks, it arrived. I contacted Ebay to ask about paying for the item because I had no contact information for the seller (for some reason I did not have their direct paypal details, I forget why...I think it was because it was a direct payment through Ebay or something) and they were surprised that I was honest enough to want to pay. Sounds like a lot of people don't want to in that situation.

In any case, they said they would contact the seller on my behalf and get him to contact me. He never did. :/

@Piinkypiie - why would he accuse you of fraud when you said you wanted to pay him? Some sellers are plain weird...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 12:25:50 PM »
Thanks taffeta and everyone for advice. I havent heard back from the buyer i will give it a few days then try contact ebay but i cant imagine them being to helpful

Offline anthologia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • a collection : gathering flowers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 01:10:22 PM »
Then I ignored his subsequent emails about how big of a scammer I am and etc. I paid for the item and that's it. At least I was honest about it. I bet there are people out there who wouldnt have paid.

Ah yes that old scam where you receive an item late, try to pay for it again, and then.... profit? somehow? despite the fact that you're trying to pay for it?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 02:34:11 PM »
My suggestion for wording the request for money:

"Awesome, thanks for letting me know!  I'm so glad it arrived safely. :)  You can resend payment of [$total amount of money] to the same PayPal address as before, [your Paypal address here].  Thanks a bunch and have a great day!"

I know it might be too late because it sounds like you already PMed them, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. ;)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 09:13:02 PM »
To be honest i only asked they repay postage and ebay fees and keep the pony cost, i still havent heard anytbing back but its only been a few days so hopefully they will agree to that

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 04:31:40 AM »
Well, it's your decision.  I just didn't think it was fair for the buyer to have both the item *and* the money, leaving you with nothing.

It's not your fault the mail took ages to deliver.  You did your part and you warned the buyer of the long wait time.

But I hope you at least get what you asked for.  I actually hope they pay you the full amount, as I feel it is deserved.  But that is only my opinion. 

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2017, 09:41:08 AM »
Personally I think you should post their username here if they don't pay.  I don't want to sell to them if they aren't going to be fair to sellers.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal