collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you attending the pony fair / hascon for sure ? and will you be vending or not ?

yes i am going as a regular attendee
9 (7.4%)
no i am not going
86 (71.1%)
yes i am going but as a vendor
1 (0.8%)
maybe i am waiting on more details to be a regular attendee
15 (12.4%)
maybe i am waiting on more details as a vendor
10 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Who is attending the pony fair / hascon ???  (Read 6846 times)

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
Re: Who is attending the pony fair / hascon ???
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2017, 12:43:59 AM »
Just waiting on some more info before I decide for sure. But I'm pretty sure I'm going :) I need to request the time off of work and I haven't booked a hotel room yet (really need to look into that).

Offline Sophie pouliche

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2017, 03:12:46 AM »
Really wish to know information to prepare the trip, don't look very serious this year...

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+115)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2017, 04:22:04 AM »
I am 95% certain I'm not attending. I'll be at Breyerfest in KY (bringing ponies to sell in my hotel room July 13-15th room 551 at the Clarion hotel in Lexington, ) and will try to bring a bunch to the Ohio meet in August as well:) My poor car is just not trustworthy enough for a 19 road trip. We stayed at that hotel when it was the Westin back in 2008 for the fair and it was not fun hauling things to the convo hall. I love my pony friends but if I can't make enough vending to cover the trip and break somewhat even, I just can't afford it nor justify it when it's not a city I'm excited to return to.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2017, 05:30:46 AM »
I'm probably one of the few people here who is hoping that Hascon actually is successful. Before I was a MLP fan I was a fan of LPS but unfortunately what LPS community exists isn't really interested in starting a con. So for me Hascon is probably the closest I'll get to a LPS con. That MLP will also be involved is a bonus.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 05:32:46 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also looking for EG Roller Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare,
brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

My Trades. Av by Moonflower.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2017, 12:21:34 PM »
I am 95% certain I'm not attending. I'll be at Breyerfest in KY (bringing ponies to sell in my hotel room July 13-15th room 551 at the Clarion hotel in Lexington, )

I'll be at Breyerfest so I'll be sure to stop by and say hi (and probably buy a pony or two!)!  I'm not staying at the Clarion, but I'm planning on going over to room shop in the evenings  :)

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2017, 12:41:27 PM »
yeah and just a note according to hascons page you can not share a booth, and that your name is marked / tied to your booth

I'm wondering if that applies to just the main exhibitor / artist room? It seems like our setup is going to be very different than the mainstream Hascon area.   It's a question SweetTune will probably answer for us.

I know there's a lot of negative feelings towards Hasbro & Hascon right now, but they are still essentially giving us a lot of what we love about the Fair  (separate area, with our own vending, our own prices, our own panels and activities, and even the hall of fame dinner!) They don't have to do that, so I'm grateful.  We're getting a lot more than the Transformer collectors anyway. 

Obviously I prefer our peeps having more control over the event and lower prices, but I'm keeping an open mind about the changes this year. Like Wardah, I hope it's successful. I don't think a successful Hascon means they want to encorporate the Fair every year. They just want a good initial first year to kickstart it and make it worth the expense and work they're putting into it.   Summer has stated on FB that this is just a brief hiatus for the Fair and it will return to something we're more familiar with in the future. I think she's testing out this arrangement just like the rest of us.   I'm keeping a positive and still practical outlook, because it doesn't do any good to wish for a terrible experience for our fellow collectors ;)   

I will miss those that can't make it.  It'll likely be a smaller MLP crowd, but then again, that doesn't have to be a terrible thing.  Every year, there are complaints about the Fair being too big and how they miss the good ole days of the Fair being small and cozy.  Well....that wish just might come true this year.   I'm hoping for those of us that do go, that we'll be all cozy and have fun together, and maybe just end up being a closer knit group than before.
 :grouphug:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:42:58 PM by ashlyne »

Offline rowdy_cowgirl

• Trade Count: (+100)
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2017, 02:13:44 PM »
I'm keeping a positive and still practical outlook, because it doesn't do any good to wish for a terrible experience for our fellow collectors ;)   

I will miss those that can't make it.  It'll likely be a smaller MLP crowd, but then again, that doesn't have to be a terrible thing.  Every year, there are complaints about the Fair being too big and how they miss the good ole days of the Fair being small and cozy.  Well....that wish just might come true this year.   I'm hoping for those of us that do go, that we'll be all cozy and have fun together, and maybe just end up being a closer knit group than before.

Yes, 100% this.  There have been a lot of bitter and negative posts regarding the fair this year and that is not helpful to anyone.  I'm sure we all realize that the fair will never be able to make everyone happy and this year in particular has been out of their control.  While I get the need to express frustration with the situation, I do feel that a lot of the party pooper posts are unnecessary and petty.

Signature by Whippetluv

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2017, 03:00:39 PM »
I am not attending. There was very little to no information until the very last minute and with the prices what they are for Hascon it's pretty expensive. I am also not really interested in the other products that Hasbro is offering at Hascon. I was also turned off but the price of Artist alley/vendor table and the extensive amount of rules and the harsh amount of control over being able to pull your artwork at any given time. These rules are pretty harsh for a first time event. The autograph policy is also extremely strict too. Proof of purchase required from Hasbro vendor for item to be autographed?

I am still trying to stay positive and I really hope that those who go do you have a great time and it is worth the price. Perhaps if I lived closer, (I am on the West coast) it would have been easier for me to try to attend. But it is very far and with the con being so close and by a holiday too it's just too much for me. Everyone going have fun and please share all of your pictures again!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2017, 03:01:27 PM »

I'm wondering if that applies to just the main exhibitor / artist room? It seems like our setup is going to be very different than the mainstream Hascon area.   It's a question SweetTune will probably answer for us.

I know there's a lot of negative feelings towards Hasbro & Hascon right now, but they are still essentially giving us a lot of what we love about the Fair  (separate area, with our own vending, our own prices, our own panels and activities, and even the hall of fame dinner!) They don't have to do that, so I'm grateful.  We're getting a lot more than the Transformer collectors anyway. 

Obviously I prefer our peeps having more control over the event and lower prices, but I'm keeping an open mind about the changes this year. Like Wardah, I hope it's successful. I don't think a successful Hascon means they want to encorporate the Fair every year. They just want a good initial first year to kickstart it and make it worth the expense and work they're putting into it.   Summer has stated on FB that this is just a brief hiatus for the Fair and it will return to something we're more familiar with in the future. I think she's testing out this arrangement just like the rest of us.   I'm keeping a positive and still practical outlook, because it doesn't do any good to wish for a terrible experience for our fellow collectors ;)   

^^^^this^^^^
Love your attitude, ashlyne!
It will, in the end, be what we make of it!
 :beerchug:

Thank you SDS!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+165)
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2017, 03:31:10 PM »

It will, in the end, be what we make of it!
 :beerchug:

I totally agree! Speaking from experience, it comes down to who you spend your time with and your attitudes, even in not-so-idea environments. I've been to events that would be considered complete failures but had a blast because of those I was with.   A lot of people didn't like the last Vegas Fair and there were unavoidable issues with last year's Chicago Fair, and yet I had an incredible time largely in part to those who took on the "lemons ==> lemonade" attitude MustBeJewel mentioned. 

I don't mind people expressing their opinions, questions, concerns.   But it's the negative assumptions that I find harmful (ie, the Fair is ruined, Hasbro doesn't care about us collectors, no way they'd give us special pricing, this is the future of the Fair, no one is going to attend, etc).  It spreads rumors and prejudice about things that aren't known yet.  There's a big difference between speculating what might be and expecting the worst. 

Not everyone opposed to HasCon is doing it, and we see sour attitudes every year. But there's enough of it happening this year that I think it's worth asking people to not assume the worst. 

Offline Ficklefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2017, 04:41:23 PM »
I think the lack of information coming from Hasbro is causing a lot of the negative posts. Even just information on hascon itself is leaving a lot to be desired. This is a very expensive convention in its first year with little to no information forthcoming. That's bound to put people off. Had say, the Fair combined with SDCC or DragonCon people would have been more open minded to wait on information as they're both well established conventions. (I'm not saying this would ever happen or would be a good idea).
Currently away from the Arena, please email if you need me. Notifications are turned off for PMs.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2017, 05:02:28 PM »
It is weird they haven't told vendors how much the tables will be- that seems like a glaring omission.
Nevermind!

I am not going but definitely looking forward to what people see!

I hope the collector-sales booth area can be worked out- that seems to be a big part of the charm of the Fair. 

I'm DYING to see what kind of goodies you guys get!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 10:23:22 PM by Galactica »

Offline skig

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault
    • skig's My Little Pony Customs
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2017, 05:02:42 PM »
I'm keeping a positive and still practical outlook, because it doesn't do any good to wish for a terrible experience for our fellow collectors ;)   

Yes, 100% this.  There have been a lot of bitter and negative posts regarding the fair this year and that is not helpful to anyone.  I'm sure we all realize that the fair will never be able to make everyone happy and this year in particular has been out of their control.  While I get the need to express frustration with the situation, I do feel that a lot of the party pooper posts are unnecessary and petty.

Yes to both of you!

Offline Ficklefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2017, 05:52:56 PM »
Maybe this will help with some confusion.

This notice was on the MLP Fair site

"The My Little Pony Fair will not be taking place this year. However, I am extremely excited to announce that I will be collaborating with Hasbro on HASCON, the company’s  first-ever fan and family convention in September 2017. The massive event, which will be held in Providence at the Rhode Island Convention Center and Dunkin Donuts Center from September 8-10, 2017, will treat attendees to three unforgettable days featuring a celebration of Hasbro’s powerful characters and stories, including live interactive experiences, exclusive products, talent appearances, panels and much more.

Tickets for the event will start to go on sale shortly. Please see below for additional details and hope to see you at HASCON!"

And Summer's responses when asked about the notice and ticket prices.

"Hasbro had me put that on the Fair  website so people would stop getting confused. The Fair is combining with HasCon in 2017 under the HasCon name, in our own area, with very similar programming that we've always had. We will have our own panels, vendor/collector room, hall of fame dinner etc. Basically everything we've had at the Fair plus you can go do the other stuff too if you want.

It is the same event except Hasbro is dealing with ticket sales and there will be lots more exclusive merchandise.

Plus, there will be other areas for other fandoms as well. I'm curious why people are freaking out about this. We are going to have the same amount of G1 programming and sales area as always (and we are working on a special vendor price for this area) Yes, hotels are expensive... they were also super expensive both times we had the Fair in RI as well. Ticket prices are also more. I announced that we are working on some sort of a past Fair attendee discount. I don't know how much more transparent I can be with this. I cannot make every tiny decision and announcement because I have to have everything approved by their PR department. I've asked for patience, but it is quite clear that it is the nature of the beast that people will flip out every year no matter how well the event is organized."
Currently away from the Arena, please email if you need me. Notifications are turned off for PMs.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2017, 07:49:23 PM »
I didn't vote yet because the option didn't matc.  I am definitely going (as long as tickets don't sell out before we get more "FAIR" info) but I need more information to decide if I am vending or not.  :D

This is the inaugural year so it is going to be exciting and probably exhausting!

~Foxtale~