collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you attending the pony fair / hascon for sure ? and will you be vending or not ?

yes i am going as a regular attendee
9 (7.4%)
no i am not going
86 (71.1%)
yes i am going but as a vendor
1 (0.8%)
maybe i am waiting on more details to be a regular attendee
15 (12.4%)
maybe i am waiting on more details as a vendor
10 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Who is attending the pony fair / hascon ???  (Read 11053 times)

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • Retro Dolls US
Re: Who is attending the pony fair / hascon ???
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2017, 07:46:12 PM »
I've vended at the fair for the last 4 years. As it stands, less than 3 months from the fair and we still have no pricing for booths. We've been told we get a discount, however unless it's a significant amount, it's still too pricey, especially when you add on travel expenses, food and lodging. My travel buddy/roomie (My Little Demon) has pretty much said she's doubtful on going, which if she didn't go, I definitely couldn't afford without going halves with someone on traveling/room. About 90% of the people I know from previous fairs who vend (my friends) have also said they're unlikely to be there- a VERY small few waiting on booth prices, and one for sure attending. And really honestly don't know if I'd be able to make enough profit from vending to justify going. I sell doll hair and customs- I don't know of many customizers or restorer's attending, and although I could just sit and look pretty, I really don't forsee much product moving at this event. I vend so that I can have a nice vacation and enjoy visiting with my friends. I have no interest in anything else in HasCon aside from LPS. The amount of time left is not really enough time to plan finances and such. I will be vending at TrotCon in July (14-16), and have a table at the NW Ohio Pony Meet in August. HasCon's prices as is are pretty ridiculous. The prices are higher than some long time established conventions where they know the amount of attendees to expect. I know Summer and staff are doing their hardest to get info to us as soon as they can and really have their hands tied when it comes to this whole thing, so my frustration/anger/disappointment is not directed at them. I just hate to see our fair get taken over like this. I wish I could say I was attending/vending and doing a panel again this year, however, it's looking pretty doubtful.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 07:52:37 PM by enchantress41580 »

Offline skig

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault
    • skig's My Little Pony Customs
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 08:13:34 PM »
I booked two free cancellation hotel rooms through hotels.com about a month ago (I couldn't just book one for some reason). I know round-about how much my room and gas to get there and back will cost, so my attendance is hinging on the cost of admission and vending.

Offline enchantress41580

• Retro Dolls US
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 08:23:58 PM »
Fairly sure my room is still booked- did back when they first announced where it was going to be, still it all hinges on prices and if I'll have a roommate to split costs with.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+107)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 08:55:07 PM »
Not going, too far away...

G4 Sales Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline MustBeJewel

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • www.MustBeJewel.com
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2017, 09:35:19 PM »
I am going and planning on vending! Since we have our own area, I have no qualms about table rate because they will not be anywhere near the price of the main area. I have been hoarding the good stuff for the occasion! Worst case scenario, Ill have stuff for the UK con the following month. :heart:

Me too! :) I've got my hotel room and airfare, I'm going to make a great trip out of it and have fun with one of my best buddies. I might even do some vending at the Fair if I can find someone to share a table with. For me, it's all about lemons -> lemonade. ;)

PS: Whitney if I can squeeze into your luggage can I please go with to UK Pony Con?  :lookround:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Art :: Wish List  :: Jewel's MLP Store :: Pony Auctions :: Collection [Facebook] :: Refs

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+105)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2017, 10:48:55 PM »
I am going and planning on vending! Since we have our own area, I have no qualms about table rate because they will not be anywhere near the price of the main area. I have been hoarding the good stuff for the occasion! Worst case scenario, Ill have stuff for the UK con the following month. :heart:

I'm in the same boat  :)  Planning to attend and vend and cleaning at least 50 G1 ponies a week to bring a huge herd to the event.   But, if for some reason the overall expense is too high once we get all the details, everything I've booked is changeable and I'll have a great table next year   ^.^   

that ^^^ (MLPWhitney) and that ^^^ (ashlyne),  ditto. Well, except for cleaning 50 ponies a week. I have about 20 to tidy up and price after my recent ebay, erm, splurge. (but managed to get some awesome pony cases and little accessories in the splurge for decent prices. Now to reorganize the closet.)

Depending on price, also, it might be a matter of downsizing to one table instead of the usual two. We go to the Fair for pony fun and vacation, and to get rid of extras that came our way for one reason or another, not to vend for profit (we NEVER come out ahead once the fair fees are figured in, much less the travel and food, so I have achieved a certain peace with that fact lol), so I count us fortunate in that regard. Unfortunately though, we have no interest at all in anything other than the ponies, so we're  hoping next year things return to "normal".

I have faith that the deets of the discounts will arrive soon enough, and that we will be relatively satisfied with them, given what Summer has to work with this year. I voted "vending depending on cost" but feel pretty sure that we will most likely be there with at least one table.

Offline enchantress41580

• Retro Dolls US
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 11:11:24 PM »
I have a ton of doll hair (way more than previous years), lots of customs, so I'd be good if I do go. My Little Demon confirmed that we do still have a hotel room reserved, so it's a waiting game I guess. I'll be setting aside $$ just in case. Still planning on doing the hair panel that I did last year if I can afford to go (already discussed with Summer). Have tweaked it a bit and will have slides to go w/the presentation.

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+148)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2017, 11:25:51 PM »

I'm in the same boat  :)  Planning to attend and vend and cleaning at least 50 G1 ponies a week to bring a huge herd to the event.   But, if for some reason the overall expense is too high once we get all the details, everything I've booked is changeable and I'll have a great table next year   ^.^   

that ^^^ (MLPWhitney) and that ^^^ (ashlyne),  ditto. Well, except for cleaning 50 ponies a week. I have about 20 to tidy up and price after my recent ebay, erm, splurge. (but managed to get some awesome pony cases and little accessories in the splurge for decent prices. Now to reorganize the closet.)

Depending on price, also, it might be a matter of downsizing to one table instead of the usual two. We go to the Fair for pony fun and vacation, and to get rid of extras that came our way for one reason or another, not to vend for profit (we NEVER come out ahead once the fair fees are figured in, much less the travel and food, so I have achieved a certain peace with that fact lol), so I count us fortunate in that regard. Unfortunately though, we have no interest at all in anything other than the ponies, so we're  hoping next year things return to "normal".

I have faith that the deets of the discounts will arrive soon enough, and that we will be relatively satisfied with them, given what Summer has to work with this year. I voted "vending depending on cost" but feel pretty sure that we will most likely be there with at least one table.

^^^^^^^ also this....lol ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ just thought I would keep it going...hehe

I plan to attend and I also plan to vend....just waiting to hear prices on booths......I have Nirvana's and almost all g1s :)

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2017, 11:54:18 PM »
very interesting to read everyone's comments and points of views. i started this poll to give us some kind of idea on what we are all doing. i love seeing all my pony pals every year but i also have read that many are just not going. so it is nice to know who we will see there and what will be available to us

myself and a few others are trying to see if maybe it is better for us to make a quick run down for Saturday instead of the whole week end.
jumping in a car Friday night, stay one night in a hotel, shop the g1 tables on Saturday and then boot it on home for Saturday night. so we would not have to take the greyhound bus or plane. but again this depends on how many people will vend..... not many people are going to head down for 5 tables of g1 stuff

Offline rowdy_cowgirl

• Trade Count: (+100)
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2017, 11:56:59 PM »
Mom and I are planning to attend and vend.  She's working on plushies and I've got some G1s and other various stuff to sell.  Hoping booth prices are reasonable, though we will likely only have one table this year.  I am excited to do pony fair again since I couldn't go to either Chicago fair.

Signature by Whippetluv

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2017, 11:58:24 PM »
I have the time approved off from work and will be driving my 'hotel' room there. My life is pretty up-in-the-air right now, so this show is very much a maybe. Essentially, if I get the marketing job I've applied for, I will be attending for sure, as a vendor preferred as an attendee if prices are too insane. If I don't get the marketing job, attendance is 50/50; I may move back to Colorado or I may attend one day as a guest and do a rocking trip up through New England.

Offline rowdy_cowgirl

• Trade Count: (+100)
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2017, 11:59:21 PM »
very interesting to read everyone's comments and points of views. i started this poll to give us some kind of idea on what we are all doing. i love seeing all my pony pals every year but i also have read that many are just not going. so it is nice to know who we will see there and what will be available to us

myself and a few others are trying to see if maybe it is better for us to make a quick run down for Saturday instead of the whole week end.
jumping in a car Friday night, stay one night in a hotel, shop the g1 tables on Saturday and then boot it on home for Saturday night. so we would not have to take the greyhound bus or plane. but again this depends on how many people will vend..... not many people are going to head down for 5 tables of g1 stuff

Based on this thread, it sounds like it would be worth it to check out Whitney, ashlyne, and wizzer's booths!  At least it would be for me. 

Signature by Whippetluv

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 12:07:28 AM »
yeah and just a note according to hascons page you can not share a booth, and that your name is marked / tied to your booth

Offline Chibiskittles

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Meow!
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2017, 12:12:46 AM »
i thought i was going to be able to convince my husband to go... but apparently not.  i forgot we have a rather large bill to pay off xD  oh well. :P
I play World of Warcraft -WAY- too much.
after fifteen -THOUSAND- posts, I now haunt the Arena woodwork  :lol:
http://chibiskittles.tumblr.com/
~I make pretty things with yarn~

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+70)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2017, 12:20:08 AM »
I am going to attend this year, as usual, but not vending this year. For the record, the decision not to vend has nothing to do with the setup of this year's Fair but was decided quite awhile ago.

Elf