collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you attending the pony fair / hascon for sure ? and will you be vending or not ?

yes i am going as a regular attendee
9 (7.4%)
no i am not going
86 (71.1%)
yes i am going but as a vendor
1 (0.8%)
maybe i am waiting on more details to be a regular attendee
15 (12.4%)
maybe i am waiting on more details as a vendor
10 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Who is attending the pony fair / hascon ???  (Read 11064 times)

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
Who is attending the pony fair / hascon ???
« on: June 11, 2017, 11:58:18 AM »
Hi fellow pony collectors.

I would like to know who will be attending the pony fair / hascon ? 

I am curious to know how many people will actually be going to see how many we would be. I also would like to know who is going to vend there to give us an idea of how many tables we will see with some g1 stuff on it.

Online HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
Re: Who is attending the pony fair / hascon ???
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 12:27:33 PM »
At this point I am planning on going as a regular attendee (but it's far enough away that I don't think I can say I'm going with 100% certainty).  Unfortunately, it is after the semester has already begun, so I am also not sure if I'd be able to go for the whole weekend (as much as I'd like to).  I also am not eligible for the discount price since this would be my first fair so one day would also be the more affordable choice.

I want to go really, really badly (for at least a day) since it is quite close to where I live and so this is a great chance for me to go so fingers crossed I'll be able to make it down at some point throughout the weekend. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • ~never too old for ponies~
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 02:51:24 PM »
Not in my budget... for the uuumpteenth year in a row...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Avatar:Vanilla Virus, Sig: Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder <3

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 03:14:50 PM »
its looking like i might not be attending but again am hanging on to find out more.  i would love to show up for 1 day as well to run in shop and leave but that is difficult without finding someone with a car instead of me having to take the greyhound.

im trying to get a sense of IF i go what and how much stuff is there going to be to actually buy g1 ?

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 03:19:26 PM »
Not going to make it this year sadly. I will be going to Ohio meet in August so will hope to see some of my pony friends there.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 03:34:54 PM »
I want to attend and vend, but i need lots more details because travel price has increased for me this year due to location change, and the hascon general ticket prices are not... budget friendly....
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 03:39:49 PM »
Not going this year.  Starting at a new job (no vacation time until March) and not sure about this new setup.  I'm going what to see what the canaries say.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline lginoh3

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bratz Pony
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 04:22:39 PM »
My family will be attending. 
My teen daughter loves G1 the most, but likes all things pony, so we will enjoy it no matter what the focus is.  Hopefully lots of people choose to attend and vend, but if not, we will still try to make it a pony and fun-filled time.

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+588)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 04:38:36 PM »
not answering the poll yet
planning to attend
hoping to vend
need more info/prices (soon I hope)

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline ABrownCrayon

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 05:02:47 PM »
I love going to pony fair but this year I will not be going. The extra time I'd need off work, and the hugely higher expense of flying to the coast plus a rental car, a hotel room with twice the usual nightly rate AND hascon tickets being twice the cost of the fair is impossibly cost prohibitive for me. If I managed to actually afford all that, I'd barely have a pony budget.

That being said, I'm glad I've decided not to go this year. To spend THAT MUCH money on Hascon and then have it be as terrible as all the details are making it sound.. I'd be LIVID that I wasted my money. I don't D&D, I don't do MTG, and I'm kind of meh on transformers. Seems like ponies are being shoved into this as an afterthought, and the little bit that Hasbro includes is probably going to highly cater towards G4 and bronies because that is what is in stores now and that is what they can still profit from. So far none of my good friends have confirmed 100% that they will be vending. Will there even *BE* G1 ponies to buy?? so no, I'm not going to try. And maybe I'm wrong, maybe it'll be great and I'll miss out. We'll see what happens, but for me it's not worth the risk.

Post Merge: June 11, 2017, 05:14:18 PM

Ps from what I'm seeing online the event is at the convention center. The attached hotel is Omni Providence. From their direct website from Thursday 8th to Monday the 11th the cheapest rate it offers is $799 PER NIGHT.

Going through the Orbitz app, nearby motels like the super 8 show only one room left. And of course you'd need transportation if you stay offsite.

Yeaaaaah no
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 05:14:18 PM by ABrownCrayon »

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 05:20:45 PM »
I am going and planning on vending! Since we have our own area, I have no qualms about table rate because they will not be anywhere near the price of the main area. I have been hoarding the good stuff for the occasion! Worst case scenario, Ill have stuff for the UK con the following month. :heart:
My :heart: belongs to wacky G1 merchandise!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 05:46:35 PM »
I am going and planning on vending! Since we have our own area, I have no qualms about table rate because they will not be anywhere near the price of the main area. I have been hoarding the good stuff for the occasion! Worst case scenario, Ill have stuff for the UK con the following month. :heart:

I'm in the same boat  :)  Planning to attend and vend and cleaning at least 50 G1 ponies a week to bring a huge herd to the event.   But, if for some reason the overall expense is too high once we get all the details, everything I've booked is changeable and I'll have a great table next year   ^.^   

Offline pineapple

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Fizzy Pop has heard quite enough
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 06:31:30 PM »
There's only 89 days left to the event and there's still no information.

Offline tiggerkitn25

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+185)
  • Scribbles Pony
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 07:14:00 PM »
My daughter and I love going to the pony fair, but it's just too far and looking like WAY too much money for us this year.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 04:56:36 PM by tiggerkitn25 »

Thanks SDS and YLH for my persona pics!

Offline alexgrayson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 07:29:17 PM »
 Really was looking forward to going with it so close this year, but it just feels like Hasbro crushed the spirit of the Pony Fair in favor of commercialization. I'm hoping for more info to come to  light to see if the Pony Fair will be a separate entity inside of HasCon or if Hasbro really did swallow it whole and destroy everything that made the Pony Fair unique.