collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need help from Canadians  (Read 2168 times)

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Need help from Canadians
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 06:37:09 PM »
You'll want a pass if you're going to be using busses regularly anyway.  Normally they're bought by the month and you'll need a TTC ID card to go with it.  Monthly pass entitles you to as many rides as you want.  Otherwise there's cash or tickets if you're not using enough to justify the monthly pass cost.

https://www.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Prices/Prices.jsp

Pretty sure Ubers and similar are also around, but personally I've not used one, so not the best person to advise. 

You're more likely to be assaulted by a moose than a gun around here, and moose are pretty darn unlikely to show up anywhere urbanized.  I think it's technically legal to have, say, hunting rifles and pistols ... but nobody walks around in a city with one. o_o;  The only real guns you're likely to see are on the belts of police officers or security guards, maybe.  I mean sure there's bad people no matter where you go and it's not impossible to get a gun by any means, but your average citizen doesn't have one, probably has never held one, and doesn't really want one.   Use common sense and you should be just fine.

Omg ur presto service is similar to our ezlink except ezlink can be used to paid for other stuff besides transport like food, etc.

Haha likely to be assaulted by a moose..  :lol:
No to guns (of lethal force).  We don't carry or wield them.  Unless you have a permit for hunting or are in law enforcement--and even then, you would be more likely to get struck my lightning then to need one.

The locals (us) don't have, don't want, and are frankly disturbed to even think of it.

ETA: Yes, there will always be certain areas of any city that are shady--and Toronto is no different.  Ill have to actually ask my dad (who was born and raised there) for specifics since I wouldn't know personally..ive always been with others when I go and always  on the main streets)

One other thing.  I don't know about your country but if you take the subway be quick.  Its convenient but those doors are freaking evil.

Ok thanks for asking your dad!:)
Haha here they have a beeping and announce "door closing" before the doors close. To warn ppl that they are closing the doors. But thanks for the tip!
:happy:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal