collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 443 times)

Offline AnWren

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • Ren - 18 - he/him - I collect G3's (not a brony)
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!
« on: June 10, 2017, 07:39:22 AM »
I'm Ren (he/him), in 18 years old and live in Australia, and currently in University studying a bachelor of Design. My biggest hobbies are visual art like drawing and painting, and I'm now getting into figure skating!

I've only just recently started wanting to collect ponies, I don't plan on having a massive collection but I've always wanted to get back some childhood favourites. I had a whole suitcase full of G3 ponies as a kid but ended up giving them all to a charity for a severe bushfire which affected affected many people in an area where I had a lot of family, so I don't regret that but I'd like to have a few to myself now that I'm older :) I'm only interested in G3' toys really, but I loved the G1 cartoons as a kid as well. 

To restart my small collection I recently bought a Wysteria! She was, from memory, my first pony as a child and now my first again as an adult <3

lostpony

Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 06:30:28 PM »
Hi welcome to the arena!

a great way to start your new collection, with the same pony as your childhood collection. 

Be sure to check out the art of your new fellow members in the Arts n Crafts forum, and feel free to share some there too if you like.  We love to see your stuff! and your ponies too, in the Brag forum if you'd like to share, and check out the For Sale forum to buy ponies from fellow collectors. 

What were your favorite G1 episodes and characters?

Feel free to look around and make yourself at home.  Hope you have a great time here!

Offline AnWren

• Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • Ren - 18 - he/him - I collect G3's (not a brony)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 07:06:30 PM »
I enjoyed the My Little Pony 'n Friends movies and I think my favourite from those was called The Ghost of Paradise Estate. I don't remember ever having a favourite character in the past but seeing it again I really like the design of Fizzy in the animation! She has pretty unique colours from the looks of it.

lostpony

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 01:33:46 PM »
A lot of people really love Fizzy!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 09:17:47 PM »
Welcome to the Arena from a fellow aussie!  :wave:

I too am a Fizzy lover that stemmed from watching all the original G1 animation.  I was also very partial to wind whistler because she forever was the one to show up and guide/take charge with Megan :)

Look forward to seeing you around.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 04:35:51 PM »
You have probably come into G3 collecting at exactly the right time. There are a lot of other people here who focus on G3/grew up with G3 and right now they are still turning up on the second hand market so I wish you lots of luck in finding a couple bargains to create the collection you want to have. Wysteria is really pretty as well.

So lovely you gave your original ponies away to such a good cause. I'm glad they went to such special new homes and I am sure they were really well loved :)

Welcome to the Arena!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal